Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/secretarypete/status/1488176683098284034?s=21

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

T-Paine posted:

What are yall's plans for the postdemic?

Looking for a ghost town to buy

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

zone posted:

I am simultaneously intrigued and horrified

I don't eat brunch or drink so I can only imagine this is why it is so popular for Americans

mystes
May 31, 2006

Maybe we just need to increase car deaths to 3000 a day and then it will be okay?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

McCracAttack posted:

https://twitter.com/MilesKlee/status/1488204404347977729?s=20&t=01WTdBP1OE0w8gBGtah_wA

Huh, I wonder why doctors are all doom and gloom right now?

Edit: GOD drat IT!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

https://twitter.com/danlehnermusic/status/1488250098748465160?s=20&t=o9liQ4bOpfrnIMxJI10KLg

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

mmm yes I knew this to be true but couldn’t find a report on it for some time, then stumbling through Mr. David’s tweets brought me a nice soothing crack ping and verification of one of my biggest fears with COVID and my not-eligible-for-vax son.

I wonder if younger Democrats are more likely to have younger kids than older Democrats :thunk:

https://twitter.com/calonghurst/status/1486607192736239617?s=20&t=xA7imiiF2AuSwaMLF72DCA

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Joementum posted:

let me tell you about tolerating 3,000 deaths per day, my man

https://twitter.com/SecretaryPete/status/1488176683098284034

I would have guessed it was higher than 36,000 per year. Thank for for assuaging my concerns, Pete.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Lacrosse posted:

Looking for a ghost town to buy

I will be the screws barron, I am willing to ally with the bean barron

Morbus
May 18, 2004

not_superiority posted:

THEY THINK ENDEMIC MEANS THE END OF THE DISEASE

WHAT THE gently caress

lmao

Malaria is endemic to sub-Saharan Africa

Which is why it's really nbd there

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

i would simply get the vaccine

warning: this is a video of a man setting himself on fire

https://twitter.com/INVESTMENTSHULK/status/1488211524262977542

The loving vipers who take advantage of vulnerable people by filling their heads with garbage in order to grift them for a buck should have a really nice time. I hope they have just the nicest time ever, the fucks. I hope I live to see them have an extremely nice time.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

That’s-a spicy greaseball

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
How long until you're not infectious anymore? I've isolated for two weeks since my positive test. I have just an occasional dry cough for symptoms. I'll of course wear an N95 for awhile for source control but is there any way to know for sure if I'm not contagious?

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Tulip posted:

Yea good stuff. To some extent I feel like I'm losing the thread of what the legitimation of a neoliberal regime is. There are sub strategies I can identify, like how the state department playing up how dangerous and aggressive our rivals are makes America come across as the necessary defense of liberty and prosperity (reminds me of early modern monarchs using the presence of witches to say "I'm so holy Satan himself is trying to stop me! ").

We tend to focus on treats, on convenience and simple prosperity, but I don't think Matt Y is that great of a source, I think he's just a spoiled baby. It feels to me like "there is no alternative" is the source of legitimacy. Neoliberalism incorporates criticism of neoliberalism into its own marketing, and enough people just accept that it sucks, but what are you gonna do? It sucks, but do you have a better idea or are you just complaining? It sucks, but you're still gonna show up to work right?

One party gargles blood impolitely and loves it. One party gargles blood politely and feels bad about it.

Calls not to gargle blood are called preposterous. The polite blood garglers sabotage any attempt not to gargle blood and enable blood gargling to go on in the first place.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 31, 2022

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I dunno why I thought kicking my day off by watching a video of a guy set himself on fire was a good idea, but wooo boy am I regretting it now :stare:

I watched enough snuff films from the Arab Spring to last a lifetime so I don't click on that poo poo anymore

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Explanation: the olds have rotten pudding for brains and zero understanding of even the most basic statistics or biology

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Hmmmn it couldn't possibly be because young adults have young children they don't want to leave as orphans, could it?

:thunk:

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Sometimes I wonder if these people are aware even young people, if they survive, will also be old some day.

CPU Abuser
Oct 3, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 66 days!

Jon Irenicus posted:

does BA.2 have any unique properties?

Only thing right now is "more contagious than BA.1". But that's all we've heard of TTBOMK, and it's just a drop in the bucket

Immune evasion and pathogenicity are still in the vapor zone. I guess, not enough clinical data.

Right now, the only place seeing much BA.2 is South Africa TTBOMK, but I expect that'll change. Shortly.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

tuyop posted:

How long until you're not infectious anymore? I've isolated for two weeks since my positive test. I have just an occasional dry cough for symptoms. I'll of course wear an N95 for awhile for source control but is there any way to know for sure if I'm not contagious?

Take another test.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

on balance i'd probably just get the vaxx rather than self immolate

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

love is a battlefield

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

MysteriousStranger posted:

Too gross on second thought.

Not even. I had most of my mouth ripped out.
It almost sounds like one of those quiet pulpectomy situations.

Ah, the pulpectomy: I don't want to have a face infection but I can't afford a root canal so just put the plague X on the tooth and we'll get back to it later.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Zeroisanumber posted:

Take another test.

There are no other tests.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

CPU Abuser posted:

Only thing right now is "more contagious than BA.1". But that's all we've heard of TTBOMK, and it's just a drop in the bucket

Immune evasion and pathogenicity are still in the vapor zone. I guess, not enough clinical data.

Right now, the only place seeing much BA.2 is South Africa TTBOMK, but I expect that'll change. Shortly.

Can't wait for the consent manufacturing machine to spin up and start wallpapering the internet with articles about how even more mild it is than OG Omicron

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Lawlicaust posted:

This was shared in a company-wide email today by our CEO:

LOL.

This is GREAT news.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Waiting at the CVS and there are definitely 3 employees with a horrid cough.

One of them has been hacking up a lung for several minutes now.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

tuyop posted:

There are no other tests.

THERE! ARE! FOUR! TESTS!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Blitter posted:

Gonna be really curious to see where Israel and Denmark end up given they haven't moved to an "at home" (unreported) testing strategy yet.

We will soon, though, they've already announced that to be the case.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Sphyre posted:

on balance i'd probably just get the vaxx rather than self immolate

ugh, liberals

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Lol 3 month waiting list to get a nonemergent infectious disease office visit.

Absolute loving RIP in piece for all the diabetics with rotting feet :(

zone
Dec 6, 2016

tuyop posted:

For sure the best way is to keep testing until you pop negative. Standard of isolation is about two weeks, three if you're feeling the need to be as safe as possible. Last I heard, the data currently extant says about 8-10% people can continue spreading omicron well over two months after being infected.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/sailorrooscout/status/1488250945536512008

lol

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

mdemone posted:

THERE! ARE! FOUR! TESTS!

Not for Canadians lol

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
My manager got sent home by his boss because he isn't looking too good. This is the same guy who told me last week that he knows a bunch of people who caught Omicron, it's mild.

CPU Abuser
Oct 3, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 66 days!

The older people get, the more likely they've capitulated to the demands of the socioeconomic system. It's basically a question of duration versus endurance.

The pressure starts as soon as their brains start processing the cradle-to-grave pervasive propaganda that's shoved into people through every type of media from popular music to television, and that simply keeps flowing non-stop.

Sooner or later, most people resolve this by conforming. The older you get, the more likely this has happened.

CPU Abuser fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 31, 2022

CPU Abuser
Oct 3, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 66 days!

Lacrosse posted:

Can't wait for the consent manufacturing machine to spin up and start wallpapering the internet with articles about how even more mild it is than OG Omicron

Yup. Spinning up in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I dunno why I thought kicking my day off by watching a video of a guy set himself on fire was a good idea, but wooo boy am I regretting it now :stare:

yeah :same:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

let me tell you about tolerating 3,000 deaths per day, my man

https://twitter.com/SecretaryPete/status/1488176683098284034

3000 deaths a month? lol who cares. all those people were probably fat tbh.

CPU Abuser
Oct 3, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 66 days!

Asproigerosis posted:

Lol 3 month waiting list to get a nonemergent infectious disease office visit.

Absolute loving RIP in piece for all the diabetics with rotting feet :(
It's hosed even worse than it was in early 2020, when I had to have a nasty skin infection dealt with at a wound clinic.

Back then, the wait time was about a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
NUMBERS NUMBERS NUMBERS NUMBERS NUMBERS NUMBERS

In 2022

19,806,642 cases in the United States
807,872 People Admitted to the Hospital
59,243 deaths

115,893 Hospitalized on 12/31/21
+807,872 Admissions
-59,243 Deaths