Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Gargamel Gibson posted:

What do you mean by "Obi-Wan Kenobi"? Stare at a jpeg of Ewan McGregor for 2 hours and 15 minutes?

If so, agreed.

An infinitely more enjoyable experience than rise of skywalker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

2house2fly posted:

A heretical watch list that says to watch episode 3 before episode 2
Oh yeah. I set out to create the most insane yet workable watch order I could, and even then I could never put 3 before 2.

Gargamel Gibson posted:

What do you mean by "Obi-Wan Kenobi"? Stare at a jpeg of Ewan McGregor for 2 hours and 15 minutes?

If so, agreed.
A watch order that incorporates Trainspotting 2 somewhere in there

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

gesundheit

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Schwarzwald posted:

Why watch the films in any order? The wiki has anything you'd want to know.
:confused:
Why watch any movies at all, when Wikipedia exists? :confused:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Schwarzwald posted:

Why watch the films in any order? The wiki has anything you'd want to know.
:confused:

So the watch order is hitting Random Article nine times and watching/reading/playing whatever the article's first appearance was?

Star Wars Galaxies
Thrawn
Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
Trespass (TCW Episode)
RotJ
ESB
Star Wars 15 (1977)
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Star Wars: Empire At War

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Vinylshadow posted:

So the watch order is hitting Random Article nine times and watching/reading/playing whatever the article's first appearance was?

Star Wars Galaxies
Thrawn
Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
Trespass (TCW Episode)
RotJ
ESB
Star Wars 15 (1977)
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Star Wars: Empire At War
You didn't edit this one? It has great symmetry. I suppose the cookbook would be to cook every meal, which would be fun. And then you get to see s01e15 of The Clone Wars animation wupwup!

A hot watch order might be the Mustafar trilogy:
Return of the Sith
Rogue One
The Rise of Skywalker

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

How about the 'remake the original Star Wars' trilogy

A New Hope 1997 special edition
Phantom Menace
Force Awakens

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Absolutely shameful that none of you consider Droids an essential

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

For shame if your viewing order doesn't include Prima Game's TIE Fighter The Official Strategy Guide which includes in strategy guide narrative. Gave 10 year old me tons of enjoyment while on the potty.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars is really funny nowadays since it's literally the first thing that they did with the Star Wars license and it shows. Also it's really good.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

A proper Star Wars watch order has to include The Men Who Stare at Goats, which is absolutely a Star Wars movie the best Star Wars movie.

Maybe put it between the prequels and the originals?

Prophet of Nixon fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jan 16, 2022

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
To think, John Williams' soundtracks score 10x more video essays on why feminism ruined Star Wars than Star Wars movies

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Official official watch order 66:

- Star Wars (Theatrical)
- The Empire Strikes Back (Theatrical)
- Return Of The Jedi (Theatrical)
- Dune (1984)
- Spaceballs
- Phantom Menace
- Attack Of The Clones
- Clone Wars (sans Siege of Mandalore)
- Revenge Of The Sith
- CW: Siege Of Mandalore
- The Bad Batch
- Obi-Wan Kenobi (if that drops this year)
- The Men Who Stare At Goats
- Solo
- Rebels
- Rogue One
- A New Hope (Special Edition)
- Empire Strikes Back (Special Edition)
- Return Of The Jedi (Special Edition)
- Battlefront II Operation Cinder cutscenes
- The Mandalorian
- Catch 22 (Hulu miniseries)
- The Force Awakens
- Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam (to get used to TLJ's anime military tactics)
- The Last Jedi
- read Dual Of The Fates screenplay
- Dune: Part One (2021)

Nightmare Cinema fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 16, 2022

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Hardware Wars
Star Wars
Star Wars Holiday Special
Empire Strikes Back
Spaceballs

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Eason the Fifth posted:

An infinitely more enjoyable experience than rise of skywalker

Guys, hear me out:

Rinse of Skywalker.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Hosnian is Coruscant confirmed.

https://twitter.com/pabl0hidalgo/status/1481688997571088385?s=20

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Pablo is lit

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Cheers to "BR"! Jeers to "LFL".

E: ohh Bad Robot and Lucasfilm

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Did anyone screenshot it? It's been deleted.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

cargohills posted:

Did anyone screenshot it? It's been deleted.

Basically BR wanted it blown up; LFL didn’t. Hosnian Prime was the unsatisfying middle ground. It happens.

— Pablo Hidalgo (@pabl0hidalgo) January 13, 2022

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Lol they made him delete the tweet?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Pablo hates bad robot lol

made a crack at star killer base because "someone at BR wanted a death star"

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Lol they made him delete the tweet?

No, he just doesn't like being linked to as a source so deletes posts that get too much traction as big scoops.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What did the the tweet say .

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

euphronius posted:

What did the the tweet say .

Bad Robot aka JJ Abrams wanted to blow up coruscant (likely as part of his FU to the prequels like eliminating all the politics that make the FO make sense and wanting to put jar jars skeleton in the movie) but Lucas film didn't want to so they created hosnian prime as a replacement.

what's jjs obsession with blowing poo poo up, he created a really cool original planet in TROS and I've just remembered that they had 1 of the sith eternal dong ISDs blow it up right after they revealed it lol

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Every alt right furry man is watching pablo like a hawk. Nonetheless he can't help but post. It's relatable but ultimately he and everyone else living should log off of twitter

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Jerkface posted:

Bad Robot aka JJ Abrams wanted to blow up coruscant (likely as part of his FU to the prequels like eliminating all the politics that make the FO make sense and wanting to put jar jars skeleton in the movie) but Lucas film didn't want to so they created hosnian prime as a replacement.

what's jjs obsession with blowing poo poo up, he created a really cool original planet in TROS and I've just remembered that they had 1 of the sith eternal dong ISDs blow it up right after they revealed it lol

JJA also blew up both Romulus and Vulcan in the '09 Star Trek. Maybe he just likes blowing up planets?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I doubt he has some kind of grudge against Star Wars iconography, blowing up a planet is just an easy way to communicate that the villains are super bad and strong

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

2house2fly posted:

I doubt he has some kind of grudge against Star Wars iconography, blowing up a planet is just an easy way to communicate that the villains are super bad and strong

I dunno blowing up the most important \ iconic prequel planet seems pointed. Glad LF did not let him do that tho, coruscant owns.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
We could have gotten more Coruscant in Duel of the Fates. And also a story.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Also given how the ST turned out imagine if they wasted coruscant and allowed it to be blown up removing it as a location from future mainline trilogy movies lol

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Jerkface posted:

I dunno blowing up the most important \ iconic prequel planet seems pointed. Glad LF did not let him do that tho, coruscant owns.

He killed Han too, was that also pointed?

Coruscant is good and blowing it up would have been far more interesting and less confusing than a random planet nobody has heard of or cares about.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Blowing up a planet that 80% of viewers will just assume was Coruscant but isn’t actually Coruscant is for sure the lamest course of action.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Doctor Spaceman posted:

He killed Han too, was that also pointed?

Coruscant is good and blowing it up would have been far more interesting and less confusing than a random planet nobody has heard of or cares about.

They shouldn't have blowed up any planet, and should not have had a death star or a ds that gets resolved in the same movie if they absolutely had to have one.

If the overall story of the ST ended up fine to good then it would have indeed been a misstep to use a made up planet.

However given the end result I don't think coruscant getting blown up makes anything in the ST more interesting. It's a waste narratively. I don't think Han being killed by his Son in an overall pretty good scene is a waste.

Han was one of the best parts in the ST even his cameo on TROS!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Starkiller basically exists only as a contrivance to shake up the galactic status quo, which is weird considering the writers had the luxury of a 30 year time jump and carte blanche to establish any status quo they liked at the start of the movie.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

How late in the movie is it even introduced, I don't think it even exists until it gets used

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

A lot of the pre-release marketing hype for The Force Awakens was based around how it wouldn't be like the Prequels, so I can see blowing up Coruscant as part of that.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

2house2fly posted:

How late in the movie is it even introduced, I don't think it even exists until it gets used

It’s introduced and resolved in the course of like 45 minutes. The First Order could’ve abducted Rey and taken her to a large new First Order Mall and the mainline Rey/Finn/Han/Kylo plot wouldn’t unfold any differently.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

cuntman.net posted:

same but for me i think its because im still burned out on star wars

i like how between this that the sequels and the kenobi show they have quadrupled down on tatooine being the most important planet in the galaxy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Roth posted:

A lot of the pre-release marketing hype for The Force Awakens was based around how it wouldn't be like the Prequels, so I can see blowing up Coruscant as part of that.

I distinctly remember either a video or an interview with JJ saying he really wanted to put Jar Jar’s rotted corpse in the sand somewhere.

Odd that the only good ST movie embraced the prequels and wasn’t scared of them, where’s JJ’s movies used memes.

Still wish we got Colin’s battle of coruscant