Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

well cuomo did have to act quickly since the 2020 election was already well underway so he needed to get his face on tv asap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

mein gott

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

empty whippet box posted:

eatin' good in the neighborhood!

also, 3,551 deaths in a single day!

yeah but they can do that. what else do they want?

is "normal" banning the server from having the mask too?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Waaah, why can't we return to normal? I know I can literally do whatever I want with no restrictions but why won't everyone be like meeee???

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

i hadn't seen this before, this is Art

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Lpzie posted:

doing my part so that we never return to normal

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Business Gorillas posted:

i just want one of these psychos to tell me what normal is

the proles dying quietly

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Can someone provide me an explainer for this joke pls? I recognize Dr. Weird ?but never watched ATH & that fucket Cuomo but I'm not too sure on the cliff face and what ties it all together.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Fly Molo posted:

^^^lol that cuomo declared victory, made a paper mache mountain, and sold a memoir during covid year 1. loving idiot.

hmmm interesting

hey mods, is this too big?

cuomo finally getting a small amount of just desserts has been one of the few bright spots of hellworld

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

kalensc posted:

Can someone provide me an explainer for this joke pls? I recognize Dr. Weird ?but never watched ATH & that fucket Cuomo but I'm not too sure on the cliff face and what ties it all together.

Dr. Weird generally introduces a strange/crappy scientific experiment which fails greatly. Thus, cloth masks suck and number go up.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I think they should have thanked everyone for the masks and shown all the masks in big boxes and then just not mentioned that obviously they were all getting chucked in the incinerator. I get people’s desire to do something to help. But also :chloe:

That's where the lib brain came in. All for a terrible PR op.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

the “:qq: give me normal! :qq:” ppl never gave a poo poo about covid to begin with and not even a million deaths has persuaded them covid isnt overblown

theyre very tired of pretending to give a poo poo

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

kalensc posted:

if u hear it in his extremely excited science voice it's hilarious

for me anyways

https://youtu.be/W36pKI6qNKo

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

holefoods posted:

Dr. Weird generally introduces a strange/crappy scientific experiment which fails greatly. Thus, cloth masks suck and number go up.

Okay cool thanks.

Is the cliff face a legit covid graph colored as a mountain face or is it just an image that fits the idea

Delta-Wye posted:

if u hear it in his extremely excited science voice it's hilarious

for me anyways

https://youtu.be/W36pKI6qNKo

Oh lol, didn't realize the still image of the Dr was from the same bit that was used in a bunch of covid jokes way earlier in these threads.

I should probably make a note to watch that series before the end begins in earnest.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jan 27, 2022

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the mountain was this bizarre and tasteless monument that andrew cuomo thought up during his covid victory tour in summer 2020 that apparently was modeled after a graph of the new york case numbers over time.

the big version is a photoshop that includes all the cases that happened after cuomo declared victory

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Atrocious Joe posted:

he's done nothing this wave, but also isn't getting blamed for anything. People in Illinois only hear about him when his team is contradicting some dumb poo poo from Lightfoot's administration.

I live here for better or worse he's winning again. Lightfoot makes an easy foil for him and he will keep using that to his advantage. No statement about him otherwise I agree with you.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Another team meeting ended today with my supervisor proudly stating (again) that since he has O- blood, he is probably immune to covid. Which is definitely a bioweapon released by China, in conjunction with American pharmaceutical companies, so they can make a profit and this is a 'test'.

He's also giving me a big raise so sure, whatever, it's a Chinese bioweapon, sounds good.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

is there literally anyone following excess death anymore lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

oh and the masks was another thing cuomo did where since there was a shortage of masks people were donating masks en masse and mailing them into the state to be distributed to healthcare workers and cuomo took a bunch and stapled them to a wall and showed it off at a press conference

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

the mountain was this bizarre and tasteless monument that andrew cuomo thought up during his covid victory tour in summer 2020 that apparently was modeled after a graph of the new york case numbers over time.

the big version is a photoshop that includes all the cases that happened after cuomo declared victory

Lmao no fuckin way, I knew he was an idiot for many reasons but I totally missed his science fair project. What a worthless cretin.

Original joke is fantastic, as are y'all who filled me in, ty.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
I miss entertaining morons like Cuomo and Trump. Biden and DeSantis are so goddamn boring.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I just don’t understand how me not going to a restaurant is a problem for these people.

We live in an atomized liberal society, they feel no social bonds towards me, they sure as poo poo don’t feel obligations, and the same goes for bonds of countrymen or coreligionists. We’re just little consumers in the marketplace, right?

So, my not going back to normal shouldn’t really even be on their radar, as long as they can act “normal” right?

What gives?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

how many Americans died today of Covid oh is that all

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00104-8

As of the end of 2021

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

can’t believe china would lie about their deaths like this

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

I just don’t understand how me not going to a restaurant is a problem for these people.

We live in an atomized liberal society, they feel no social bonds towards me, they sure as poo poo don’t feel obligations, and the same goes for bonds of countrymen or coreligionists. We’re just little consumers in the marketplace, right?

So, my not going back to normal shouldn’t really even be on their radar, as long as they can act “normal” right?

What gives?

it's the same reason all the same people were incredibly mad that bernie voters still didnt like hillary or biden after they got exactly what they wanted there and rigged the primaries to beat him

huhwhat
Apr 22, 2010

by sebmojo

PerniciousKnid posted:

Anybody have thoughts on air purifiers? I was thinking about making a Cube, but started thinking I want something more long term so maybe I don't want to rebuy and retape all the filters twice a year.

like the auras, kn95s and kf94s, the public haven't quite turned onto air purifiers yet so you might still snipe a deal, i got my honeywell hpa300 for $200 last cyber monday. go for popular models imho so you can get replacement filters and parts easily what with all the supply chain breakdowns. part of the reason i got hpa300 was all the 3rd party sellers offering off-brand replacement filters on amazon (whether u trust those filters to be real or fake is a separate issue). pay more for a quieter unit if u can, my hpa300 is annoyingly loud at anything higher than the lowest fan speed and ive only grown accustomed to it bcos i bought an even louder 20 inch floor fan (while asleep, i could still hear a call coming through on vibrate with the air purifier at a notch below max, now i can't with the floor fan running 24/7)

prefilters are important if ur a dirty goon like me. even the hard plastic grille/casing holding the prefilter and hepa filter in doubles as a pre-prefilter. i wipe down the grille every 2 weeks or so and i get tiny balls of lint everytime. i have also cut my hair about 2ft away from the filter (can't cut anywhere else, thats the only non-movable full length mirror in my apartment) and i noticed my hair gently floating down then getting stuck on the grille of the purifier.

as for the odor reducing capabilities of activated carbon/charcoal prefilters, i can only speak for hpa300's replaceable prefilter which uses carbon substrate bonded onto some plastic sponge (which i read is better than washable prefilters since every wash degrades the odor killing ability) and my experience is that it does decently against cooking odors/oil vapors. before i got my hpa300, i have on a few occassions air dried my clothes 3-4 hours after cooking and would always get a very faint hint of oily food smell (not evident at first since detergent smells overpower it). theres a very very thin film of oil on everything in my apartment that attracts dust even when its the furthest possible spot from the kitchen. with my air purifier running at ~max~ while cooking and for 1 hour post cooking, that's no longer an issue. however food smell remains an issue, with the severity greatly reduced, if i dont run the purifier at ~max~ for the specified amount of time (i handwash and airdry my clothes cuz the washer and dryer in my building has been broken for more than a year and my landlord has refused to return from -redacted european country- to fix them or pay someone to fix them and gently caress going to a laundromat in the dead of winter)

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Gio posted:

the “:qq: give me normal! :qq:” ppl never gave a poo poo about covid to begin with and not even a million deaths has persuaded them covid isnt overblown

theyre very tired of pretending to give a poo poo

That’s some of them but there are plenty of the “:qq: give me normal! :qq:” people who are terrified of covid and can’t process their terror so “normal” has become a kind of magical thinking where if they could just make things go back to normal covid would go away and take the fear and the endless complexities with it.

Shear Modulus posted:

oh and the masks was another thing cuomo did where since there was a shortage of masks people were donating crocheted pot holders en masse and mailing them into the state to be distributed to healthcare workers and cuomo took a bunch and stapled them to a wall and showed it off at a press conference

ftfy

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
Re: Regeneron and Florida, we all said this would happen months ago. Desantis and his idiot COVID denialist and anti-vaxx surgeon general chose to go the easy path vs any kind of public health education and measures. Well now they’re hosed and they know it, eventually those companies making monoclonal antibodies will sue him and the state to shut up or privately tell him he made his bed and has to lay in it. They’ve already publicly came out and said our poo poo doesn’t work and as omicron 2.0 starts ramping up they’ll be even more hosed.

:shrug: I don’t care anymore

huhwhat
Apr 22, 2010

by sebmojo

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

this is only real when it's pumped through one of those misting systems and put in my building's entrance vestibule

antivaxxers having to choose between wearing an effective mask or getting forcefully vaccinated through their unguarded nasal passages, hmmm tough choice

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Frosted Flake posted:

What gives?

They use you to feel normal. You are part of their consumer experience.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

incredible

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Shear Modulus posted:

it's the same reason all the same people were incredibly mad that bernie voters still didnt like hillary or biden after they got exactly what they wanted there and rigged the primaries to beat him

Which is another thing that drives me crazy and I don’t understand lol.

I know Christman has alluded to it, but you’d think they’d enjoy Triumphalism more.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Glumwheels posted:

Re: Regeneron and Florida, we all said this would happen months ago. Desantis and his idiot COVID denialist and anti-vaxx surgeon general chose to go the easy path vs any kind of public health education and measures. Well now they’re hosed and they know it, eventually those companies making monoclonal antibodies will sue him and the state to shut up or privately tell him he made his bed and has to lay in it. They’ve already publicly came out and said our poo poo doesn’t work and as omicron 2.0 starts ramping up they’ll be even more hosed.

:shrug: I don’t care anymore

he'll say that regeneron still works but the liberals at the fda lied and said it doesn't work anymore and took it away because it worked TOO good so they needed to take it away to force people to get the vaccine

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Here's a very detailed set of instructions and diagrams on how to create an isolated room, from some HVAC engineers, with different layouts

http://www.healthyheating.com/2021.COVID.Residential.Isolation.Rooms/2021.Residential.Isolation.Room.htm

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Aug 29, 2012

mycomancy posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM ZOONOTIC TRANSMISSION VECTORS INTO MY OPEN WOUNDS. ITS AN UNKNOWN SIMIAN VIRUS AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONG SIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, MICHELE FALLON. I WAS BEHIND THE TRUCK CARRYING THE MONKEYS. WHEN HE GOT OFF THE EXIT HE KEEP ON GOING AND TURNED TO GET ON BACK 80. AND THAT WHEN THE DUMP TRUCK HIT THE BACK OF THE TRAILER AND BOTH WENT DOWN INTO WHERE THE TREES WERE. I THOUGHT THE DEBRY ON THE ROAD CAME FROM THE DUMP TRUCK AT FIRST. SO I PULL OVER AND RUN TO CHECK ON THE DRIVER. I WAS WORRIED THAT THEY WERE HURT. THE DRIVER SAID I'M SORRY I DIDN'T SEE YOU. I TOLD HIM HE DIDN'T HIT ME. THAT I WAS BEHIND HIM AND I WAS WORRIED THAT PEOPLE WERE HURT. DRIVER ASKED ABOUT HIS TRAILER I SAID THAT THE BACK END WAS FINE BUT FROM WHERE I WAS I COULDN'T SEE THE FRONT OF IT. I THEN NOTICED SOMEONE LEGS BETWEEN THE FRONTS SEATS. I ASKED IF HE WAS OK L. HE SAID HIS LEG WAS HURT. I TOLD HIM TO STAY IN THE TRUCK UNTIL THE AMBULANCE CAME. I DIDN NOTICED THAT THEY HAD A WHITE SUN VISOR THAT COVERED THE PASSENGER SIDE WINDOWS THEN A RETIRED FIRE FIGHTER CAME DOWN TO HELP. SO .L WALK BACK UNTO THE ROAD. THE PERSON WHO WAS ON THE PHONE WITH 911, SAID HE SEEN A CAT RUN INTO THE WOODS AND THAT THERE CATS INSIDE THE CRATES. SO I WENT TO CHECK ON THE CATS. I PULLED BACK A GREEN CLOTH. I COULD SEE IT'S BROWN FUR. SO I SAID KITTY KITTY, I STUCK MY FINGER INSIDE TO PET IT. IT MADE LIKE A GRUNTING NOSE. SO I GOT A CLOSER LOOK. AND A MONKEY POPS UP AND HISSED AT MY FACE. AT THE POINT I TOLD THE GUY WHO WAS ON THE PHONE WITH 911. THAT THEY WERE NOT CATS MONKEYS. SO I WALKED AROUND TO CHECK ON THE MONKEYS. TO MAKE SURE THEY WERE OK AND NOT HURT. AND ALSO WALK INSIDE THE TRAILER BECAUSE THETE WERE CRATES INSIDE. BUT THE FLOOR BOARD WAS GIVING OUT AND THE GUY WHO CALLED 911 SAID THAT IT COULD ROLL BACK SO I GOT OUT. I THEN WALK AROUND MORE. I NOTICED THAT 1 CRATE WAS COMPLETELY BROKEN AND AND 1 WAS MISSING THE FRONT END OF IT. THE CRATE IS DIVIDED INTO 3 SECTIONS. IT HOLDS 3 MONKEYS EACH. EACH CRATE HAD 3 MONKEYS IN IT. THAT'S WHY I SAID 4 MONKEYS WERE MISSING. THE CRATES WERE TIP OVER. SO I HELPED TURN THEM OVER. I DID NOTICE THAT ONE CRATES WAS BROKEN ENOUGH THAT THE ONE MONKEY COULD STICK HIS HAND OUT. I WALKED OVER TO SEE IT. HE LOOKED VERY CURIOUS. HE WAS CUTE AND LOOKED SCARED. SO I WALK OVER TO SEE. I THEN TOLD THE POLICE THAT IT COULD POSSIBLY GET OUT. I ASKED IF THEY HAD ANYTHING TO HOLD IT TOGETHER MORE SO THE MONKEY WOULD NOT GET OUT. HE SAID HE DIDN'T. I EVEN ASKED ABOUT USING DUCT TAPE. THEN I SEEN THE DRIVER. I SHOULD IT TO HIM. THE DRIVER THEN TOLD ME THAT THE MONKEY WERE NOT QUARANTINE YET AND NOT TO TOUCH ANYTHING. AT THAT POINT I THOUGHT THEY WERE ZOO MONKEYS GOING FROM ONE ZOO TO ANOTHER. SO I WALKED AROUND. I GAVE MY INFO TO THE POLICE. THEN I FOUND OUT THERE WERE LAB TEST MONKEYS. THEN I WENT HOME. I CALLED MY AUNT TO TELL HER ABOUT IT. BECAUSE SHE LIVES BEHIND WERE THE MONKEYS RAN OFF TOO. BECAUSE SHE HAS A DOG. I DIDN'T WANT HER DOG TO GET ATTACKED. I THEN WENT TO A BIRTHDAY PARTY. WE ALL TALKED ABOUT THE MONKEYS. MY SISTER SAID. I ALWAYS WANTED A MONKEY YOU SHOULD HAVE TAKEN ONE FOR MY BIRTHDAY PRESENT. LATER THAT I NIGHT I WAS IN BED. WHEN MY AUNT GOOK CALLED AND SAID SHE RAN INTO WNEP AND SHE TOLD THEM ABOUT HOW I WAS THERE. SO SHE CALLED ME TO SEE IF I WOULD COME IN TO DO THE NEWS. I GOT UP AND RAN IN. DID THE NEWS AND CAME HOME. I THEN HEAR THAT THEY DON'T WANT ANYONE NEAR THE MONKEY. SO BECAUSE I DID TRY TO PET ONE, ONE HISSED IN MY FACE. I CALLED THE STATE POLICE TO ASK QUESTIONS. I WAS TOLD TO MEET CORPORAL SPADE NEAR THE CRASH SITE. I ASK IF HE CSN JUST CALL ME. THEY LADY SO NO THAT I HAD TO GO TO HIM. SO I WENT TO SEE HIM. BUT HE WAS NOT THERE ANOTHER OFFICER WAS. THERE WAS A WHITE CAR THERE. AND 3 PEOPLE GET OUT. I THOUGHT IT WAS PEOPLE THAT WERE HELPING WITH THE MONKEYS. BUT IT WAS THE NEWS PEOPLE. THE OFFICER SAID THAT SPADE WAS ON HIS WAY. SPADE AND A VET DOCTOR FROM THE CDC WAS WITH HIM. I TOLD HER ABOUT THE MONKEY HISSING IN MY FACE. I ALSO TOLD HER I HAD A CUT. SHE ASK IF THE MONKEY BIT OR SCRATCH ME. I SAID NO. I TOLD HER I WALK THROUGH THE POOP AND GOT IT ON ME. I ASKED IF I SHOULD THROW AWAY MY SHOE. BECAUSE OF THE POOP SHE SAID NO. JUST TO WASH THEM. SHE TOLD ME THAT I WOULD GET A CALL AND LETTER FROM CDC AND HEALTH DEPARTMENT. THE NEXT DAY I SPOKE WITH A LADY FROM THE CDC. THAT I WAS LOW RISK FOR EXPOSURE. AND WHAT SYMPTOMS TO LOOK FOR. AND BECAUSE THE SYMPTOMS ARE LIKE FLU SYMPTOMS AND BEING FLU SEASON. IF I GOT ANY TO SEE MY DOCTOR AND HAVE THEM RULE OUT COVID FIRST. IF THAT CAME BACK NEGATIVE. THAT THEY WILL DO FURTHER TEST. I TOLD HER MY FAMILY HAS BEEN SICK. BUT BECAUSE OF THE MONKEYS. WHEN I STARTED PINK EYE LIKE SYMPTOMS, RUNNY NOSE AND COUGH. MY TEMP WAS. 99.1. SO TO BE SAFE. I WENT TO GESINGER. I SHOULD THE DOCTOR MY LETTER AND TOLD HIM WHAT MY SYMPTOMS WERE. BECAUSE THE MONKEY DID HISS AT ME. AND THERE WAS MONKEY POOP. AND I HAD A OPEN CUT. WHERE I WAS NOT SURE WERE IT CAME FROM. THEY WANTED TO START RABBIES SHOTS AND MEDICATION. TO PREVENT ANYTHING FROM HAPPENing

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Trixie Hardcore posted:

That’s some of them but there are plenty of the “:qq: give me normal! :qq:” people who are terrified of covid and can’t process their terror so “normal” has become a kind of magical thinking where if they could just make things go back to normal covid would go away and take the fear and the endless complexities with it.

ftfy

I think the case of dumb libs on Twitter it's also a lot of hand wringing about oh if we just let it be "normal" everyone would love our boi Biden so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Strep Vote posted:

They use you to feel normal. You are part of their consumer experience.

Isn’t the point of Triumphalism that they don’t even need to consider me? They won, History is Over, they dictate the consensus, I have no cultural, political or economic power, so… what the gently caress are they looking to me for?

How you can be Triumphalist and insecure?