Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
We're you serious wearing it out with them just stuck in place not rotated?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

filters won't attach any other way other than I had them. working as designed.

Amazing. The CDC was right all along.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Trixie Hardcore posted:

POV: you’re Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud’s genitals

lense assembly is too big

Apr 7, 2003

Throatwarbler posted:

efflicacy is the same the way I had them vs. how they are now

working as intended

Apr 7, 2003

jesus gently caress this mask + P100s are easier to breath in than an n95

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

I’m sorry you’re having such a fuckin real one today, Lacrosse :glomp:

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Throatwarbler posted:

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

efflicacy is the same the way I had them vs. how they are now

working as intended

Jesus Christ put this in the OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTBgIObKP9E&t=68s

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I didn't, I haven't worn this poo poo out at all.

It's so much better than an N95 just trying it on that I will.

Also "lmao you had your cartridges on unfashionably" is some real dumb poo poo.

I'd be less worried about a PPE fashion faux pas than I would be that the gaskets didn't make a totally 100% good seal in that position, since on each side there's 3 good positions for them to mount and 2 of them are weird + diagonal

Apr 7, 2003

What's the usable life on 3m 7093 cartridges?

Apr 7, 2003

The design is hosed if you can assemble it in a non-optimal fashion.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

you know I always knew for certain I'd end up being a quartermaster for a dystopian commune but I didn't expect the transition to be so smooth and natural

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

this is another advantage of the secure click, it's fairly idiot proof

you know when you have the filters in right, because they click when they're secure....hey, wait a minute!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

until you can no longer breathe through them, so months or more

Apr 7, 2003

DoombatINC posted:

you know I always knew for certain I'd end up being a quartermaster for a dystopian commune but I didn't expect the transition to be so smooth and natural

This is so much better than an N95 and I don't have to gently caress with the nose wire

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

I’ll let you know when I hit it

Apr 7, 2003

For real, though, is there an efficacy difference between the way I had the filters in the first pic vs swept back?

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Lacrosse posted:

just let everyone take off their masks and poo poo all their intestines out with ivermectin and drink all their piss I don't give a gently caress

the faster these brunchers become permanently crippled by long covid the faster I don't have to listen to them whine anymore. It's a free country and we should let all these goddamn idiots live their lovely loving lives for however long or short that may be. Let these people get their cheeseburger lungs because they needed to watch spooderman in the theater, let them never be able to walk up a flight of stairs without an oxygen tank because they needed to have their Applebee's, let them stroke out on the shitter because they needed to spend 10 hours in line at Disney for a stupid goddamn popcorn bucket. Accelerationism is the way; the faster this gets worse the faster it gets better. We should be thanking all these European countries for dropping all their precautions, now we get to see omicron's TRUE power

I know this sounds cold and I'm sorry for all the immunocompromised people who are suffering right now, I'm one of them so I know how it feels, but if this is the way it's going to be then I'm going to revel in the destruction of this lovely world I've been forced to live in. Bring it on so that the future maybe has a chance at being better because the status quo will never change until it burns the gently caress down

I'm ready to watch this world end. We don't need no water, let the mother fucker burn.

BURN MOTHERFUCKER

You might say I'm "over it".

Still feel bad about the many immune compromised people and kids that will die though.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

The design is hosed if you can assemble it in a non-optimal fashion.

Lmao you just didn't turn it!

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

For real, though, is there an efficacy difference between the way I had the filters in the first pic vs swept back?

Doubt anyone has measured anything so stupid.

Apr 7, 2003

Source4Leko posted:

Lmao you just didn't turn it!

I turned it clockwise and it hit a bumper, I'm dumb but not totally dumb

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

They weren't sealed properly in the forward position.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/CTVToronto/status/1486821280586387469?s=20&t=_Wa5-89xQHrRfUebFbNvNw
https://twitter.com/CatoInstitute/status/1486132797785976832?s=20&t=_Wa5-89xQHrRfUebFbNvNw

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I loving hate ambiguous bayonet mounts

They’re keyed. You shouldn’t be able to put them on cockeyed at all. One of he three wings of the respirator’s mounts, facing roughly wearer-forward whether it’s the left or the right mount, is smaller than the others.

There is a corresponding smaller opening on the cartridges. If you look at the rear of them with the mounting circle up, it’s the wing at the ten o’clock position.

Apr 7, 2003

Or maybe I am actually dumb, who gives a gently caress, my error was corrected so why should I give a poo poo, thanks guys.

Apr 7, 2003

Platystemon posted:

They’re keyed. You shouldn’t be able to put them on cockeyed at all. One of he three wings of the respirator’s mounts, facing roughly wearer-forward whether it’s the left or the right mount, is smaller than the others.

There is a corresponding smaller opening on the cartridges. If you look at the rear of them with the mounting circle up, it’s the wing at the ten o’clock position.

I actually am dumb lmao. Thank you.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I'm pretty sure you can lock the carts in in that orientation, but not totally sure. And yeah elastomerics poo poo on everything else for extended periods of time. You'll feel naked with most paper masks now.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Find some fit test spray and see

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

i mean a seal is a seal is a seal and if it held it held, but they really only "lock" in three specific positions so a bump or nudge could have compromised a cartridge - and if they're hanging a collarbone level there's a higher likelihood of that happening

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

For healthcare purposes, “the duration of the epidemic”, or when they become difficult to breathe through, whichever is first.

Apr 7, 2003

That's why this thread owns, even if you're dumb as gently caress there are fifty dudes who will help you out.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Suddenly seems a whole lot less paranoid than it did four months ago.

wearing your 7093s down is the new backwards cap

Apr 7, 2003

Steve Yun posted:

we covered and fixed this fuckup already

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Asproigerosis posted:

Yeah most of the antivaxxer sentiment I see is contrarian bullshit and it's impossible to shame them because it has nothing to do with the vaxx and everything to do with defying the radical left democrat antifa communists.

Reminds me of a recent patient I had. Came in for RLQ pain, turns out it was his appendix! He refuses surgery because he doesn't trust doctors (not sure why he came in), refused a covid swab because he didn't want his personal information sent to Biden who would then use it for experiments.

Then his appendix ruptures, and it's even more of a medical emergency. We need to get him to surgery to get his appendix out, and all surgeries require a covid swab. He declines repeatedly. We finally manage to get the test waived (we'd just presume positive and treat him as such), and he still declines. He agrees to antibiotics, even though he's "allergic to all of them." Then declines antibiotics. He still refuses surgery. Then agrees to surgery if it can wait till Monday.

Anyway he coded a couple times and sustained anoxic brain damage, is now septic and on a vent (and confirmed covid positive!)

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

jesus gently caress this mask + P100s are easier to breath in than an n95

everyone should have been shipped a half mask...use it for apocalypse wildfires too!

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

That's why this thread owns, even if you're dumb as gently caress there are fifty dudes who will help you out.

This thread is the best source of reliable covid info on the internet.

What a time to be alive.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Platystemon posted:

For healthcare purposes, “the duration of the epidemic”, or when they become difficult to breathe through, whichever is first.

I use p100s at work for working with grinding metals and change them when they become visibility dirty. It takes a long loving time. Hours in visibility dusty environments. Idk about the virus specifically but those filters take a long time to actually clog up from environmental poo poo.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

trendy poo poo is dumb. like sagging pants, ur whole rear end is showing

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

*flips chair backwards and sits down*

*flips back cap*

*flips filter carts to down*