Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

quote:

Chad Carswell, a double amputee who has undergone several major surgeries on his heart, now faces a different battle. Carswell told Channel 9′s Dave Faherty his kidney is only operating at about 4%.

Dialysis three times a week keeps him going, but the solution is temporary.

my man lets a machine clean his blood and let doctors amputate two limbs, but a vaccine is a step too far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

If you have the means and the awareness to protect yourself from COVID you should also probably want to avoid heart disease

Yeah, and hand out N95 to houseless folks

It's like bustin, makes u feel good

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

authentic shoyu ramen will give you the squits, very rich soy base will go through you in less than an hour

Goddamn is this ever the truth.
I always suspected but never wanted to mention this to anyone

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

I used to think that chinese food syndrome was a bunch of hooey until I started experimenting with the fish sauce in my own cooking. Now, yeah I can see how a bit too much MSG can push food from delicious to stomach-churning.

no you can’t

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Lastgirl posted:

authentic shoyu ramen will give you the squits, very rich soy base will go through you in less than an hour

I've never had that happen with any of the local ramen spots - however this thread got to see me have a melt down over my hot sauce squirts so yeah i could see that.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

no lube so what posted:

it is only for the hearty

Or, as it turned out, for people who have gallbladders that know not to make little stones for no reason that crunch up your insides in the worst pain imaginable

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Chamale posted:

The "some Canada trucker rally" was supposed to be a huge event with 50,000 trucks and a million protesters. They got 200 trucks and 20,000 protesters, and the organizers hadn't made any plans for accommodations or washrooms, so they've been pissing in the snow. One of them peed on the war memorial.

and danced on the grave of the unknown solider. that even bothered me

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Tzen posted:

want some warchild now :mad:
i will settle with a jellyfish ipa :cheers:

the abv on warchild is like 7.5 I think? it's so strong!

e: 7.8!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 minutes!

God Hole posted:

"why don't you take your mask off, maybe he'll respect you then"

is Arizona a stand-your-ground state? just asking

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I prefer making my own chicken strips at home, with a few simple ingredients. I also don't trust the macros on boxed food and squat every day so that my arms look smaller

dude i love doing prep -> blasting by quads -> cooking a dope rear end meal -> stuffing my face -> cleanup -> shower -> pass out in bliss as much as anybody, but im not doing that process every day

if you have the time/inclination, you can do the bodybuilder routine of sunday prep of chicken breast, broccoli and brown rice for every meal for the next week but you're going to get pretty bored. making homemade food that's both delicious and nutritious takes a lot of effort.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

PerniciousKnid posted:

Don't you need the tape to make a good seal?

Not really. It’s not a HEPA filter discharging operating room air. If there’s a few percent leakage, it’s inconsequential.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Goddamn is this ever the truth.
I always suspected but never wanted to mention this to anyone

guilty pleasure with punishment attached

silicone thrills posted:

I've never had that happen with any of the local ramen spots - however this thread got to see me have a melt down over my hot sauce squirts so yeah i could see that.

it may depend, if you had enough starch/fiber in your stomach to offset it or how they prepare their bases. Last few times it wasn't as bad so they probably adjusted the richness. Drinking the soup base directly will increase the chances each time.

its funny and hosed up how baby brained americans are about their consumer habits, especially eating, with your analogue about how they throw out white rice and complain about greasy chinese food. Americans can't even loving portion correctly either, its just a garbage plate with food all mixed together and they call it delicious but it's just slop at the trough with more sugar in the loving bread so they can chew obnoxiously, with their hands, before going back to work IMMEDIATELY for the boss. Truly hosed up idiot people with terrible culture misappropriated from other authentic dishes and call it "Pan" to paint over the lack of original culture that doesn't revolve around consumerism.

just so loving baby brained about how they eat, can't even understand indigestion and chug pepto instead of eating a celery stalk for gently caress's sake. Having heartburn at applebees but insisting on bringing more hot wings and sliders. It's all catered to deal with ignorant schlubby revelry of the american mass. Gotta ask for seconds, and thirdsies, gently caress me, worse than hobbits. Can't even moderate habits correctly. And you're asking these loving assholes to do a civic responsibility for once in a century event? gently caress off~

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

my man lets a machine clean his blood and let doctors amputate two limbs, but a vaccine is a step too far

Honestly, though, the most jokerfying part of these stupid situations is even if they did get vaccinated and then get their organ transplant, they would have to spend the rest of their life on immunosuppressants to prevent rejection, same as any other organ transplant recipient. Vaccine or no, their immune system would be poo poo, a covid infection could kill them anyway, and nobody would care because "pandemic of the unvaccinated".

Just hearty lols and lmaos all around

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://twitter.com/cd_hooks/status/1487901045158289412

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
sister made a social media post about her favorite N95s and I'm like so happy

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

2 of the sides are correct

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

i eat garbage food but I do it in the confines of my own house like a true loser

Johnny Utah :cheers:

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Dog Case posted:

These n95s is poo poo! They put the ear loops on sideways!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

slinkimalinki posted:

Calling it "the Ukraine" is insulting because it makes it sound like a failed state like "the USA" or "the UK"

Lol

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Tons of fat computer touches comparing pizza and hotdogs claiming Applebee's is somehow low class or some bone thrown to the poor by the rich lmao

Applebees is low class microwaved poo poo pretending it isn’t and that’s a huge part of the problem

No one is making GBS threads on Indian takeaway because that sort of business is relatively safe. “Come yell at the help for an hour while you eat microwaved trash” ain’t.

Applebees and the like is selling a fake image of affluence and killing people in the process.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

crepeface posted:

if you have the time/inclination, you can do the bodybuilder routine of sunday prep of chicken breast, broccoli and brown rice for every meal for the next week but you're going to get pretty bored. making homemade food that's both delicious and nutritious takes a lot of effort.

It's not laborious, time consuming, or expensive to cycle through the same 4-6 reasonably palatable and nutritious meals (or minor variations thereof) every day of every week forever. I've been doing this for at least 2 years. It tastes fine, I enjoy eating food when I'm hungry. I don't know if it's "delicious" compared to takeout or fast food but billions of people get by just fine without worrying about dumb poo poo like that, and so did almost every human being that has ever lived.

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

true proletarians dine at applebees

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

i eat garbage food but I do it in the confines of my own house like a true loser

I ordered a pizza despite having leftovers because of this pic

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
My sister let us know she tested positively towards the negative after going to a dinner party with a bunch of people who popped hot

Infuriating. I don't get why the attack rate is a mere 75% or whatever from those Christmas party studies

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

mastershakeman posted:

My sister let us know she tested positively towards the negative after going to a dinner party with a bunch of people who popped hot

Infuriating. I don't get why the attack rate is a mere 75% or whatever from those Christmas party studies

Well, let's be scientific about this. how much do each of the people at the dinner party make?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

McNugget Buddy posted:

I remember as a kid whenever we would get takeout Chinese, everyone in my family would throw out the free white rice because it was flavorless

Like, looking back, the whole point was to use the rice as a base for the other food we ordered - but we were too dumb and fat to realize that

White rice is fantastic

hahahah oly sfucking poo poo thats like throwing out the bread with a stew, the chapati with a curry

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

no, no. not what’s in your fridge. what’s ON your fridge!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

crepeface posted:

dude i love doing prep -> blasting by quads -> cooking a dope rear end meal -> stuffing my face -> cleanup -> shower -> pass out in bliss as much as anybody, but im not doing that process every day

I was making fun of the fitness forum threads on this website from like a decade ago :shrugs:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
food obsession is just another culture war in the empty american pablum of nothingculture

too many earwormed buzzwords have been forcefed to us in the last 2-3 decades

"empty carbs bruh, you can't have that" was just a pre-cursor of spouting off as a trial run babby's first innocuous misinfo :kiddo:

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

food obsession is just another culture war in the empty american pablum of nothingculture

"empty carbs bruh, you can't have that" was just a pre-cursor of spouting off misinfo as a trial run babby's first innocuous run :kiddo:

I sometimes wonder if there's something uniquely American that allows totally meaningless words and phrases to take off and thrive

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Lastgirl posted:

"empty carbs bruh, you can't have that" was just a pre-cursor of spouting off as a trial run babby's first innocuous misinfo :kiddo:

I canned some sauerkraut this month.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Lastgirl posted:

I can't believe they're gaslighting us by cargo culting food culture

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Zeroisanumber posted:

I canned some sauerkraut this month.

That sounds awesome, did you put caraway seeds in it?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Morbus posted:

It's not laborious, time consuming, or expensive to cycle through the same 4-6 reasonably palatable and nutritious meals (or minor variations thereof) every day of every week forever. I've been doing this for at least 2 years. It tastes fine, I enjoy eating food when I'm hungry. I don't know if it's "delicious" compared to takeout or fast food but billions of people get by just fine without worrying about dumb poo poo like that, and so did almost every human being that has ever lived.

aren't there like 20 million people that live in food deserts in the US

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

This may be a local thing, but im starting to get a bit annoyed by people insisting you must wear a mask outside all the time or you're a "scumbag", but also its perfectly fine to go to restaurants and house parties.

https://twitter.com/birdturntable/status/1487848456261718017

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Just gotta find what you like. I can mow down on a pound+ of mixed greens, sliced cucumbers, chickpeas, and balsamic vineggrete every day for lunch and not get bored. Any other dressing and I'd hate it after a day

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Atrocious Joe posted:

He’s so mad at the libs he’s gonna kill himself, that’s dedication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Blockade posted:

This may be a local thing, but im starting to get a bit annoyed by people insisting you must wear a mask outside all the time or you're a "scumbag", but also its perfectly fine to go to restaurants and house parties.

https://twitter.com/birdturntable/status/1487848456261718017

Masking while sledding is probably more related to the air temp than anything else.