Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

G-III posted:

Now THIS is podracing.

For a hot second I thought she DID have Anakin's pod racer until the cloth was completely removed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
She'd have Anakin's podracer after the Jawas lifted the engine off of Cobb's speeder

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Ron Howard seems like a nice guy and is a perfectly workmanlike director but man Bryce is on another level already, or at least particularly as it comes to Star Wars. Solo was entertaining but mostly forgettable but every one of her episodes has been classic Star Wars canon for me. give her a movie or a whole series, she rocks

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010
SO who is Djin off to visit on Tattoine before joining with Boba? Could we be seeing Cobb Vance again?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

tragedyjones posted:

SO who is Djin off to visit on Tattoine before joining with Boba? Could we be seeing Cobb Vance again?

he goes to Tatooine to meet with Amy Sedaris since she found a replacement Starship for him. Then at the end of the episode he's heading off to visit Groguand give him his beskar present before coming back to help Fett.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Secretly hoping Mando shows up to Boba Fett's palace with Grogu wearing his beskar chainmail shirt, lmao. Also Cal Kestis live-action when.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Some trivia that I don't think has been mentioned yet:

The new X-wing pilot was played by Max Lloyd-Jones, who was Luke's body double in Mando S2.

The ring space station already has a precedent in Star Wars- a station called Circumtore appeared in the Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy. It might be intended as the same one, but one of the aliens is credited as "Glavis Caskadag" - with Caskadag being the species, so it's likely a new place called Glavis. Kind of a shame - Circumtore was ruled by Hutts who wore full-body battle armor, which is kind of a funny parallel to the bucketheads these shows have been following..

During the test flight, Beggar's Canyon has the same geography as it did in Episode I, right down to the debris from the broken sign Anakin plows through in Episode 1 still being there 40 years later. Womp Rats also make their first live-action appearance.

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

he goes to Tatooine to meet with Amy Sedaris since she found a replacement Starship for him. Then at the end of the episode he's heading off to visit Groguand give him his beskar present before coming back to help Fett.

That seems like a hell of a thing to happen off-screen, which if it doesn't the BOBF mementum is crushed.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Mandrel posted:

Ron Howard seems like a nice guy and is a perfectly workmanlike director but man Bryce is on another level already, or at least particularly as it comes to Star Wars. Solo was entertaining but mostly forgettable but every one of her episodes has been classic Star Wars canon for me. give her a movie or a whole series, she rocks

Has she directed any movies before? IMDB says she's doing the Flight of the Navigator reboot. We'll see how that goes. Directing TV is pretty different from doing a movie. But yeah, all her episodes have been good.

tragedyjones posted:

That seems like a hell of a thing to happen off-screen, which if it doesn't the BOBF mementum is crushed.

That's probably going to be Mando S3E1

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
We interrupt your regularly scheduled Book of Boba Fett run to bring you Mandolorian season 3 episode 1. That episode rules and it didn't even have Boba Fett in it. The N1 is an awesome little ship but where's the room for all of Mando's stuff! The part I liked about the Razor Crest was all the room he had for his little armory, guess he's gonna be travelling light now. Guess he could put a small cache of stuff in the astrodroid compartment, but I wouldn't mind if he picked up a little droid companion in season 3 to fill in that space.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So looking up some stuff about Beggar's canyon I discovered that the character Warwick Davis plays in the Han Solo movie is the same character, Weazel, who he played in Episode 1 when he watches the Podrace with Watto.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
Beskar armor op plz nerf.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
well, it kinda sucks that this episode was part of the boba Fett show and not the first episode to mando s3... cuz it's way better than all the boba episodes lol

they should just have Bryce direct everything she's really good at it

how the gently caress are you supposed to transport bounties in a single seat Starfighter tho mando, you stupid

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
My only fear with the notion BDH as a full time show runner is that we got something similar in Doctor Who a while back with Steven Moffat. It turned out that writing/directing one excellent episode a season was a very different beast from showrunning, and the show suffered as a result.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

site posted:

how the gently caress are you supposed to transport bounties in a single seat Starfighter tho mando, you stupid

I'm sure this is something that gets addressed. In his season 3 journey he could end up with a bigger ship but he could hang on to the starfighter for when it's needed.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Given how well this episode tracks from the end of Mando S2 it really puts it into perspective just how little direction there has been to BOBF's present day segments. The flashback stuff has been fine on its own but the stuff in Mos Espa is just a procession of Fett walking into town, getting the run around from the problem of the day, and then a fakeout the next episode that "actually it was this person responsible!", and then put on repeat.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Darko posted:

How quickly people miss episode 7 and Finn. I'm thinking that's just specifically for that weapon since it's mentioned in Rebels too.

My defence is that TRoS was so catastrophically bad I've basically memory holed the entire ST, never to think of it again.

Mr. Funktastic posted:

We interrupt your regularly scheduled Book of Boba Fett run to bring you Mandolorian season 3 episode 1. That episode rules and it didn't even have Boba Fett in it. The N1 is an awesome little ship but where's the room for all of Mando's stuff! The part I liked about the Razor Crest was all the room he had for his little armory, guess he's gonna be travelling light now. Guess he could put a small cache of stuff in the astrodroid compartment, but I wouldn't mind if he picked up a little droid companion in season 3 to fill in that space.

Yeah, as lovely as the N1 is, it's got nee room for gently caress all. The only way he's bringing bounties in now is by filling the mech port with a stack of heads, which is perhaps just a tad grim.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
He’s got that bubble canopy right behind him, just stuff them all in there.

“I can’t take you in warm, I have to take you in cold because I just don’t have the space, I’m so sorry.”

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

PantsOptional posted:

My only fear with the notion BDH as a full time show runner is that we got something similar in Doctor Who a while back with Steven Moffat. It turned out that writing/directing one excellent episode a season was a very different beast from showrunning, and the show suffered as a result.

It's a big role but maybe with the correct support BDH could make a sweet series.

Also, Jon Favreau seems to be doing a lot with Star Wars, but Book of Boba hasn't been fantastic so far. Star Wars TV just doesn't have the overarching vision yet.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Mando is very clearly having a bad time if he's hacking people to bits.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Tezzeract posted:

It's a big role but maybe with the correct support BDH could make a sweet series.

Also, Jon Favreau seems to be doing a lot with Star Wars, but Book of Boba hasn't been fantastic so far. Star Wars TV just doesn't have the overarching vision yet.

I think it's because Star Wars is a very specific yet simple thing: Heroes on an adventure or quest and defeat the bad guys. Mando figured this out in the very first episode and it worked. Boba Fett does this in the flashback parts and it works there. The other parts of Boba Fett show isn't this and those parts suck.

They're more than welcome to try other things for this overarching vision and maybe they'll figure something out, but I'm doubtful.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

The lack of room in the N1 is probably a clue that he's not actually going to be doing much actual bounty hunting in the season to come. It's similar to Obi-Wan somehow being expected to bring Jango back to Coruscant for questioning in just his little fighter.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Robot Style posted:

The lack of room in the N1 is probably a clue that he's not actually going to be doing much actual bounty hunting in the season to come. It's similar to Obi-Wan somehow being expected to bring Jango back to Coruscant for questioning in just his little fighter.

Anything can happen and there's sure to be other stuff in there but we have a pretty good idea of the main story arc of S3.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

teagone posted:

Secretly hoping Mando shows up to Boba Fett's palace with Grogu wearing his beskar chainmail shirt, lmao. Also Cal Kestis live-action when.

Why stop there. Have Luke tag along since Mando/Grogy are helping a friend but failed to mention WHO the friend is

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Arc Hammer posted:

Mando is very clearly having a bad time if he's hacking people to bits.

Getting the chainmail for Grogu and testing the N1 seem like the only times he’s been genuinely happy in months.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I really want whatever other Mando episodes we get to have the 50 minute runtime. A lot of Mando episodes feel rushed with their shorter runs, give them time to breathe.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

site posted:

That little bubble pod can probably fit 3-4 whole heads in it :v:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
oh yeah also i kinda love the fact that they just straight up ripped off terminator for the destruction of mandalore flashback, because it looked good

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Do you think they let you take severed heads as hand luggage on commercial flights, or was Mando checking those too?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

site posted:

oh yeah also i kinda love the fact that they just straight up ripped off terminator for the destruction of mandalore flashback, because it looked good

Those K2SOs looked properly terrifying

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
I figure he is done with his bounty hunting days and moving onto the whole heir to the Mandalorian cult and dad to Grogu. Though, I think its too fast to for him to go messing around with Grogu already. He's be with Luke for what, maybe a year? We don't really know the timeline. Wouldn't that be just loving with his training to go visit him at the Jedi academy. I also hate for them to go back to Luke again. As much as I loved Luke in season 2, the effectiveness of Luke being in the show could get diluted quickly if they keep brining him back.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Getting the chainmail for Grogu and testing the N1 seem like the only times he’s been genuinely happy in months.

Did I miss something, or why is everyone so fixated on the armor being chainmail?

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
Well, the Armorer is shown making chain links. He's going to get his own mithril shirt it seems!

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

the N1 might be small enough that it would fit in say, a Razor Crest with a modified cargo bay

he should've kept Gideon's cruiser, it would've been perfect. though I guess its probably too much ship for one dude to man

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

TheBuilder posted:

Well, the Armorer is shown making chain links. He's going to get his own mithril shirt it seems!

Right. I was watching this during lunch break at work, and somehow my brain must've skipped that bit.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Mandrel posted:

the N1 might be small enough that it would fit in say, a Razor Crest with a modified cargo bay

he should've kept Gideon's cruiser, it would've been perfect. though I guess its probably too much ship for one dude to man

Also an Imperial remnant that would attract a A LOT of New Republic attention.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
You'd have to assume the New Republic commandeered it when they picked up Gideon. Wonder if Mando and the crew got compensated at all for delivering them a cruiser in mint condition.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

swickles posted:

Also an Imperial remnant that would attract a A LOT of New Republic attention.

He gets pulled over by the same cop twice in the same sector of space. Captain Carson would have a field day trying to figure out how Mando got himself an Arquitens Cruiser.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Arc Hammer posted:

He gets pulled over by the same cop twice in the same sector of space. Captain Carson would have a field day trying to figure out how Mando got himself an Arquitens Cruiser.

*Mando accidentally rear ends a starliner while trying to back up his humungous cruiser - WOOP WOOP sirens* "Sigh..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I like the touch of seeing a lazier New Republic that doesn't want to cause too much of a fuss

"Should we report this?"
"You WANT paperwork? 'Cause that's how you get paperwork."

No wonder the First Order got as large as it did