Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I looked at new cancer diagnoses 2019-2021 for the state and there's no statistical difference from 2019-2021, the "T cells are destroyed, tripling cancer rate" guy is full of poo poo unless are troops are getting cancer from expired MREs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Spoondick posted:

i always took it as seeing 8000 new posts and saying "gently caress it" and going to last post

Because I am a sensible and considerate person, I usually skip to the next-to-last page in this scenario.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Teenage Riot posted:

McDonalds open 24 hours again and also brings back all day breakfast

all day breakfast sucks, they need to end the “no burgers before 11, EVER” policy instead

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I looked at new cancer diagnoses 2019-2021 for the state and there's no statistical difference from 2019-2021, the "T cells are destroyed, tripling cancer rate" guy is full of poo poo unless are troops are getting cancer from expired MREs.

i watched the cancer video testimony and assuming his data are accurate (lol), he's also blaming it on vaccination, i think, not roni

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

all day breakfast sucks

:mods:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mastershakeman posted:

Until the Delta wave hit the usa this fall, the USA was just below Italy and the UK in deaths per Capita and just above France and Spain. And it was only on the last month that the USA deaths passed Belgium's.
It now leads among all those countries but the USA is notably a country of sick and fat people with no health care, so even being in the ballpark of other rich euro countries is significant. Germany is the only real outlier that actually handled things differently

I do not know what other countries are doing but from my roommate, who's sister is in Germany, the authorities take masking very seriously.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

all day breakfast sucks, they need to end the “no burgers before 11, EVER” policy instead

egg mcmuffins no canadian bacon aren't the worst thing to eat on the go

Apr 7, 2003

Iron Crowned posted:

I do not know what other countries are doing but from my roommate, who's sister is in Germany, the authorities take masking very seriously.

Americans know that their lives are worthless and don't bother trying to preserve them in any way.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I had a sonic breakfast burrito a few months ago. That was lit.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Americans know that their lives are worthless and don't bother trying to preserve them in any way.

the only real freedom americans care about is the freedom to choose which restaurant they get their corn slurry from

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Whew!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Business Gorillas posted:

egg mcmuffins no canadian bacon aren't the worst thing to eat on the go

speaking of canadian mcds when i first moved here i ordered a biscuit since back home they're a huge menu item (used to order sausage gravy and biscuits from mcds for breakfast in college). the lady at the window was just like "uh..i don't think we make those? anymore?" (they've never had them here).

they do offer unpleasantly giant storebought-quality muffins tho

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

mycomancy posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM ZOONOTIC TRANSMISSION VECTORS INTO MY OPEN WOUNDS. ITS AN UNKNOWN SIMIAN VIRUS AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONG SIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, MICHELE FALLON. I WAS BEHIND THE TRUCK CARRYING THE MONKEYS. WHEN HE GOT OFF THE EXIT HE KEEP ON GOING AND TURNED TO GET ON BACK 80. AND THAT WHEN THE DUMP TRUCK HIT THE BACK OF THE TRAILER AND BOTH WENT DOWN INTO WHERE THE TREES WERE. I THOUGHT THE DEBRY ON THE ROAD CAME FROM THE DUMP TRUCK AT FIRST. SO I PULL OVER AND RUN TO CHECK ON THE DRIVER. I WAS WORRIED THAT THEY WERE HURT. THE DRIVER SAID I'M SORRY I DIDN'T SEE YOU. I TOLD HIM HE DIDN'T HIT ME. THAT I WAS BEHIND HIM AND I WAS WORRIED THAT PEOPLE WERE HURT. DRIVER ASKED ABOUT HIS TRAILER I SAID THAT THE BACK END WAS FINE BUT FROM WHERE I WAS I COULDN'T SEE THE FRONT OF IT. I THEN NOTICED SOMEONE LEGS BETWEEN THE FRONTS SEATS. I ASKED IF HE WAS OK L. HE SAID HIS LEG WAS HURT. I TOLD HIM TO STAY IN THE TRUCK UNTIL THE AMBULANCE CAME. I DIDN NOTICED THAT THEY HAD A WHITE SUN VISOR THAT COVERED THE PASSENGER SIDE WINDOWS THEN A RETIRED FIRE FIGHTER CAME DOWN TO HELP. SO .L WALK BACK UNTO THE ROAD. THE PERSON WHO WAS ON THE PHONE WITH 911, SAID HE SEEN A CAT RUN INTO THE WOODS AND THAT THERE CATS INSIDE THE CRATES. SO I WENT TO CHECK ON THE CATS. I PULLED BACK A GREEN CLOTH. I COULD SEE IT'S BROWN FUR. SO I SAID KITTY KITTY, I STUCK MY FINGER INSIDE TO PET IT. IT MADE LIKE A GRUNTING NOSE. SO I GOT A CLOSER LOOK. AND A MONKEY POPS UP AND HISSED AT MY FACE. AT THE POINT I TOLD THE GUY WHO WAS ON THE PHONE WITH 911. THAT THEY WERE NOT CATS MONKEYS. SO I WALKED AROUND TO CHECK ON THE MONKEYS. TO MAKE SURE THEY WERE OK AND NOT HURT. AND ALSO WALK INSIDE THE TRAILER BECAUSE THETE WERE CRATES INSIDE. BUT THE FLOOR BOARD WAS GIVING OUT AND THE GUY WHO CALLED 911 SAID THAT IT COULD ROLL BACK SO I GOT OUT. I THEN WALK AROUND MORE. I NOTICED THAT 1 CRATE WAS COMPLETELY BROKEN AND AND 1 WAS MISSING THE FRONT END OF IT. THE CRATE IS DIVIDED INTO 3 SECTIONS. IT HOLDS 3 MONKEYS EACH. EACH CRATE HAD 3 MONKEYS IN IT. THAT'S WHY I SAID 4 MONKEYS WERE MISSING. THE CRATES WERE TIP OVER. SO I HELPED TURN THEM OVER. I DID NOTICE THAT ONE CRATES WAS BROKEN ENOUGH THAT THE ONE MONKEY COULD STICK HIS HAND OUT. I WALKED OVER TO SEE IT. HE LOOKED VERY CURIOUS. HE WAS CUTE AND LOOKED SCARED. SO I WALK OVER TO SEE. I THEN TOLD THE POLICE THAT IT COULD POSSIBLY GET OUT. I ASKED IF THEY HAD ANYTHING TO HOLD IT TOGETHER MORE SO THE MONKEY WOULD NOT GET OUT. HE SAID HE DIDN'T. I EVEN ASKED ABOUT USING DUCT TAPE. THEN I SEEN THE DRIVER. I SHOULD IT TO HIM. THE DRIVER THEN TOLD ME THAT THE MONKEY WERE NOT QUARANTINE YET AND NOT TO TOUCH ANYTHING. AT THAT POINT I THOUGHT THEY WERE ZOO MONKEYS GOING FROM ONE ZOO TO ANOTHER. SO I WALKED AROUND. I GAVE MY INFO TO THE POLICE. THEN I FOUND OUT THERE WERE LAB TEST MONKEYS. THEN I WENT HOME. I CALLED MY AUNT TO TELL HER ABOUT IT. BECAUSE SHE LIVES BEHIND WERE THE MONKEYS RAN OFF TOO. BECAUSE SHE HAS A DOG. I DIDN'T WANT HER DOG TO GET ATTACKED. I THEN WENT TO A BIRTHDAY PARTY. WE ALL TALKED ABOUT THE MONKEYS. MY SISTER SAID. I ALWAYS WANTED A MONKEY YOU SHOULD HAVE TAKEN ONE FOR MY BIRTHDAY PRESENT. LATER THAT I NIGHT I WAS IN BED. WHEN MY AUNT GOOK CALLED AND SAID SHE RAN INTO WNEP AND SHE TOLD THEM ABOUT HOW I WAS THERE. SO SHE CALLED ME TO SEE IF I WOULD COME IN TO DO THE NEWS. I GOT UP AND RAN IN. DID THE NEWS AND CAME HOME. I THEN HEAR THAT THEY DON'T WANT ANYONE NEAR THE MONKEY. SO BECAUSE I DID TRY TO PET ONE, ONE HISSED IN MY FACE. I CALLED THE STATE POLICE TO ASK QUESTIONS. I WAS TOLD TO MEET CORPORAL SPADE NEAR THE CRASH SITE. I ASK IF HE CSN JUST CALL ME. THEY LADY SO NO THAT I HAD TO GO TO HIM. SO I WENT TO SEE HIM. BUT HE WAS NOT THERE ANOTHER OFFICER WAS. THERE WAS A WHITE CAR THERE. AND 3 PEOPLE GET OUT. I THOUGHT IT WAS PEOPLE THAT WERE HELPING WITH THE MONKEYS. BUT IT WAS THE NEWS PEOPLE. THE OFFICER SAID THAT SPADE WAS ON HIS WAY. SPADE AND A VET DOCTOR FROM THE CDC WAS WITH HIM. I TOLD HER ABOUT THE MONKEY HISSING IN MY FACE. I ALSO TOLD HER I HAD A CUT. SHE ASK IF THE MONKEY BIT OR SCRATCH ME. I SAID NO. I TOLD HER I WALK THROUGH THE POOP AND GOT IT ON ME. I ASKED IF I SHOULD THROW AWAY MY SHOE. BECAUSE OF THE POOP SHE SAID NO. JUST TO WASH THEM. SHE TOLD ME THAT I WOULD GET A CALL AND LETTER FROM CDC AND HEALTH DEPARTMENT. THE NEXT DAY I SPOKE WITH A LADY FROM THE CDC. THAT I WAS LOW RISK FOR EXPOSURE. AND WHAT SYMPTOMS TO LOOK FOR. AND BECAUSE THE SYMPTOMS ARE LIKE FLU SYMPTOMS AND BEING FLU SEASON. IF I GOT ANY TO SEE MY DOCTOR AND HAVE THEM RULE OUT COVID FIRST. IF THAT CAME BACK NEGATIVE. THAT THEY WILL DO FURTHER TEST. I TOLD HER MY FAMILY HAS BEEN SICK. BUT BECAUSE OF THE MONKEYS. WHEN I STARTED PINK EYE LIKE SYMPTOMS, RUNNY NOSE AND COUGH. MY TEMP WAS. 99.1. SO TO BE SAFE. I WENT TO GESINGER. I SHOULD THE DOCTOR MY LETTER AND TOLD HIM WHAT MY SYMPTOMS WERE. BECAUSE THE MONKEY DID HISS AT ME. AND THERE WAS MONKEY POOP. AND I HAD A OPEN CUT. WHERE I WAS NOT SURE WERE IT CAME FROM. THEY WANTED TO START RABBIES SHOTS AND MEDICATION. TO PREVENT ANYTHING FROM HAPPENing

Add this to the list of variations of the only funny FYAD post

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

euphronius posted:

it seems like that is a such a change in material conditions there would be some reaction

And yet you can see how they've effectively disguised making that happen as a populist agenda

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

At least we're right about one thing.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Breakfast starts at 4am sharp. Back when I got off work at 4am, they refused to sell me McNuggets because it was 4:06 in the morning. WTF? I've been working for 10 hours, I just want some goddamned McNuggets, I don't want a bacon egg and cheese biscuit.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Iron Crowned posted:

a person i work with had some german people in town for some work

just before the germans left, they asked: "i have sort of a strange request, can we all take our masks down, so we can see what we all look like?"

said person showed a picture on their phone while the other people all took their masks down, lol

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Thoguh posted:

lmao if every time you get COVID you have to make the same saving throw and having had a mild case the first time doesn't mean anything about how it'll go when you get re-infected.

https://twitter.com/fitterhappierAJ/status/1486332689418493954?s=20

I scanned the paper for my morning crack ping, and the adjusted ratio is lower - what was it adjusted for? Age and Sex. Sorry Dad/Grandpa, to the grinder you shall go!

Also this was mostly pre-vax and transition from OG to Alpha and then a little Delta. Anyways probably not fair to say it is the same but especially with a dozen more variants to go, only your respirator trust imo

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

External Organs posted:

I had a sonic breakfast burrito a few months ago. That was lit.

The one thing I miss about Kansas other than the strip clubs is there was a Sonic on every street corner.

Also Bionic Burger owned.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

in Covid Sim I started with 200 unvaccinated employees, 10 sick, Omicron variant.

By day 2 all 200 were infected

By day 3 all 200 were pro vaccine, but it was too late.

it be like that sometimes.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RealAlexRubi/status/1486337991463288832?s=20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao
why don’t people understand numbers

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

drat almost like multiple decades and billions of dollars of propaganda have conditioned us to accept this things, which are also on their face unacceptable

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it can’t possibly be 480,000 a year from smoking

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

smokers have been banned from smoking in most buildings and being drunk in public is a crime

Apr 7, 2003

The US spends billions and billions of dollars every year and millions of man-hours on reducing mortality from these causes and all three are lower from the covid-19 death toll in 2021. lol!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

x-posting from the Eurasia thread:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's in a country's own self interest to get all of their mercenaries killed rather than letting them come home. The last thing you want is a bunch of unscrupulous, combat hungry thrill seekers walking the streets.

The mercenaries themselves are enamored with the adventure too.

Emphasis mine.

You can see why how people are acting during the pandemic makes me feel like I’m losing my mind here eh?

I forgot to mention, when my GP wrote me a prescription and noted that I’m having trouble adjusting, he suggested that I think about signing on as a PMC or the FFL. lol maybe he knows something I don’t about this adjustment thing, he’s one of the doctors they refer combat arms veterans to here.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zegermans posted:

drat almost like multiple decades and billions of dollars of propaganda have conditioned us to accept this things, which are also on their face unacceptable

well I mean those are also chronic build up type disease

1% of people aren’t dying after smoking one cigarette or drinking one glass of wine which would be the covid equivalent

would wine be legal if 1 out of 100 glasses of wine killed you outright ?

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Havana syndrome

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

also lol at "i don't see why obese people aren't getting the same stigma unvaccinated people are getting!" when a major antivax argument is that the people that died from covid were fat and thus deserved to die because they were weak

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

You can look at heart disease, cancer deaths etc and extrapolate from them based on % of smokers in the US but smoking-related deaths have been going down for over twenty years now and obesity is set to overtake smoking as the primary cause of cancer in the next year or two.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s why the car accident comparison is so disingenuous

the apples to apples comparison would be to say what if every time you drive to school or to the store you have a 1% chance of dying

no one would drive !!

speng31b
May 8, 2010

euphronius posted:

Smoking related illness. Imagine if we had better numbers around "COVID related illness" or just look at excess deaths instead

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I just ordered a backup half-mask and 4 more sets of carts from DigiKey, I think it's going to be a birthday tradition to buy more filters for a few years.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

euphronius posted:

the apples to apples comparison would be to say what if every time you drive to school or to the store you have a 1% chance of dying

no one would drive !!

also we've spent like 100 years and billions of dollars doing whatever we can to make cars safer

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Frosted Flake posted:

x-posting from the Eurasia thread:

Emphasis mine.

You can see why how people are acting during the pandemic makes me feel like I’m losing my mind here eh?

I forgot to mention, when my GP wrote me a prescription and noted that I’m having trouble adjusting, he suggested that I think about signing on as a PMC or the FFL. lol maybe he knows something I don’t about this adjustment thing, he’s one of the doctors they refer combat arms veterans to here.

lmao that the canadian docs cure for veterans is to have them sign up to be soldiers of fortune in the congo or something hahahaha

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

no one would drive !!

That guy is taking deaths from causes that we expend massive resources to ameliorate and using those deaths to say that we shouldn't do anything at all about covid. It's an absurd argument on it's face and his ilk know it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

also we've spent like 100 years and billions of dollars doing whatever we can to make cars safer

and they have a utility !!

there is no utility to covid !!

ahhhhhhh

speng31b
May 8, 2010

If you think about it, it's pretty wild the amount we've invested into trying to normalize hurtling across the earth at insane speeds in a metal death box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ChinaDaily/status/1486267638405742593?s=20