Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I bet they would let him wear it if he puts a lovely cloth mask over top. it's optics, they don't want people seeing a better mask and realizing they are in danger. if you hide it and maintain the masquarade I'm sure the suits won't care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Lovelyn posted:

so we have 3 pregnant nurses on the unit and one of them is having a BABY SHOWER AT WORK and it's going to be a POTLUCK and they got official CLEARANCE FROM LEADERSHIP TO DO THIS because potlucks are supposed to be banned because of you know

Hell yeah push that placenta to the limit!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Placenta crunch wrap appetisers

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Crunchy placenta? Sweet!

I'll have a double please.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

maybe it's a Catholic family and this is her best way to abort it

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Strangelet Wave posted:

daughter just got exposed in daycare yesterday, according to this email I just got. wish us luck. they’re not going to close the daycare. im taking time off to keep her home for ?? days until it’s safe (???) to send her back
loving hell, wishing you all the luck
i hope nothing comes of it and your family avoided the plague

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPDw0Wr-vO0

sadly he was only trolling about the grade thing

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Steve Yun posted:

OK, I have bomb proof respirator

my roommate is immunocompromised. I gave them a bomb proof respirator

I was about to have a talk with them about why their plan of having a “pod“ was risky, but then they came to that conclusion on their own before I talked to them

we are both work from home

no major family holidays in the near future

adopted a dog that my friend found on the street. got her vaccinated and spayed before the winter surge

come get me Covid you motherfucker

:siren: Roommate ended up having a severe allergic reaction to something he ate. :siren:

he is in the ER right now and they had to feed him something to get his blood sugar up

need some advice on quarantining

I have central air with a MERV13 filter. Should I keep that running? I’m aware that MERV13 is not perfect. Or would it be better to turn off the central air and have them leave their window open?

I am thinking of having both of us mask up in common areas for a week and then getting tested

what do you guys think

CPU Abuser
Oct 3, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 66 days!

Rah! posted:

weird how right wing terrorist attacks constantly get memory-holed :heritage:

Practice makes perfect,

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

My dick hurts, my placenta is crunchy, my brain don’t work good and I can’t smell poo poo. This is one hell of a cold.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Steve Yun posted:

:siren: Roommate ended up having a severe allergic reaction to something he ate. :siren:

he is in the ER right now and they had to feed him something to get his blood sugar up

I have central air with a MERV13 filter. Should I keep that running? I’m aware that MERV13 is not perfect. Or would it be better to turn off the central air and have them leave their window open?

I am thinking of having both of us mask up in common areas for a week and then getting tested

what do you guys think

hope they are doing okay :(

make some boxes https://cleanaircrew.org/box-fan-filters/

I'm not an expert but it seems logical to have one in their room and one in a common room, you could possibly put one in your room also but that might be excessive or cost prohibitive

both masking with kn95 or n95 would be good but you can't shower in those or brush your teeth or eat so it might be pointless? it seems masking as much as you can would be best

RAT if either of you show symptoms or them after 5 to 14 days, I'd suggest a PCR for them or maybe you too depending on logistics after 6 to 10 days but depending on backlog there it might take a really long time to get the results so...

hope nothing comes of it sending hugs

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Steve Yun posted:

what do you guys think

rip. you and your roommate are dead. please proceed to the infected thread where you can commiserate about your rapidly approaching death

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I mean thinking outside the box…

I can just shower with a mask on and wash my face/brush my teeth on the patio

Anything is preferable to losing 1.5 inches from my penis

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Hell yeah push that placenta to the limit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-3Yok5D3Aw

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
idk what central air is (not an American) but you should both mask up whenever possible. Should treat them as exposed until proven otherwise.

Consider setting up their room for negative pressure, and have a plan for filtering the air in a shared bathroom if you share one.

Everywhere else you can either be masked while you're in it, or you do it inside your own room (like eating).

Have them take a rapid test after 3-5 days, even without symptoms, but especially if they do, and then another one 72 hours after that.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/ctvwinnipeg/status/1484008770804105217?s=21

"The company fully supports these guidelines and therefore requires all employees to wear a Canada Post-supplied face covering, which is either a reusable cloth face covering or a disposable medical mask," the spokesperson said.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Steve Yun posted:

what do you guys think

Live in a hotel for 2 weeks (or more ideally have them quarantine in the hotel for 2 weeks so they don't shed all that failed vaccine dna in the apartment)

They went to a hospital ityool 2022, they have covid now.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

Steve Yun posted:

Start thinking inside the box, a Corsi-Rosenthal box that is. Make it goon sized and stay inside for a week

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
anyone got that chart handy of all the best air purifiers and their cost performance ratio against a corsi

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Asproigerosis posted:

Live in a hotel for 2 weeks (or more ideally have them quarantine in the hotel for 2 weeks so they don't shed all that failed vaccine dna in the apartment)

They went to a hospital ityool 2022, they have covid now.

got a dog, probably not feasible

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I'm just getting caught up from the past couple days. So Israel is saying that 4x Pfizer ain't no good either?

Lol

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
people I associate with are the first reinfections in my circle

the dude I know, his wife, their teen, their toddler, and the wife's mother who lives with them

they all had it like a year or so ago, got it again, they think it's from the teen's school and their evidence is the school shut down due to covid infections the end of last week

didn't send him any of the broke dick covid stories as I figure he's suffering enough

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Fly Molo posted:

what pathetic sore losers

death to america

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

with each new omi infection america grows stronger, because

Palladium fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Jan 20, 2022

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
amazon has been recommending emf meters to me and I thought it was because of ghosts but I don't think that's the reason anymore

https://twitter.com/humankind_of/status/1483946541782282241?s=20

people watching too many 90s science fiction movies thinking they got the black shakes

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

There was a guy wearing what appeared to be a black hockey mask at the store this evening. There was a time when that would have bothered me, but I just kind of glanced at it and went about buying beer. If anything I felt a little bad for him, he’s trying so hard to be edgy in such a stupid way when he could be looking like the apocalypse and not getting sick for like thirty bucks.

If anyone is on the fence about a respirator, get off of the fence. It rules to not have to worry about that kind of foolishness.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

facetoucher cat posted:

amazon has been recommending emf meters to me and I thought it was because of ghosts but I don't think that's the reason anymore

people watching too many 90s science fiction movies thinking they got the black shakes

All my amazon ads lately have been about industrial safety products and shelf stable foods

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Steve Yun posted:

Remember that whatever you come up with is going to be temporary. It’s okay to shower weird and brush your teeth outside for a week or two, I’d say that’s well worth keeping your dick how you want it. This is one of the rare covid scenarios where it’s actually okay and correct to say that you’ll be able to get back to normal after x amount of time has passed and y conditions are met. Given that, it’s a fun time for weird solutions.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Maybe my fav Aussie pandemic complaint yet

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

WrasslorMonkey posted:

"The company fully supports these guidelines and therefore requires all employees to wear a Canada Post-supplied face covering, which is either a reusable cloth face covering or a disposable medical mask," the spokesperson said.
Canada: forever "hold my beer"ing to it's bigger brother.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I worked for Canada Post as a carrier for less than a month. Worst employer I've ever seen, and I've seen some doozies.

They won't even give you a uniform until you pass probation, so you have to find scraps from lost and found to avoid scaring people as you walk into offices etc.

And probation takes forever because you have to start as a casual. I didn't get a call to do a shift until a month after I had finished training, and it was on a Friday evening.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
My boss kinda made a light joke about me wearing an N95 and otherwise let it be. So I guess I'll count it as a win compared to these other stories.

Even then he didn't deny they worked he was basically just like "someone's going heavy duty on us" or something to that effect.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Lotsa big anniversaries dropping today. Happy official 2nd anniversary of the covid pandemic in in the US! Onto the 3rd year!! :coronatoot:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_COVID-19_pandemic_in_the_United_States_(2020)

(Studies on blood samples taken back in Nov/December 2019 show that covid may have been circulating in the US even earlier than this but the Jan 20 guy is the earliest officially confirmed case)

I did like all the people that were like "I had a really bad cold in August so I must've had it then" back in early 2020.

simmyb
Sep 29, 2005

Just thinking back to the worst of the first big lockdown in Melbourne in 2020

lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

AppleNippleBOB posted:

I'm a bit late on this reply.

I didn't know your case use scenario, and it's certainly better than nothing. I agree w the other posters reommending kf94s in kids sizes, or even to (in a speech therapy session) just have the instructor wear a fitted n95.

I can see the issues with that, and it not being good for speech therapy sessions (either your child and instructor's mouths obstructed).

the faceshield/filter material tucked into a garment idea isn't bad. I don't think it would work as well as a kids mask for everyday use (running and playing and being a kid stuff). I can imagine it getting a decent seal in a single use setting like that, but all day shifting/moving about - I doubt it'll stay properly in place (or a teacher will fix its fit mid-day).

I'm not a parent, and I'm certainly not your kids parent. Do what you think is best for them. Like I said, your heart is in the right place. IDK what the best answer is here

The speech therapy kid is in a small group of kids, so N95s aren't an option (I mean, I could ask but the other kids can't wear them).

I may try it; at least for the 18mo it would be nice to take him to the zoo. He's recently started to tolerate hats, so maybe he wouldn't rip off his N95 hood.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/covidblogger/status/1484118929769381893?t=MfR923z346Sra-fQNmSeIg&s=19

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

facetoucher cat posted:

That's the black oil from X-Files.

Please come up with something original for once, anti-vaxxers.

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Chamale posted:

According to my three week lag model, Omicron is already killing more people than Delta, although killing fewer people as a percentage of cases. I predict a peak around 5,000 to 6,100 deaths.

In case the graph is unclear, the people who tested positive on December 29th are, on average, having their death reported today. So you can look at the upcoming curve for Omicron to get a sense of how many people are going to die in that wave.

But but omicron is less deadly than delta how can it kill more people that can't be right

What do you mean I'm bad at math

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

NYC probably peaked a few days ago or so and now I'm doing dumb guy math on when the hospital loads will be actively down so that I can time a dentist appointment for that like its the loving tides or some poo poo

gradenko_2000 posted:

idk what central air is (not an American) but you should both mask up whenever possible. Should treat them as exposed until proven otherwise.

Consider setting up their room for negative pressure, and have a plan for filtering the air in a shared bathroom if you share one.

Everywhere else you can either be masked while you're in it, or you do it inside your own room (like eating).

Have them take a rapid test after 3-5 days, even without symptoms, but especially if they do, and then another one 72 hours after that.

I should probably start setting up some of that stuff now, one of my roommates is a school teacher who gets passed around like 8 schools. She does get PCR'd like 8 times a week but that doesn't do much for me if she gets it b/c we don't have a positive pressure set up for the kitchen anyway.

"Central air" is when the air conditioning system for the unit is all connected and managed by a centralized console, as opposed to using window units.

https://old.reddit.com/r/nursing/comments/s7t1e2/my_36_year_old_patient_died_of_covid_in_the_er_he/htc6pz0/ posted:

I’m so tired of the self-righteous survivors who get covid and boast about how mild their cases were and the insert whatever high percentage here survivability rate. Yes, it’s great, I’m so grateful the majority of folks around the world will get this virus & come out fine, good for loving you. But that doesn’t make it less meaningful or gut-wrenching or upsetting for those of us who bear witness to the deaths and long-term adverse outcomes. If I were granted one magical wish, it would be for not even one other single soul to die because of this virus. Not even my worst enemy or most hated public figure. I mean that.

gently caress this disease and all it’s stolen from us. We will never be the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Maybe my fav Aussie pandemic complaint yet

blaming lovely coke on COVID, amazing