Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Doctor posted:

woke up feeling a little bit off this morning and it isn't going away, dun dun dunnnnnnnn

Yeah me too since about January 2016. Weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

guess I’m glad I didn’t get rid of my Neil vinyl and CDs in my most recent purge, especially my rare Neils

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

god damnit

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

amazing

kater
Nov 16, 2010

tempted to go wander the streets from Walgreens to cvs collecting masks

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Lacrosse posted:

I wouldn't drive on it either, but the people of West Seattle have to stop being afraid and just Live Their Lives

Lmao

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1487034000900251651lmao thank you white house and nytimes

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress em. spit right in their mouths

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

kater posted:

tempted to go wander the streets from Walgreens to cvs collecting masks

Is there anything in place to keep people from doing this? I live near several rural towns where COVID's been over since the spring of 2020, can't imagine there's any demand for masks out there (therefore I'm not taking them from people who want them).

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

lmao last Saturday's clinical update Vincent is still wearing cloth masks, thinks droplets are all that matters, n95 arent proven to be necessary (there's no paper!), and is pissed his university makes him wear a surgical instead of his own garbage mask

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

With how Covid can permanently remove your sense of taste and now it can give you a really good cardio workout just from standing up, I'm sure that Covid will help with the obesity pandemic!

https://mobile.twitter.com/ashwinrajenesh/status/1487094469040041986

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Glumwheels posted:

Calls him a bully then sends her brain dead cult after him. Funny thing is he’s more than capable to handle a piece of poo poo like her .

I can’t wait til karma gets her for what she’s doing. If my 4 year old can put on a kf94 and wear it all day without complaining and seem perfectly healthy (emotionally and without COVID) then why can’t she or her dumbass kids?

she's a transphobe, too; she makes fun of people who list pronouns. she's just hot trash all around.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
nobody's wearing masks around here anymore. good thing the pandemic's over, I guess

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Don't know if this has been posted, to bring a touch more context to this story.

quote:

COVID-19 has been detected on the remote Pacific nation of Kiribati for the first time.

Kiribati has been one of the few areas of the world that was safe from COVID-19 throughout the pandemic due to its early, strict travel restrictions and its remote location, The Associated Press reported.

But not even a month after loosening its border restrictions, the country is seeing an outbreak of COVID-19 cases.

The outbreak began when Kiribati permitted the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to bring back 54 citizens to Kiribati, many of whom had been working as missionaries, the AP reported.

Kiribati ensured the citizens were fully vaccinated and that they were tested three times in Fiji first, but 36 individuals ended up testing positive for the virus once they landed in the country.

A church spokesperson told the AP the individuals are working with authorities and staying in quarantine.

The number of positive cases has since jumped to 181, and Kiribati is now deploying coronavirus restrictions such as lockdowns, curfews and quarantine sites. The government has declared a state of disaster in the nation with only 113,000 residents and few intensive care unit beds, according to the AP.

Just 33 percent of Kiribati's citizens are fully vaccinated.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

NeonPunk posted:

With how Covid can permanently remove your sense of taste and now it can give you a really good cardio workout just from standing up, I'm sure that Covid will help with the obesity pandemic!

ooof madone

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Ben Nerevarine posted:

nobody's wearing masks around here anymore. good thing the pandemic's over, I guess

Hello time traveler from spring 2020.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Ben Nerevarine posted:

same :toot:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Mind_Taker posted:

How long does one usually continue to test positive on rapid tests after COVID infection?

My wife got COVID 11 days ago and just finished her 10 day isolation. She says she feels 100% back to normal and has been 100% since day 7, but she did a rapid test and tested positive just today (a faint line, but still positive).

Is it safe for her to come out of isolation, or should she wait until she tests negative?

Rapid tests are less sensitive than PCR, so she is definitely not kosher to go out

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010

Oglethorpe posted:

from MSA's product literature:

MSA channeling "hit da bricks" energy:hmmyes:

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

NeonPunk posted:

I have had this condition since I was a young child.
It got way better after puberty, and was never really debilitating - I just blacked out like 5+ times a week.

When I was about 6 weeks post covid, I began having heart arythmia similar to this example. It sucks (mine usually tops out ~120bpm, though).
Covid was early October, got the booster (fwiw) at end of October.

Same poo poo is still going on w me

(*yes, I told my Dr, they did an EKG. Said it looked fine - poo poo wasn't racing in the office, though)

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022

Fly Molo posted:

covid gives you cancer

also respirator crew now has a gangtag to make the bad covid threads uncomfortable

Ah ok, thanks, I hate it.
Well it could've potentially been this one.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

NeonPunk posted:

that's frightening

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I know this isn’t really Deltacron but congrats on the world for creating a more transmissible Omicron, which is what we feared with “Deltacron”

Can’t wait to see what helps next!!!

https://twitter.com/trvrb/status/1487105432921407489?s=20&t=CJJRo_nc7_e5keqzlku5pg

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Fireside Nut posted:

that's frightening

Can confirm. It sucks

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

two-time fee posted:

Ah ok, thanks, I hate it.
Well it could've potentially been this one.

trim that down to 180x60 pixels and let’s make two of them

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Deltacron 3030

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

are people mass canceling because of rogan?

I’m testing out Apple Music before I cancel.

the good of Apple. better sound quality, good playlists, and so on.

the bad.

not as good discover weekly I suspect, and the actual interface for playlists leaves something to be desired, on top of which, to get it to work really right I’d have to sync with my local music, and I don’t want to do that because of all my chillstep/video game soundtracks I’ve ripped from YouTube.

also, I’d be canceling on two friends who have Spotify through me who haven’t texted me back in 6 months because they kinda started sucking because of COVID mental health, which would be a whole thing, and family members who use Spotify, which would also be a hassle.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

yoloer420 posted:

What are people's thoughts on the Envo Mask? Most of the reviews I can find are from nurses and seem to be overwhelmingly positive. Unfortunately for me I only trust anecdotes from users of long forgotten web forums.

I had one early on in the pandemic when N95s were impossible to find and it was OK. The biggest issue for me was that the mask was very small on my face. It felt like whenever I moved or talked it was easy to break the seal. It was also kind of difficult to do a fit check. For the price, I didn't think it was worth it. If I'm popping in and out for takeout or something quick I just wear an Aura, which I feel has a much better seal. Anything with longer exposure I'm back to wearing my 3M 7503 half mask. Seal is fantastic and it's so easy to breathe in. Much cheaper than an Envo, too!

You get a few more looks in a half mask, but gently caress it, who cares

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

PostNouveau posted:

What is Lori Lightfoot trying to say by spelling it in money? :shrug:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrEdbKwivCI

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

AppleNippleBOB posted:

Can confirm. It sucks

:( Has it gotten any better for you?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
4 out of 6 of the people who go into the office still for some reason are out with COVID now.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
I'm sure you've talked about this for the last few hundred pages but I was astonished when I learned that the big Biden program to send tests to everyone in the US was that self test antigen stuff. I assumed that if millions of Americans sent in their PCR-tests at once it would overwhelm the system and they've been waiting until they had more lab capacity. I was actually dumb enough to think that the Biden administration had built up some kind of infrastructure.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Shear Modulus posted:

me: Holds up PCR test results showing multiple covid reinfections Super immunity!

covid: shoots a bunch of holes in my lungs It's just been revoked!

Delta and Omicron buddy cop movie

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
went to target today, in sacramento

mask usage was 100%, they had someone at the door enforcing and masks available at the front

i felt like a time traveller from fall 2020

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Hedenius posted:

I'm sure you've talked about this for the last few hundred pages but I was astonished when I learned that the big Biden program to send tests to everyone in the US was that self test antigen stuff. I assumed that if millions of Americans sent in their PCR-tests at once it would overwhelm the system and they've been waiting until they had more lab capacity. I was actually dumb enough to think that the Biden administration had built up some kind of infrastructure.

Also positive at-home antigen tests don't show up in any of the official stats. :eng101:

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

a historical reenactment of missionaries killing island populations with novel infectious agents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

Fly Molo posted:

i bought the gangtag for my av (because the mods are useless), so now it’s on the SA server. just stick:

[ img ]https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/de/0c/00116136.0002.png[ /img ] (with no spaces)

in your custom title next time you buy a new avatar. $5 gangtags, smdh at microtransactions coming to SA.

quoting for when i get home