Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Just to prepare everyone if it pops off on twitter at some point, today the russell street report guy posted

"Last week the reliable Barstool Banks insinuated in an article that the Ravens have some things going on behind the scenes that would make your head spin. He wasn’t specific and I’m beginning to understand why. Since BB’s post on Barstool, I’ve had a few things shared with me that at this point, I’ll file under “educated speculation”. And at the center of much of it is Lamar Jackson.

Lamar has been nothing short of a breath of fresh air since his arrival in Baltimore. He’s been an outstanding player, great teammate, selfless and accountable. But some things don’t add up including Lamar’s late season regression, the lack of any contractual movement and, despite the criticisms, the decision to retain Greg Roman as the team’s OC.

Rumors have recently surfaced that the Ravens 1) may consider a potential trade for Lamar and, 2) that some of his off-the-field behaviors may have contributed to the former MVP’s disappointing 2021. But they are just that – rumors. So I get why Banks was measured in his recent article. That said, the Lamar contract situation deserves close attention. Any unusual developments could be signs that there’s merit to the educated speculation. "

I'm not going to bother posting the supposed rumors because there's all sorts of mundane to wild poo poo (i.e. Lamar has a drug problem) and none of them seem particularly credible, but if you start seeing any of this stuff anywhere you know where it originated from (barstool and a ravens forum).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

sharknado slashfic posted:

Just to prepare everyone if it pops off on twitter at some point, today the russell street report guy posted

"Last week the reliable Barstool Banks insinuated in an article that the Ravens have some things going on behind the scenes that would make your head spin. He wasn’t specific and I’m beginning to understand why. Since BB’s post on Barstool, I’ve had a few things shared with me that at this point, I’ll file under “educated speculation”. And at the center of much of it is Lamar Jackson.

Lamar has been nothing short of a breath of fresh air since his arrival in Baltimore. He’s been an outstanding player, great teammate, selfless and accountable. But some things don’t add up including Lamar’s late season regression, the lack of any contractual movement and, despite the criticisms, the decision to retain Greg Roman as the team’s OC.

Rumors have recently surfaced that the Ravens 1) may consider a potential trade for Lamar and, 2) that some of his off-the-field behaviors may have contributed to the former MVP’s disappointing 2021. But they are just that – rumors. So I get why Banks was measured in his recent article. That said, the Lamar contract situation deserves close attention. Any unusual developments could be signs that there’s merit to the educated speculation. "

I'm not going to bother posting the supposed rumors because there's all sorts of mundane to wild poo poo (i.e. Lamar has a drug problem) and none of them seem particularly credible, but if you start seeing any of this stuff anywhere you know where it originated from (barstool and a ravens forum).

I don't really agree with it. While I don't think paying him right now is the right choice I think we can build an offense around him that counters the heavy passing of other teams. But we need to lean into what we do and not draft all these wideouts we won't use. That's why I say draft another pass catching TE. We need to aspire to be like 2019 and be able to grind out the clock and hold the ball and not make any apologies for doing so. Who cares if we lost in the playoffs that year we would have won at least against Tennessee if Ingram wasn't hurt. Double down on what we do and don't try to be like every other team. Because we won't beat them.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Farewell to by far and away the greatest QB in the history of the AFC North.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Roasted Donut posted:

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

And before some Kimchi dipshit chimes in with a Well, Actually, you’re wrong. Respect to Flacco the ravens god tho

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

BrownThunder posted:

And before some Kimchi dipshit chimes in with a Well, Actually, you’re wrong. Respect to Flacco the ravens god tho

Sam Koch says hi

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

BrownThunder posted:

sounds like you are insecure about the superior quarterback joe flacco

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I mean who has more superbowl mvps?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

JOE FLACCO

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Ghost Dog posted:

JOE FLACCO

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bangin on a trashcan
drummin on a streetlight
strummin on my BenJoe
one little voice is calling me calling me
one little voice is calling me

nutting on a mailbox
rapping on the pavement
strummin on my BenJoe

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Roasted Donut posted:

And if you don't agree he'll corner you in a bathroom and make you a believer

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Roasted Donut posted:

Mad disrespect to Terry Bradshaw.

No I don't care that the division was called the AFC Central back then.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

JOE FLACCO

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Cavauro posted:

bangin on a trashcan
drummin on a streetlight
strummin on my BenJoe

nutting on a mailbox
rapping on the pavement
strummin on my BenJoe

Chap Lipman gives this a thumbs up

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Lamar Jackson has a drug addiction and the drug is throwing interceptions to the Steelers

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
oooh hope jim comes back so john isnt the biggest rear end in a top hat in the nfl

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
John has never even competed for that title. Way too bland.

I'd like it if Jim got the Vikings job. Always felt a kinship between the two purple teams. It'd be fitting if they were coached by brothers.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Ravens and Vikings have connected since Billick came in and brought in all those players he liked.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/alexcaruso/status/1487826180975775749?s=21

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/jmanziel2/status/1487909101916938241?s=21

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
oh god if bengals win this twitter is going to be insufferable

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
but grats to the bengals posters here

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
GO BENGOS

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I'm glad the Bengals won

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

fartknocker posted:

I'm glad the Bengals won

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
AFCN Supremacy!!

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
bengos d kept them to three points in a half

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

As I said at the start of the season, an Ohio team is on the Super Bowl

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Congratulations to my fellow Bengals posters! Looking forward to Super Bowl NFTs by Cavauro

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I am Carl Weathers in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PSZEvsYD6o&t=59s

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The Cincinnati Bengals have won the AFC North.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

fartknocker posted:

I'm glad the Bengals won

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

this counts as the browns going to the superbowl

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:hmmyes:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the afc north has won the afc

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Apple made that tackle at the end of the first half, clutch int last week...incredible

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Teh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Bengals make the super bowl one week after joining the AFC North. Coincidence? Unlikely.