Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Jaxyon posted:

I mean if we want to go real book accurate everybody never talks about loving but the camera lingers on the cleavage of every single actress in every scene. :colbert:

100% down for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Jaxyon posted:

I mean if we want to go real book accurate everybody never talks about loving but the camera lingers on the cleavage of every single actress in every scene. :colbert:

It's 2022, the camera also has to linger on some well turned calves.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Thumbing my ear while humming at these posts

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Remember when Siuan is in Lugard at an inn with a name she says is too vile to say aloud, and then we find out it’s called “The Good Night’s Ride” lmao

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

seaborgium posted:

It's 2022, the camera also has to linger on some well turned calves.

Gonna need some ripe bossoms.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Ungratek posted:

Thumbing my ear while humming at these posts

Tune: "Bela ciao, Bela ciao, Bela ciao ciao ciao"

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Somebody was asking about the original scripts for episodes 7&8 I cant remember if it was here or on twitter.

What we do have is a storyboard/concept art image of how the battle was supposed to go down. Looks like there was supposed to be a melee battle with channelers supporting.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Pretty sure Lan is often described as specifically not handsome.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

How are u posted:

I always thought the slightly-prudish social conservatism of the Emond's Fielders was kind of charming and an interesting point of perspective conflict as the characters adventured out into the wider world. I think they should have kept it in the show.

:shobon:

e: this is probably because I can really relate to it, as it was an arc that I went through in my own life and additionally I read through the WoT series for the first time while that was happening.
I was surprised to find out via the Nerdy Nightly guys that the Eamonds Field 5 (apart from Nynaeve) are nearly 20 years old at the start of the series. They definitely seemed 18 at most in the books due to the extreme level of repression and conservative values they've inherited. It really is charming in the books though. Would've been quite refreshing to see on TV if it was done well. But it seems they really wanted to avoid almost any suggestion of 'period' in terms of mannerisms, dialogue, and so on, which I suppose is a legit aesthetic choice

edit:

Hexel posted:

Somebody was asking about the original scripts for episodes 7&8 I cant remember if it was here or on twitter.

What we do have is a storyboard/concept art image of how the battle was supposed to go down. Looks like there was supposed to be a melee battle with channelers supporting.

That wall still looks dumb as hell to me

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

AlternateAccount posted:

He’s not described as ugly either though. More “stony and murderous”

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

There’s some more concept art for S1 here https://www.artstation.com/filipstorch

I see one image for the deleted Logain scene from Ploskovice Palace :smith:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

This made me lol

Bashir for Bashere. I like it :toot:

https://twitter.com/patternreading/status/1487789045853863938?s=21

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

El Grillo posted:

That wall still looks dumb as hell to me

It's completely ridiculous

Lol humans have employed defensive walls for millennia but I, CGI brain genious, am going to revolutionize the concept by building them nine hundred feet high and filling them full of windows

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Data Graham posted:

It's completely ridiculous

Lol humans have employed defensive walls for millennia but I, CGI brain genious, am going to revolutionize the concept by building them nine hundred feet high and filling them full of windows

I would imagine they’re larger than practical for cinematography purposes but murder holes have been a thing in defensive fortifications for millenia.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Fain's actor still rules

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

AlternateAccount posted:

I don't think so but I can't find a quote on that.

But he's on several occasions described as being able to Get It.

So I don't know that it matters.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Jaxyon posted:

I don't think so but I can't find a quote on that.

But he's on several occasions described as being able to Get It.

So I don't know that it matters.

Yeah there's no way* he wasn't described as handsome, but I have no idea atm and that'd be funny if we all just read Lan and decide he was a hottie instead of Sloth or something.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Lan's usually described as tall, stone-faced, angular and in amazing shape. I have no doubt he could get it but he's weirdly not one of the characters the text goes out of its way to call handsome unless you're in a Nynaeve POV or in New Spring where he was getting laid constantly.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Wasn’t Lan laying pipe in New Spring?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Hexel posted:

Lan is noted as "this dude fucks" across a whole bunch of books but yeah NS goes into it more.

I believe Myrelle in the book where Egwene finds out she has Lan is like "yeah I'm sure this Nyneave thinks she's hot poo poo but a whole lot of women have tried to cuff this stud"

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Feb 1, 2022

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Hexel posted:

Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope lay pipe also!

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Hexel posted:

Lan lays pipe from New Spring to Memory of Light, from Falme, to Tear, throughout the Waste, and all over the fuckin' Tower.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

It’s over the moment any lady* finds out that beneath that built slab of rock is a gushy emotional dude who fuckin’ lives for drama.

*or dude, probably

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Is New Spring safe to read before the rest of the books? I never got around to that one and my partner is just now starting

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Unsinkabear posted:

Is New Spring safe to read before the rest of the books? I never got around to that one and my partner is just now starting

read it after book 5

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Unsinkabear posted:

Yeah don't read it first, after 5 def

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

CoS: Rand has reached the point of saying “‘im not mad! im not mad!!’ I continue to insist as I slowly lose control and transform into Lews Therin”

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I just hope they fix that godawful Loial makeup because yikes. That and give him more than two sentences. He’s one of the best characters in the books.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

They nailed his slightly too literal character though

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

goethe.cx posted:

CoS: Rand has reached the point of saying “‘im not mad! im not mad!!’ I continue to insist as I slowly lose control and transform into Lews Therin”

Ahhh, yes, my favorite series: The Dril of Time.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
who the gently caress is scraeming "BREAK THE SEALS" at my house. show yourself, coward. i will never break the seals

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Devorum posted:

Ahhh, yes, my favorite series: The Dril of Time.

Show yourself coward, the Wheel will never stop turning.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Urgh, got to my least favorite part of the entire series, Rands final showdown with Tuon.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Re: the Forsaken, you do not, under any circumstances, have to hand it to them

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

joke's on you; i actually love being shielded in a box by one dozen perfect Aes Sedai. and my mouth isn't filled with bloodm, it's victory saidin

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Hexel posted:

I would imagine they’re larger than practical for cinematography purposes but murder holes have been a thing in defensive fortifications for millenia.

Murder holes not murder windows is the key difference here.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Also murder holes are almost always either in the ceiling of internal passages or part of the parapet because you don't want to weaken the structural integrity of the outer walls by poking holes in them, because *gestures vaguely at show*.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I swear to god if they gently caress up Dumai’s Wells :argh:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

I swear to god if they gently caress up Dumai’s Wells :argh:

It's all about the sound for me. They gotta get this sound right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
The way they've portrayed The One Power so far in the show has been a little bit wispy and slow. I hope they jazz it up as we move forward, it's hard to imagine the current way being quite right for a crazy battle like Dumai's Wells.