Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Greg Legg posted:

the media is already talking about omicron reinfections so how the gently caress

Shame on people that still fall for The Hill.

Edit:
I love you covid thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V69C37noXyk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Bullfrog posted:

habitual herman cain posters are loving annoying, if you say anything implying vaccines arent enough they call you an anti vaxxer right winger. they have brain worms

I am thankful not to expose myself to this, it's bad enough occasionally running into the false dichotomy betwen 'vaccines are all bullshit' and 'anything to suggest vaccines alone aren't enough is heretical' in real life. It's strange that there's a weird consensus on this being the stark black-and-white nature of the idea, that it's all-or-nothing on vaccines, apparently across a majority of the US political spectrum. We can't loving agree on whether a pandemic warrants any public health response at all, or if the pandemic even exists and is real, but apparently a staggeringly massive proportion of people are damned sure that it 100% boils down to whether or not people get vaccinated.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
when you've got that natural immunity and don't want the medic with the vax needle to get any closer

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
it'd be funny if humans have 9 lives like cats but for COVID infections instead. infection number 9 or 10 and we effectively die

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Louisgod posted:

it'd be funny if humans have 9 lives like cats but for COVID infections instead. infection number 9 or 10 and we effectively die

Jokes on covid, I'm already effectively dead

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007

Louisgod posted:

At this rate we'll have pretty solid numbers on that hypothesis in about a year, maybe two while the stats nerds try to extract data from the plurality of states that have made covid stats reporting confidential and illegal to share with the public.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Shady Amish Terror posted:

We can't loving agree on whether a pandemic warrants any public health response at all, or if the pandemic even exists and is real, but apparently a staggeringly massive proportion of people are damned sure that it 100% boils down to whether or not people get vaccinated.

If COVID wasn't a matter of personal choice (getting the vaccine or not), then something would have to be done that is more powerful than personal choice, and every message for everything else treats personal choice is the end all be all solution to everything.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Greg Legg posted:

the media is already talking about omicron reinfections so how the gently caress

everything the cdc says was meant for sometime last year

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
It's gonna be darkly funny when Pillowpants makes his covid roundup and half the map is blank because NO DATA

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ah yes the very efficacious 3 month vaccines

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

triple sulk posted:

god yes, give me the rat covid

Pizza Rat working on its comeback

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Whats the deal with booster banditing these days? I held off on a second booster thinking I'd wait for an omicron-specific one, but it's been close to six months since my first booster.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Deleted after getting thoroughly roasted lol

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Zisky posted:

Shame on people that still fall for The Hill.

Edit:
I love you covid thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V69C37noXyk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G6ro-c0C5E

it's on us to do what we gotta do to survive

Shifty Nipples fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Feb 4, 2022

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

McCracAttack posted:

I tried a 3M Secure Click respirator last summer but it got uncomfortable after about 4 hours of wear (the head straps specifically). I switched to Auras after that and those were comfortable all day. Since the availability of Auras is spotty I'd feel better if I had a more comfortable respirator as a backup.

Any suggestions on what I should try next?

6502 crew

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Dog Case posted:

Jokes on covid, I'm already effectively dead

I have died inside my heart

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Zisky posted:

Whats the deal with booster banditing these days? I held off on a second booster thinking I'd wait for an omicron-specific one, but it's been close to six months since my first booster.

Get a booster without delay.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
Elastomeric question: are there any ways to get rid of that rubbery new mask smell?

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm only a little dead. I'm physically impaired from how often I was sick as a child, I'm fairly determined to outlive this poo poo regardless of everything that keeps getting thrown at me in this stupid bullshit demon cracker nation.

So I guess leave me any messages you all want me to carry forward a hundred fifty eighty couple of decades to humanity's extinction.

E: I mean, that was a joke, I'll probably get stabbed death by a member of my household in the next two years in a heated political debate over child labor, or something, but I still don't plan to roll over and die easy for loving hellworld.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I want the rat roni

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

Yup, this is where we're all headed. Flying through the plaguelands in the dark, forever

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

spaceblancmange posted:

Deleted after getting thoroughly roasted lol

nice, nice

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

People with IT skills are in very high demand right now and the best way to get a raise is to switch jobs

The problem with leaving any IT job for another is you get to deal with the horrible mess that the last IT person just abandoned.

It's never not a horrible mess.

"Everything was on fire when I got here."

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:crnasickos:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1244709744180371457

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Lmao it never fails to amaze me

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Platystemon posted:

Get a booster without delay.

Yeah that's what I thought.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Failson posted:

The problem with leaving any IT job for another is you get to deal with the horrible mess that the last IT person just abandoned.

*looks at current fire I'm trying to escape from*
:tif:

That tracks

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

Spergin Morlock posted:

pretty sure the powers that be would legit rather have a million additional covid deaths than have a repeat of last summer

I have wondered how much of all this is a punishment for that

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
how long should i wait between booster 1 and 2

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Korean Boomhauer posted:

lol

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Korean Boomhauer posted:

roughly 69 days

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Getting whiplash from how rapidly I go from "everything is so loving stupid and I hate it" to "everything is so loving stupid and it owns lmao" throughout the day

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Failson posted:

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Korean Boomhauer posted:

I got my first dose December 2020, second dose Jan 2021, both Pfizer, and a Moderna "first dose" August 2021 before boosters were officially allowed. So I'm almost to the six month mark from my last booster and I expect my protection has dwindled to basically nothing. I don't plan to get another booster. I could, nothing is stopping me, but I'm not going to bother until there's something better available than the current original-recipe Pfizer and Moderna. I'm relying on my respirator rather than my immune system.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bubonic plague v2.0

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Korean Boomhauer posted:

Three months is the shortest any nation I know of does between shots two and three.

That’s a good guess, IMO, confirmed by the falloff seen in efficacy against symptomatic disease at ten weeks in the UK.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Korean Boomhauer posted:

https://twitter.com/MerylSwanLake/status/1470377624132370434

Don't think you're going to get a good answer unfortunately. However think neutralization data studies as in the example above suggest less than 3 months.

edit: ^^^^^ oh wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

RBC posted:

have they considered just not having the olympics because its loving stupid

not even china is powerful enough to stand against the ioc