Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
If it's NFTs it's only going to be Triangle I read from now on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Every chapter this week is gonna be dedicated to the wonders of NFTs

NFTs are so amazing they frighten people, creating a NFT devil in Chainsaw Man part 2.

Chainsaw Man eats the NFT devil.

The world is saved.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Oh dear, please be something good and exciting.

Lol at those Twitter replies. The world may not be that bad after all.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

chiasaur11 posted:

NFTs are so amazing they frighten people, creating a NFT devil in Chainsaw Man part 2.

Chainsaw Man eats the NFT devil.

The world is saved.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I don't know what would be funnier, them just not having an announcement tomorrow, having them desperately come up with something else to announce when they realize how badly its going to end for them, or them actually announcing NFTs, and then freaking out when they realize they just lost a bunch of subscriptions.

The last possibility is most likely because companies never learn that NFTs are completely toxic to their brand.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I’m happy that the majority of the replies are people threatening to cancel their subscription if it’s NFTs.

bondster
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/shonenjump/status/1483570191237672961?s=21

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Every announcement from now on is going to append "Not NFT" to it.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

:laffo: Well I guess they’re not going to think of doing nft anytime soon.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
lmao

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they can't unveil their nft until we see that the one piece was an nft all along

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Manatee Cannon posted:

they can't unveil their nft until we see that the one piece was an nft all along

The real reason Roger was laughing.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

its actually NFTale

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Yeah, not quite ready to disengage the suspect eye on this one.

Just because it's not NFTs doesn't mean that it isn't going to be thunderously stupid.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Jan 19, 2022

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's a merch store

https://shonenjumpstore.com/

Surprised they didn't have one of these already.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

renji with the sickest t-shirt of a character i do not care about at all

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The real power move would've been selling the looks from the first OP or some of the chapter intro pages.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Just employ Tite Kubo to design clothes for the store instead of writing Bleach.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How far in advance do mangas advertise what their final chapter will be? Fire Force feels like the next chapter might be the last(also it would end on a clean 300) but there was announcement or anything.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RatHat posted:

How far in advance do mangas advertise what their final chapter will be? Fire Force feels like the next chapter might be the last(also it would end on a clean 300) but there was announcement or anything.

Chainsaw man announced that the final chapter would be 97 in chapter 96, and that was, if memory serves, an unusually close one. So, if the next chapter is the final one for a long runner, they'd probably announce it.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

It's a merch store

https://shonenjumpstore.com/

Surprised they didn't have one of these already.

I think the important bit is that it's US-based which would make shipping easier for a lot of people.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I don't care what anyone else thinks, Protect Me Shugomaru! had the absolute best chapter this week in Shonen Jump

holy poo poo i can't stop laughing

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Desperate Character posted:

I don't care what anyone else thinks, Protect Me Shugomaru! had the absolute best chapter this week in Shonen Jump

Where is it?

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

All the chapters are up on VIZ now

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

All the chapters are up on VIZ now

It turns out I couldn't find it because chapter 8 isn't on the app for some reason. Everything else is updated on the app though.

Edit: I have to login to actually read the chapter :psyduck:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's web-only because god forbid a child see some gags about a man shaped like a dick and balls

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

sorry i mean a mushroom

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The web only thing is so dumb, just put in the I'm over 18 thing already. Is it an app store thing?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The web only thing is so dumb, just put in the I'm over 18 thing already. Is it an app store thing?

I don't think they've officially said it is the reason but mostly likely.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It is.

New chapters up.

Is it my imagination or is this the first time Mash's said he'd straight up kill a dood?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Another really sweet Magu chapter. I kinda wonder if it's gonna do what I think it might do and literally just show the rest of Ruru's life, including her death.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

i haven't been keeping up with it but that was great. everyone loves mushroom jokes!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Fabricated posted:

Another really sweet Magu chapter. I kinda wonder if it's gonna do what I think it might do and literally just show the rest of Ruru's life, including her death.

I assume that it'll go from meeting Magu up to the present day, then she'll stick around to see how it turns out. I'm now wondering what the next major plot reveal will be, because this is explicitly the final Pillar, but are other lesser beings as well (and I guess they could introduce whole other pantheons of ascended beings).

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
Gotta say, I'm pleasantly surprised with Ayashimon.

I fully expected Urara's transformation to just be into an older, "more attractive" form, not a sick rear end six eyed devil wolf thing.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

FrozenPhoenix71 posted:

Gotta say, I'm pleasantly surprised with Ayashimon.

I fully expected Urara's transformation to just be into an older, "more attractive" form, not a sick rear end six eyed devil wolf thing.

Yeah I figured that'd be the case too and was also super happy with it. Ayashimon has a ton of potential still and I'm super excited for it's future

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I should get round to reading that, I haven't been making good use of my jump sub so I'm trying to catch up. I'm all caught up on Magu-chan and Sakamoto, what should I jump on next?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Ayakashi Triangle.

(Do not actually do this. I don't mind spending like, five minutes on the chapter each week, but it's a TERRIBLE manga. Full of potential, but squarely squandered. Avoid.)

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I should get round to reading that, I haven't been making good use of my jump sub so I'm trying to catch up. I'm all caught up on Magu-chan and Sakamoto, what should I jump on next?

What are you caught up on? Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, and Dandadan are the easy suggestions, but I've been enjoying Roboco more than I expected, and Blue Box has gorgeous art if you're up for a romance manga with some sports aspects.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Roboco didn't grab me, but I haven't read any of those others yet.

I read MHA and One Piece each week too, and I keep up with Boruto and DB Super for old times sake, but otherwise I'm looking for any ongoing series outside of Magu-chan and Sakamoto, as I'm caught up with those. I'll start with one of those though.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Undead Unlock has kind of a rough start but once it starts getting into the real plot it picks up.