Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So after the Hell House in part 1 what's gonna be the out of left field really cool boss fight made from a random rear end bizarre encounter in part 2? The triceratops tank?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Frog Lock: The Revengeance

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
it owned so hard that they took some of the weird but memorable enemies from the original and made them bosses

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Ragequit posted:

Palmer getting smoked by a semi is going be be wild in the remake

Wasn't it just a delivery truck or a cube van or a small U-Haul or something?

Electromax
May 6, 2007
1v1 Cid vs Palmer boss fight on the Bronco like Indiana Jones, ends with Palmer getting diced by the propellers.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Elephant Ambush posted:

Also I forget: who was driving the truck

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Elephant Ambush posted:

I thought it was a full blown Shinra truck & trailer but it was decent sized in any case.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh this is perfect for this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MSQM7Cgv_k

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the only mod im interested in is one that replaces all the grunts with home improvement's tim the toolman taylor's grunts

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I want this for FFXV

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the only mod im interested in is one that replaces all the grunts with home improvement's tim the toolman taylor's grunts

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the only mod im interested in is one that replaces all the grunts dialogue with home improvement's tim the toolman taylor's grunts

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Calaveron posted:

So after the Hell House in part 1 what's gonna be the out of left field really cool boss fight made from a random rear end bizarre encounter in part 2? The triceratops tank?

idk but Carry Armor is definitely going to be a 20-minute multistage struggle with the halfway mark being a competitive crate pushing minigame

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Materia Keeper is going to be hell

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Midgar Zolom is going to be a full blown Monster Hunter boss.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Based on Airbuster, Proudclod is going to encompass one whole remake sequel.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Scalding Coffee posted:

Midgar Zolom is going to be a full blown Monster Hunter boss.

Barret had better load Cloud onto his gun arm and fling him at the snake like his arm was a crossbow. Like that Rinoa limit break where she loads the dog and launches him like a rocket

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Anyone have tips for the grandmaster Fort Condor fight in intergrade? bullshit rear end board and casts stop when the first outpost falls

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Shabadu posted:

Anyone have tips for the grandmaster Fort Condor fight in intergrade? bullshit rear end board and casts stop when the first outpost falls

Can't remember which board I used (Batallion 3 maybe?) but I pretty much just spawned a Helicopter and used that and materia (think I cast Regen on the Helicopter) to stall until I had Riot Trooper and Slug Ray factories going + deployed a few red units and sentry guns as necessary.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Oh god I forgot about the weird Warhammer-rear end tabletop mini game they put in the Intergrade.
I need to try out some of the more bonkers builds Chip Cheezum uses in his FF7r playthrough.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

That mod doesn’t fix the actual problem, which is how loud the sounds are.

They need to be about 1/4 the volume before they sound somewhat normal, and not like someone way too close to a microphone.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

That loving Sned posted:

That mod doesn’t fix the actual problem, which is how loud the sounds are.

They need to be about 1/4 the volume before they sound somewhat normal, and not like someone way too close to a microphone.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
how mad are people going to get that they'll be calling it Midgardsormr

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'll be more mad if they call Beta 'Inferno' or something

Also if there's no enemy skill materia and you can't nab it with some planning

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Blockhouse posted:

Honestly when I was a kid I figured it was a mistranslation but decided that Midgar Zolom makes more sense. Zolom a giant snake (not like there aren't weird names for existing animals in FF games), that lives in the swamps in the Midgar region.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

No Dignity posted:

I'll be more mad if they call Beta 'Inferno' or something

Also if there's no enemy skill materia and you can't nab it with some planning

The good news is there's already Enemy Skill materia.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Blockhouse posted:

i will be very mad... midgar zolom is a good name

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

The good news is there's already Enemy Skill materia.

... There was? Lmao I completely zoned out on that in my playthrough

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

No Dignity posted:

its not that good and you dont even get the really good enemy skills like bad breath until NG+

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Chillgamesh posted:

Can't remember which board I used (Batallion 3 maybe?) but I pretty much just spawned a Helicopter and used that and materia (think I cast Regen on the Helicopter) to stall until I had Riot Trooper and Slug Ray factories going + deployed a few red units and sentry guns as necessary.

Mine was something like this but basically what you do is take all 3 types of troop generator buildings and then once you can start building them in a corner on the opponent's side of the board you can just sweep through the tower into the main base pretty easily.

Use your materia powers defensively to take out the big threats to your main base.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

No Dignity posted:

I think there's only four skills for it. I never really bothered with it.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Early 3D FFs had a real issue with making decent blue mages, huh? Quina has some decent use but then they're followed up with Khimari.

E: Realized I forgot about Quistis somehow. Is she a good version of one? I know Shockwave Pulsar is sick at least.

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jan 22, 2022

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Quistis is fine. In normal play she probably has the worst or second worst limit break but she's really good in no-junction runs. Degenerator and Micro Missile have small niches even with junctions

WrightOfWay fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jan 22, 2022

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Mighty Guard owns so much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=858SBfoDbxc

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
enemy skill in the original final fantasy 7 owns

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Blue mage has a rich history of being bonkers broken to just ok to absolute garbage.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mustached Demon posted:

Blue mage has a rich history of being bonkers broken to just ok to absolute garbage.

I am hoping it's bonkers in Stranger of Paradise.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
is there anything pre point of no return in ff7r i should care about? i did all the quests

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I am hoping it's bonkers in Stranger of Paradise.

I believe the system where if you parry some attacks you can immediately hit them back with it is covering that niche.

That said the promotional material keeps going "who knows maybe there's some secret class hehe"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Relin posted:

is there anything pre point of no return in ff7r i should care about? i did all the quests

There’s a chapter select unlocked after you beat the game so you can always go back.