Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
curious what they were

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
While it's only been a week or so since I started these anxiety meds, they seem to help, also, they get me supremely hosed up on three beers, which is ridiculous.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

A fat boomer woman called me an rear end in a top hat for singing along to "Sweet Home Alabama" with my own improvised historically accurate lyrics.

Gonna need elaboration on this

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
I would have just shot Tony Sipranmo and then lied to the cops. They would have believed me.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Force de Fappe posted:

Gonna need elaboration on this

Chorus of "gently caress you, Alabama", accusations of lynching, references to the Civil War, etc.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Just re-watched Cowboy Bebop for the first time since it ran on Adult Swim like 20 years ago.
a) totally holds up
b) didn't know it at the time because I hadn't seen the movie but the show absolutely is built on the skeleton of Robert Mitchum's Out of the Past in just the best way
c) Out of the Past is a fine loving movie

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
How to be a better president. You get the billionaires and tell them they have to do cool poo poo and like one of the coolest things you can do is launch a missile at Jupiter and it becomes this thing that on launch nights families gather in the backyard in breath in that air with the warmth of summer but a tinge of the season ahead and you lean on your dilapidated log fence and stare up through a break in the tree and you watch that rocket fly and fly high and it pelts Jupiter and you watch it pelt that motherfucker like a motherfucker never been pelted before. It’s s tradition now and the world is a better place for it.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
That's how you start alien wars.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Wasabi the J posted:

That's how you start alien wars.
Yeah, but those little green fuckers had it coming.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Humans coming together to destroy another planet seems on brand.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
They should make like a special MOS in the Army and it’s job is to find the single most racist person in the Army each year and then that person gets labeled as biggest racist in the Army for that year and then dishonorably discharged. Like really simple quality of life improvements.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Cenen posted:

They should make like a special MOS in the Army and it’s job is to find the single most racist person in the Army each year and then that person gets labeled as biggest racist in the Army for that year and then dishonorably discharged. Like really simple quality of life improvements.

They kinda did that with that Carrier show

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

They kinda did that with that Carrier show

I didn’t watch it long enough I guess. I just remember the E-6 getting jacked up for adultery

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

Pine Cone Jones posted:

While it's only been a week or so since I started these anxiety meds, they seem to help, also, they get me supremely hosed up on three beers, which is ridiculous.
Dang. Well at least you're saving on beer money? Since I started my anxiety meds a month and a half ago, my tolerance has remained the same, but: if I push through and keep drinking longer than usual, I get shakes now, and it's unpleasant.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Jimmy Smuts posted:

Dang. Well at least you're saving on beer money? Since I started my anxiety meds a month and a half ago, my tolerance has remained the same, but: if I push through and keep drinking longer than usual, I get shakes now, and it's unpleasant.

It could be me cutting back on drinking even more since the pandemic started too, but the meds have definitely had their effect.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

GD_American posted:

I didn’t watch it long enough I guess. I just remember the E-6 getting jacked up for adultery

You should absolutely get on watching the rest of it, then.

Or, screw it, binge the whole thing from the get go, so you get the maximum payoff from the sexual assault awareness officer superstar

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

GD_American posted:

Dude walks up to a black dude and straight up says I'M A RACIST

The guy's self-control must have been of the gods

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
If I was rich I would have a guy with a screwdriver attached to his arm live in my mansion to fix things and fend off people I don’t like. Fancy m.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
buying a cocktail shaker was a drat good idea of mine, can't believe I didn't do it sooner

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
In English the bottom of a trophy and underneath a trophy are two different things and I think that fucks up the flow of the conversation because it aberration of the language. Tonal and lyrical travesty. The bottom of the trophy is where you put the scrawling on the plaque but underneath the trophy is underneath so it touch the table or desk.

Ok?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

What?

Did you have a conversation with a London trophy shop owner today or something?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Cenen posted:

In English the bottom of a trophy and underneath a trophy are two different things and I think that fucks up the flow of the conversation because it aberration of the language. Tonal and lyrical travesty. The bottom of the trophy is where you put the scrawling on the plaque but underneath the trophy is underneath so it touch the table or desk.

Ok?

No, the opposite reading is true!

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Cowboys the kind of people who ride not a town called Badwater and then like immediately drink the water. Like bruh just don’t.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Texas: Six flags -- one for each defeat.

A state proud to get it's rear end kicked.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
I’m sober but I have no idea where else to put this but I had an insanely bad day today and I was on the verge of posting in the help thread until I was able to talk it through in real life but since I’m feeling better now I want to highlight one of the few good things that have happened to me since last night.

Last night I had a dream that it was WWII but for some reason that I don’t think I even knew in the dream we had a temporary truce with the German Reich but the truce had definitely been called when they were on the back foot but like we shared bases and stuff. Why would I consider this a good dream you ask? Because I just spent the entirety of the dream being the biggest shitheel rear end in a top hat you could imagine to them the entire time. Just swinging on Nazis for the slightest things and rubbing it in how everyone knew that when the truce lifted they really didn’t have a chance left. Even others were like come on this seems like a little much at this point and every time I would just be like naaaaah and keep at it.

Basically I hope everyone can work through the bullshit life throws at them and they can find solace in a dream where you get to whoop on half defeated Nazis from the safety of the middle of a base and the most resistance you meet is a mild chiding.

Edit: I think I ruined a softball game at one point by beating the poo poo out of a Nazi shortstop for a reason I can’t even remember lmao.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Stultus Maximus posted:

Just re-watched Cowboy Bebop for the first time since it ran on Adult Swim like 20 years ago.
a) totally holds up
b) didn't know it at the time because I hadn't seen the movie but the show absolutely is built on the skeleton of Robert Mitchum's Out of the Past in just the best way
c) Out of the Past is a fine loving movie

did not expect the drunk thread to be a learning experience but here we are. thanks for this

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
I’m a little high but I think I honestly thought Rudolph Hess and Martin Bormann were the same person and now I’m super confused.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
If you work for the CIA do you get to take the drugs home? !

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I love my cocktail shaker.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
A version of football but each team gets 1 (one) hammer that can be held by any position on or off the field and the hammer can be used offensively but only if it was firmly in the poession of a player on the field at the start of the play but does not need to be visible.
It would be a game changer.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Drunk as gently caress in a long time, feeling good. No need for pain pills at all for my back if I'm wasted.

Perhaps that's not a good idea to do it too often.

Half time show was pretty good. Fiance driving home from the superbowl party at my sisters house so I can go hard tonight. Gonna grab another gin and tonic. This one's for my dad.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Cenen posted:

A version of football but each team gets 1 (one) hammer that can be held by any position on or off the field and the hammer can be used offensively but only if it was firmly in the poession of a player on the field at the start of the play but does not need to be visible.
It would be a game changer.

i had the same idea, except one person on each team gets a metal trash can lid and a pool cue

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Costco has soju now fuckkkkmm

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

GD_American posted:

Costco has soju now fuckkkkmm

Like Kirkland signature soju?!?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Well I'm hosed lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Martini recipe:

5 oz Plymouth gin kept in freezer
½ oz Lo-Fi sweet vermouth kept in fridge
Citrus peel garnish (squirt of appropriate fruit juice if unavailable)

Stir in cocktail shaker, pour, enjoy.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Martini recipe:

5 oz Plymouth gin kept in freezer
½ oz Lo-Fi sweet vermouth kept in fridge
Citrus peel garnish (squirt of appropriate fruit juice if unavailable)

Stir in cocktail shaker, pour, enjoy.

Sweet?!?!

I've never done a martini with sweet vermouth, only dry and sometimes blanc.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
You could make money if you extorted the Mafia.

Edit: Harness frame vest that has a robotic arm on the should that can have a gun attached that is then controlled by a guy back at the base.
It could shoot around corners or come up over a berm and tell you when and where to shoot while you stay down.
Make money selling that.

Cenen fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Feb 18, 2022

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Cenen posted:

Edit: I think I ruined a softball game at one point by beating the poo poo out of a Nazi shortstop for a reason I can’t even remember lmao.

Living the fuckin dream.

I had a dream I was back in my guard unit but I knew I didn't have to be there; they just kept insisting I show up etc etc.

I spent the whole time just hanging around, talking poo poo, and smoking everywhere, just waiting to get yelled at but it never happened.

Last I remember there was a convoy and some poo poo broke down and people started getting extra army, so I said "gently caress this" and I was pretty happy about it.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Feb 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2tUOQrkjhg