Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Kanos posted:

"If you say anything to the wrong person, this man will brutally and violently murder your parents and then you, and they've been provided examples of him doing similar things to prove that it's not an empty threat" is a ridiculously powerful motivator to keep your mouth shut for a kid. We're not talking about him tattling on someone for stealing a purse here or something, we're talking about AfO having a proverbial gun to his entire family's head.

His parents are absolutely to blame for making the moronic decision that they did, but I'm absolutely not going to blame still-a-child Aoyama for not wanting to risk his own deaths and the deaths of his entire family.

You're right, but he did have a choice no matter how ridiculous it is. Also, if he doesn't reveal himself he might contribute to a far worse situation than dead parents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
I'm glad Ragdoll showed up again, even for a moment. :)

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Brandfarlig posted:

You're right, but he did have a choice no matter how ridiculous it is.

"well, he could have committed suicide and murdered his entire family, that's a choice!"
imagine blaming a child

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

lunar detritus posted:

"well, he could have committed suicide and murdered his entire family, that's a choice!"
imagine blaming a child

No you're right it's not like bravery at the cost of your own life is a thing in this series. I'm mainly blaming his parents but to say he had no choice is wrong. Also, If Aoyama was more than highly irrelevant side character before this I'd probably be more sympathetic.

And there was no bomb. No failsafe. Dude's fine and so are his parents. Not that he had any way of knowing that but it evidently would've worked out fine!

Brandfarlig fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jan 14, 2022

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

lunar detritus posted:

imagine blaming a child

Imagine getting on a moral high-horse about a Shonen Jump kids series

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I’d say Aoyama has blood on his hands except nobody important has died so lmao

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I like that Shinso was apparently just hanging out doing his best Spider-Man impression while this was all going on.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Brandfarlig posted:

No you're right it's not like bravery at the cost of your own life is a thing in this series. I'm mainly blaming his parents but to say he had no choice is wrong. Also, If Aoyama was more than highly irrelevant side character before this I'd probably be more sympathetic.

And there was no bomb. No failsafe. Dude's fine and so are his parents. Not that he had any way of knowing that but it evidently would've worked out fine!

Technically that’s not bravery at the cost of his own life, it’s bravery at the cost of someone else’s life, those of his parents.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Brandfarlig posted:

Also, If Aoyama was more than highly irrelevant side character before this I'd probably be more sympathetic.

this is the only point you’ve made that wasn’t completely moronic

I too am having difficulty finding pathos in the predicament of the permanently :> faced incontinent ouiaboo with a whole one prior chapter to his name

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I haven't cared much about any of this traitor bullshit since it came back up but Aoyama's line about wanting to just go off and die because he's afraid he'll just end up betraying them again anyway out of cowardice was pretty good

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Brandfarlig posted:

I can't get over how much his parents suck. It's like a middle class family getting indebted to Pablo Escobar so they can pay for a trip to Disney World or something. You can't really claim to be desperate. Yeah bullying sucks but the vast majority of people hardly use their quirks. Get the kid some therapy instead of a lethal debt.

Yeah, Aoyama's parents are outrageously bad. Especially with them apparently being wealthy, it really seems like they could have just bribed some official to write down a bullshit quirk on his forms. Something like "Capable of sensing the presence of cheese within 50 feet of his person," or "Able to telepathically communicate with cats, though not control them because obviously you can't tell a cat what to do." Just some poo poo nobody would be able to prove or disprove. Bam, now you have a quirk that's totally inconsequential to your life and nobody will ask questions about it. There's no reason to get a crime lord involved here.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

My impression is that his parent were more foolish than actively being bad people. They heard about a man who can perform miracles and bought into it without knowing who they were dealing with. I'm sure AfO made it all seem as innocent and harmless as possible to sucker them in and then put the shackles on as tight as he could.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Midoriya's mom probably would have done the same thing if she had the opportunity/money

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I had a solid chuckle at All Might's big dramatic statement of "we have to get these three into three distinct one on one fights"
sir this is a shonen fight mans manga I think we're aware of the process

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

rannum posted:

I had a solid chuckle at All Might's big dramatic statement of "we have to get these three into three distinct one on one fights"

Thankfully the school was rebuilt to facilitate this plan.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

rannum posted:

our only chance, is to follow the formula to the absolute letter!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
We know Todoroki's got to deal with his family issues and Deku's got dibs on Shigaraki, who's facing All For One?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Mraagvpeine posted:

We know Todoroki's got to deal with his family issues and Deku's got dibs on Shigaraki, who's facing All For One?

Mirko

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Oxxidation posted:

this is the only point you’ve made that wasn’t completely moronic

I too am having difficulty finding pathos in the predicament of the permanently :> faced incontinent ouiaboo with a whole one prior chapter to his name

Thanks, I aim to please.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

Bakugou

Prowler
May 24, 2004

At the very least, we can all be happy Bakugo didn't get turned evil* and we wind up with a Deku/Baku final battle or something.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

All Might with a bat

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

Deku will turn Shigaraki and Shigaraki will sacrifice himself to permanently kill All For One, obviously. :v:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Shigaraki turns good and defeats All for One by absorbing every quirk in existence. Then he ascends to a higher level of existence and goes off to create a manga setting of his own

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Mraagvpeine posted:

All of 1-A except Uraraka, who's fighting Toga, Todoroki, who's fighting Dabi with Endeavor, and Deku+Bakugo, who are fighting Shigaraki.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

christmas boots posted:

Shigaraki turns good and defeats All for One by absorbing every quirk in existence. Then he ascends to a higher level of existence and goes off to create a manga setting of his own

So, Charlotte then?

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Deku saves Shiggy, Shiggy dusts AfO, Shiggy is forgiven and takes Aoyama's spot in 1A, the lowest polling 1A member dies offscreen without comment, Toga is forgiven and takes that spot in 1A, series ends with a christmas episode, Hori cannot be reached for comment and retires to his scrooge mcduck money pit never to be seen again, it's 2070 and there's still someone arguing itt about speedscans and Bakugo

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Nonexistence posted:

Deku saves Shiggy, Shiggy dusts AfO, Shiggy is forgiven and takes Aoyama's spot in 1A, the lowest polling 1A member dies offscreen without comment, Toga is forgiven and takes that spot in 1A, series ends with a christmas episode, Hori cannot be reached for comment and retires to his scrooge mcduck money pit never to be seen again, it's 2070 and there's still someone arguing itt about speedscans and Bakugo

And Mineta rolls back around to being the actual best character in the series

Also don't forget the Mirko and Star spinoff series

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

The 3 main characters in Deku, Bakugou and Todoroki will get their own fight, against Dabi, Shigiraki and AFO, not sure how it'll pan out. Sure the other classmembers could do something but they haven't so far, so why start now? Maybe Deku's last quirk is the spirit bomb or something idk.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Crosspeice posted:

The 3 main characters in Deku, Bakugou and Todoroki will get their own fight, against Dabi, Shigiraki and AFO, not sure how it'll pan out. Sure the other classmembers could do something but they haven't so far, so why start now? Maybe Deku's last quirk is the spirit bomb or something idk.

I feel like Hori is gonna try team battles again and Team Ochako is gonna have to figure out which one of them is Toga.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I feel like Hori is gonna try team battles again and Team Ochako is gonna have to figure out which one of them is Toga.

"Which of you is most sus?"

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

christmas boots posted:

Midoriya's mom probably would have done the same thing if she had the opportunity/money

100% absolutely. She was just as devastated as Deku was at him being quirkless when she saw how crushed he was at not being able to become a hero, and if someone said "yeah I can give your kid a quirk if you'll do me a favor" she'd have done it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Official scans

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-340/chapter/23778?action=read

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1012633

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

We threw this meeting together in a hurry, but had some time to print these neato fridge magnets of the villains. Look how good I'm getting at drawing fire!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

oh jay posted:

We threw this meeting together in a hurry, but had some time to print these neato fridge magnets of the villains. Look how good I'm getting at drawing fire!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

oh jay posted:

He totally got Momo to make those for him last second.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rhonne posted:

He totally got Momo to make those for him last second.

All Might is absolutely the kind of guy to make magnets himself, just on the off chance they'll come in handy for presentations

Probably has a printer in the Mightymobile

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Vinylshadow posted:

All Might is absolutely the kind of guy to make magnets himself, just on the off chance they'll come in handy for presentations

Mightymobile? Did Hercules get destroyed, I don't remember

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Vinylshadow posted:

It's stored in the infinite space he stuffed the hamster into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Honestly, I am beginning to like the traitor subplot a bit. Like yeah, the buildup for it and the development of Aoyama sucked (or better said, neither of those things happened at all), but the manga is handling the fallout, both on the emotional side and on the plot side about as good as it could. Also Shinso joining in might be fan-service, but I still like that there seems some role planned for him in the final battle.