Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

somepartsareme posted:

I want to say that Carne wouldn't have risen so high in the organization with a stand that does nothing, but keeping someone around just for the threat of sending them to kill themselves at someone sounds like something that would happen in Jojo

The Boss respects suicidal loyalty, what can I say.

A hitman who is basically 100% guaranteed to take out any conceivable target even if they die in the process is also nice to keep in your back pocket, even if it's only a one-time thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Carne is not only a high-ranking member of Pasione, he works directly for Diavolo, something only his most deadly and hosed up hatchetmen have achieved.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He is extremely deadly and probably pretty hosed up.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
He's also extremely dead because he got extremely hosed up. :v:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Did Notorious BIG survive Made in Heaven?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

The Shonen Jump app just alerted me to Chapter 9 of Stone Ocean being made available today; did I completely miss the news that Part 6's official manga localization began last week?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I just got the alert too, didn’t even know they finished Part 5. Guess I know what I’m buying next week

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I don’t think they finished Part 5? Shonen Jump only has 33 chapters available and volume 4 drops in like 2 months. It seems Part 6 is just being done out of band with the Part 5 release for whatever reason because I see that the next chapter of Stone Ocean drops in 7 days, but Golden Wind doesn’t have an ETA for the next chapters.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah it looks like they just started Grateful Dead, weird

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
https://mangadex.org/title/0bcaec95-cb20-4a71-98f2-982a5a849f41/fading-lights

New fan series starring an adult Shizuka in 2017 NYC.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

2017? Now hold on a minute...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's been going on for a while, you probably just missed it

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Joseph making it to 97 against all odds and outliving his grandson and great-granddaughter sounds about right.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'm just wondering if we're in a wonderful world or they just kicked continuity to the kerb for this story

Anyways the first chapter was cool is not particularly special. I'm curious to see how it plays out though, invisibility by itself seems kinda prosaic in Jojo and I can't really imagine how it could do the real galaxy brain nonsense you expect from a Stand battle but I'd love to see them try

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

At the very least this shows a mastery of "bystanders flipping the gently caress out over weird, strangely specific things" which is intrinsic to Jojo.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Yep, the Jojo Bystander Effect is still in full effect god bless them

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Did she make the piss vanish or what?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
No it was jellyfish

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Funky Valentine posted:

Joseph making it to 97 against all odds and outliving his grandson and great-granddaughter sounds about right.

Everytime Death shows up Joseph executes the Joestar family secret technique.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

SKULL.GIF posted:

Frankly I have no clue what was going on with the piss.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Manga Thread - have no clue what was going on with the piss

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So are any of these side mangas actually considered canon?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
no

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
yes

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

No, unless Araki in part 9 or somewhere else says. "Yes the Hol Horse and Josuke manga happened."

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Invisibility is a fun power to write because it's an inherently useful ability with a ceiling that doesn't veer into completely overpowered.

Plus I do think having it on a baby who can't control it but making it basically adopted by the Joestars with no follow up might be the biggest opportunity that was never followed up on in the series.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

All the new comics are canon.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Canon is fake, everything is real in your heart

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Does Canon even mean anything in JoJo?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm not convinced that individual parts are in continuity with each other.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I love that she kept the sunglasses.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Schwarzwald posted:

I'm not convinced that individual parts are in continuity with each other.

The main parts have always been informed by the previous parts even if you don't want to think of them as a uniform canon, I guess the difference here is that it seems like it might be disregarding Stone Ocean altogether and be an alternate sequel to DiU?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

SKULL.GIF posted:

SHIZUKA: No see I made the piss invisible before I sat on it
JOSUKE: The piss is still on your pants
SHIZUKA: No it was invisible

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is this a fan comic like being officially distributed as a spin-off or is it a fan comic like just some random person's fanfic thing

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Canon is a meaningless construct of the mind. A completely western one too.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Is this a fan comic like being officially distributed as a spin-off or is it a fan comic like just some random person's fanfic thing

No it's a fanfic.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

odd numbered parts canon, even parts aren't.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
But even parts are the good ones?! :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
But are these more or less canon than Kars on Mars?