Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

indigi posted:

knowing the Covid thread that title may just mean they weren’t wearing an N95 lab goggles and hair net

Didn’t leave their popcorn in the parking lot for four hours to disinfect in the sunlight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Pretty sure they said they knew they were symptomatic but went anyway

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Lib and let die posted:

thats exactly what they did

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Lib and let die posted:

Not just symptomatic, he and his wife both popped positive and went anyway

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Not just symptomatic, he and his wife both popped positive and went anyway

Lmao that wasn't it

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
on the other hand, who among us wouldn't potentially commit manslaughter to see a new spiderman movie

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmao that wasn't it

I went back and checked so to clarify - I was wrong
His wife was 100% infected and symptomatic and didn't bother getting tested until after but then tested positive and you claim to have not gotten sick until the next day

So Mr Hootington is a marginally lesser shithead than my initial claim I apologize everybody

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I went back and checked so to clarify - I was wrong
His wife was 100% infected and symptomatic and didn't bother getting tested until after but then tested positive and you claim to have not gotten sick until the next day

So Mr Hootington is a marginally lesser shithead than my initial claim I apologize everybody

You are still wrong and if you want to follow me around to tell the story at least get it accurate. I started having symptoms Monday, Tuesday for sure.

I see Santa clause is getting a sequel series on disney+. It sounds a little psychotic.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

You're a jerk sir

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

You're a jerk sir

If I started a podcast nobody would have had a problem. :shrug:

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Mr Hootington posted:

If I started a podcast nobody would have had a problem. :shrug:

hey maybe it's time to make smart and responsible decisions for your family and community

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
fun re-view of Total Recall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHxpFHY1z-A

Mike's point about Paulie V being the master of the blood squib is true, and that you'll never really see that kinda violence fun R-rating movie anymore

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Not eggheads, no. It's not trying to be overly clever like Nolan production or anything it just tells a simple story with a neat framing and a really leisurely pace.

But it also doesn't beat you over the head with the themes or throw in B plots or weird action beats to keep you engaged.

Yea Station 11 is great and not at all what I thought it was going to be. It's a breezy watch, Gael García Bernal is in it, and story/atmosphere is good.

Miss Lonelyhearts has issued a correction as of 00:07 on Jan 30, 2022

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Caught up on book of Boba fett and lmao at episode 5. Wasn't expecting this. The show is good.

Edit:
Caught up on peacemaker too. gently caress another great episode. Too bad most of the characters will be dead by the end of the season!

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 03:23 on Jan 30, 2022

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Mr Hootington posted:

Caught up on book of Boba fett and lmao at episode 5. Wasn't expecting this. The show is good.

last ep loving pwned

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

yeah it was a good episode of mando season 3

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
listen up yall we need to talk about the M slur

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/justbarryb/status/1486915045095182342?cxt=HHwWjMCooeDWyqIpAAAA

Steven King is right! You don't need those stinky awful libraries; Capitalism provides for all!!!

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

finishing up batman 89 as background noise and just being struck at how vicki vale is the most aggressively pointless female lead ive ever seen im not sure she actually does anything the entire movie except just get monologued at by the actual main characters

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea Fett was a bit rocky at times but it really has turned out good as hell

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Clip-On Fedora posted:

https://twitter.com/justbarryb/status/1486915045095182342?cxt=HHwWjMCooeDWyqIpAAAA

Steven King is right! You don't need those stinky awful libraries; Capitalism provides for all!!!

Nah, he's saying to steal books.

:P

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

finishing up batman 89 as background noise and just being struck at how vicki vale is the most aggressively pointless female lead ive ever seen im not sure she actually does anything the entire movie except just get monologued at by the actual main characters

She served 2 purposes on the comics at that time.
1. Being a side antagonist you was trying to prove Bruce Wayne was batman.
2. Being Bruce Wayne's lover who gets left in cabs for hours while he goes and batman's.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
man the scene where the mimes all just show up before joker stabs the mob boss in the neck was the creepiest poo poo when I was a kid.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Some Guy TT posted:

After the last live action Batman they were probably real serious about letting the audience know that this new dark Batman is straight.

And also real lazy about it.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

rewatched In Bruges and it still holds up imo, though possibly I'm just saying that bc I can recite it from memory at this point

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

StashAugustine posted:

rewatched In Bruges and it still holds up imo, though possibly I'm just saying that bc I can recite it from memory at this point

i watched it while literally in bruges a few years ago, and yes its still good. great cinematography, soundtrack, and cast

Xaris has issued a correction as of 05:06 on Jan 30, 2022

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
alcoves

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
https://twitter.com/juliegoldberg/status/1487123731864510466

you know... if you search "maus read online" on google, you can read maus online in full, for free. It's the second result.

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
maus is really drat good, though. it's a big-time downer but it's a classic for a reason.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

maus escapes the flaw most other literary memoir graphic novels fall into by actually being about vladek rather than art which injects the whole project with a strong sense of humility especially by the second half when maus has become commercially successful and art really agonizes over how hes become the caretaker for a narrative he doesnt think he really understands yet which has guaranteed his career and reputation as an artist

like part of why i felt compelled to rant about good talk upthread is because you can see the decades old filter of just not understanding why maus works at all since when written without the humility and detachment the structure just becomes smug soapboxing that reduces broad societal issues to petty personal conflict

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

StashAugustine posted:

really want to watch it with my partner but I think a 6 yo getting brained in the opening sequence would be triggering... Ok I know it would

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/juddgreenstein/status/1487844896040005640

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/feministabulous/status/1487821694605615107

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/HaloTheSeries/status/1487896228255854594

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sure, this time we'll finally end the Halo

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
Halo isn't even cool or good, it's wild they're running with a series. I guess they wanna onboard all the mountain dew bros who are still trying to chase that Halo 3 dragon

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/Lee_McKay_SLife/status/1488041614211747840?s=20&t=36RP8k0oclxTyCYybZNDFQ

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Halo fan opinion will mostly depend on Cortana's outfit.

was any of the stuff about master chief being the product of an unethical child soldier program meant to put down human rebels in the first three games. seems like they are leaning heavy into that part of the franchise.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

halo more like gaylo by which mean its gay levels are unacceptably low

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"should Cortana wear shoes" thread closed after 100+ pages of heated debate.