Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Sleeping Sigma posted:

That Chinese mobile game, New Century, is teasing new Digimon made for it. Apparently, they announced last year they would be making new designs based on the Shan Hai Jing

Is Akatorimon finally getting a Perfect of its own?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

quote:

Cool Boy
[On Play] Reveal 3 cards from the top of your deck. Add 1 Digimon card with [X-Antibody] in its traits and 1 Option Card with [X-Antibody] in its traits to your hand. Place the remaining cards at the bottom of your deck in any order.
[Your Turn] When one of your Digimon digivolves into a Digimon of the same level with [X-Antibody] in its traits, you may suspend this Tamer to gain 1 memory and <Draw 1>.

[Security] Play this card without paying its memory cost.

quote:

X Program
If you have a Digimon with [Dex] in its name, you may use this Option card without meeting its color requirements.
[Main] Delete 1 Digimon without [X-Antibody] in its traits. If both players have 3 or more digimon in play in total, delete all Digimon without [X-Antibody] in their traits instead.

[Security] Delete 1 Digimon without [X-Antibody] in its traits

Who can forget the third character from Digimon Chronicle, Cool Boy.

X-Program is cool asymmetrical boardwipe though

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It's a literal Wrath of God.

That's amazing.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

thetoughestbean posted:

Who can forget the third character from Digimon Chronicle, Cool Boy.

X-Program is cool asymmetrical boardwipe though

Wasn’t his name Shinji or something? Why is he just called Cool Boy here?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Shinji get in the goddamn Antibody

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Digimon Survive still isn't out I realize

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Burkion posted:

It will never be.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Digimon survive until the next game comes out.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
I think they said they’re gonna talk about Survive during DigimonCon at the end of the month. Hopefully there’ll be a trailer, but I’d take just a release date announcement.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

It's a literal Wrath of God.

That's amazing.

No, its a plague wind, which is even better!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Wasn’t his name Shinji or something? Why is he just called Cool Boy here?

"Shinji" is a fan-made name, like "Hiro" for the Digimon World 1 protagonist. He never got a proper name, so he's just クールボーイ (Cool Boy) like how Mameo is アナログの少年 (Analog no Shonen, Analog Youth).

Burkion posted:

Abandon all hope.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

quote:

X-Evolution
|X-Antibody|

If you have a Digimon with [X-Antibody] in its traits in play, you may use this card without meeting its color requirements.

[Main] Reveal 3 cards from top of your deck. 1 of your Digimon may digivolve into a card with [X-Antibody] in its traits among them without paying its memory cost. Trash the remaining cards. Then, place 1 card with [X-Antibody] in its traits from your trash under 1 of your Digimon with [X-Antibody] in its traits as its bottom digivolution card.
---
[Security] Reveal 3 cards from the top of your deck. Add 1 card with [X-Antibody] in its traits among them to your hand. Trash the remaining cards.

This is absurd for a lot of reasons, one of which is that Black has ways to check what the top cards of the deck are

quote:

Alphamon: Ouryuken (BT9-111) <01> SEC
Mega | Vaccine | NO DATA/Royal Knight/X-Antibody
Digivolve: 3 from [Alphamon] with [Ouryumon] in its digivolution cards
---
[When Digivolving] Delete all of your opponent's Digimon with the highest play cost.
[End of Your Turn][Once Per Turn] You may return up to 7 non-Digi-Egg cards with [X-Antibody] in their traits from this Digimon's digivolution cards to the bottom of their owners' decks in any order to gain 1 memory for each card returned.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I really don't get why Alphamon Ouryuken has that bizarre evolution clause instead of just being a Jogress, a mechanic the card game already supports.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Power creep in this game's getting wild quickly. This game's gonna burn itself out in just a couple years at this rate.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Blaze Dragon posted:

I really don't get why Alphamon Ouryuken has that bizarre evolution clause instead of just being a Jogress, a mechanic the card game already supports.

Well in Chronicle the fusion isn’t a jogress, it’s Alphamon wielding/absorbing the data of the dead Ouryukenmon, and mechanically it’s because getting two level sixes on the field is pretty hard to do. Putting an Ouryukenmon under an Alphamon, on the other hand, is exactly in that deck’s wheelhouse.

There’s only one level 7 that uses jogress/DNA, Ordinemon, and that’s meant to be used in a deck that already supports jogress

girl dick energy posted:

Power creep in this game's getting wild quickly. This game's gonna burn itself out in just a couple years at this rate.

This isn’t necessarily an example of that. The card is good but only in a specific deck built around it. It’s less generically playable than most other level 7s

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

thetoughestbean posted:

This isn’t necessarily an example of that. The card is good but only in a specific deck built around it. It’s less generically playable than most other level 7s
I more meant the X-Antibody type as a whole. It's going to very quickly crowd out all the non-X decks if they keep getting this level of synergistic support (especially once X-Antibody mons come into play that get support from other archetypes too). And while that's some great verisimilitude, it doesn't bode well for the long-term health of the game.

Edit: Calling it now, there will at least be a period of time where the two top decks are "X-Antibody" and "evolution-source hate, specifically to counter X-Antibody".

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

girl dick energy posted:

I more meant the X-Antibody type as a whole. It's going to very quickly crowd out all the non-X decks if they keep getting this level of synergistic support (especially once X-Antibody mons come into play that get support from other archetypes too). And while that's some great verisimilitude, it doesn't bode well for the long-term health of the game.

Edit: Calling it now, there will at least be a period of time where the two top decks are "X-Antibody" and "evolution-source hate, specifically to counter X-Antibody".

I don’t really agree. It’s good, yeah, but it’s slow and probably isn’t going to get more support for a bit. Red/black BlackWarGreymon is probably a better deck already in black. I just don’t think it’ll be tier zero, at best high tier one, kept in check by two other decks

https://twitter.com/digimonweb_net/status/1489373134692118528?s=21

thetoughestbean fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Feb 4, 2022

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I know no one besides myself gives a poo poo about these but made one of my Sprite DIM Card style charts for the first time in months, this time for Patamon;

with the evolution paths past Adult going as such;

Angemon-> HolyAngemon Priest Mode, HolyAngemon Battle Mode, Shakkoumon

Pegasmon-> Tylinmon, HolyAngemon Priest Mode, Kumbhiramon

Gargomon-> Shakkoumon, HolyAngemon Battle Mode, BlackRapidmon

Prairiemon-> BlackRapidmon, Kumbhiramon, Tylinmon

HolyAngemon Priest Mode-> Seraphimon, Sleipmon

HolyAngemon Battle Mode-> GodDramon, Seraphimon

Tylinmon-> Sleipmon, GodDramon

Shakkoumon-> GodDramon, BlackSaintGalgomon

BlackRapidmon-> BlackSaintGalgomon, Sleipmon

Kumbhiramon-> BlackSaintGalgomon, Seraphimon

this one was overall not too difficult to do(me cheating a little by treating HolyAngemon's two modes as distinct Digimon definitely helped), though I did have to get creative in parts, after this will be Plotmon and then I'll have all the Adventure partners done, and then maybe I'll cover the rest of the Digital Monster & Pendulum era Childs

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I’d have Daemon as a one of the megas, myself, given that it’s supposed to be a fallen Seraphimon

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

thetoughestbean posted:

I’d have Daemon as a one of the megas, myself, given that it’s supposed to be a fallen Seraphimon

He's someone I'm probably going to save for when I get around to doing a chart for one or more of the Demon/Undead oriented Child stages, the nature of these charts(there's a lot of Digimon lacking in sprite art* out there) means there's going to be repetition assuming I do enough of them but I want to try and minimize that where possible, hence why I didn't use Daemon or say ShadowSeraphimon(or for that matter why I didn't use Unimon for one of the adults)

*Rhinomon, Mimicmon, and Manticoremon had all been potential candidates for this chart prior to me discovering a lack of sprites for the three of them

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I can't believe they took this long to give the normal Starmon a card. Even XW Starmon and Superstarmon had cards already. My boy got done dirty but finally he got something!

https://twitter.com/digimon_tcg/status/1489433536851587072?t=KkSL626X0KTpjRbVc098gw&s=19

...it's a vanilla. Of course it is.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/mas_square/status/1489233895656935424

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Burkion posted:

Picked up the two Cyber Sleuth games on steam; I wonder if I can get through both of them before Survive comes out

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

MechaX posted:

Picked up the two Cyber Sleuth games on steam; I wonder if I can get through both of them before Survive comes out

Well, you probably have an eternity there so unless you're a very slow player, yes.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

quote:

MetalPiranimon
Mega | Virus | Aquatic/X-Antibody

[When Attacking] You may play a Digimon card with [Piranimon] in its name from this Digimon's digivolution cards without paying its memory cost.

quote:

Piranimon (BT9-026) <01> C
Ultimate | Virus | Sea Animal
---
<Rush>
A reminder that Rush is essentially Haste from MtG

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

That'd be much more terrifying if Piranimon wasn't a Perfect with only 7k DP (and no X-Antibody trait itself).

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

girl dick energy posted:

That'd be much more terrifying if Piranimon wasn't a Perfect with only 7k DP (and no X-Antibody trait itself).

Think of it as like a temporary security attack +1, which actually doesnt sound amazing so never mind

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

mandatory lesbian posted:

Think of it as like a temporary security attack +1, which actually doesnt sound amazing so never mind

It’s better because an extra Security Attack doesn’t win you the game but an extra body might

These are both common for a reason, they aren’t that good, but they’re neat and I like them

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Ghost Game 17: Wait, hold on, what the gently caress? You can do that? WHOA did that suddenly go places. Putting aside that the episode was both scary and strong (they paced it like a thriller) and it had an extremely strong showing from Jellymon (who was already the best character), the way the final fight scene played out was not in a million years how I expected it to go down. I am now even more interested in seeing where this series is going to go.

Also I am poised for the next episode, for a couple of reasons…

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Can’t wait to watch the episode

quote:

DinoTigermon
Ultimate | Data | Ancient Beast/X-Antibody

[Digivolve: from [SaberLeomon] for 1]

[When Attacking] When this Digimon has a card with [Leomon] in its name or [X-Antibody] in its Digivolution Sources, suspend 1 of your opponent's Digimon or Tamers.

[Your Turn] (Once Per Turn) When your opponent's Digimon or Tamer is suspended, you may unsuspend this Digimon.

quote:

Ground Fang

[Main] Return 1 of your opponent's suspended Digimon and Tamer each to the bottom of deck.
---
[Security] Perform [Main].
I’m not sure if I showed off the Leomon or Panjyamon X cards, there seems to be a blue/green Leomon deck. I can’t say it looks particularly good, but it’s possible to build now.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So Adventure 2020 is getting a dub at some point I guess:

https://twitter.com/joshuaseth/status/1490041397684146180

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Best wishes to the voice actors, and I hope they get a nice paycheck for their voicework.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’d much rather they adapt Appmon or Ghost Game instead honestly (actually I would probably take Young Hunters over Adventure 2020) but it is what it is.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Larryb posted:

I’d much rather they adapt Appmon or Ghost Game instead honestly (actually I would probably take Young Hunters over Adventure 2020) but it is what it is.

It's not the actor's fault if the higher ups are morons.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Omnicrom posted:

It's not the actor's fault if the higher ups are morons.

Fair point

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Adventure: definitely had its moments, and it's not surprising that they'd want to dub it since a 67-episode show in a proven franchise is probably an easy sell. Now it's over, it feels like a show very suited to running in repeats forever on TV - you could change the channel to whoever's airing it, catch an random episode or two, and enjoy them as much as if you'd seen every episode.

This week's Ghost Game, on the other hand, was possibly my favourite episode of the show so far. The atmosphere of threat and dread it built up was brilliant, and the story was interesting too.

1st Stage Midboss fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Feb 7, 2022

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

1st Stage Midboss posted:

Adventure: definitely had its moments
It did, and it's the first cour.

I'll definitely end up watching the first 16-18 episodes of the dub, but I can't see myself holding on much past that.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Feb 7, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kind of curious who’s going to handle the dub to be honest (possibly the same group behind the Tri and DALEK adaptions). I’m assuming they’ll be putting it up on Netflix or something like that.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

1st Stage Midboss posted:

Adventure: definitely had its moments, and it's not surprising that they'd want to dub it since a 67-episode show in a proven franchise is probably an easy sell. Now it's over, it feels like a show very suited to running in repeats forever on TV - you could change the channel to whoever's airing it, catch an random episode or two, and enjoy them as much as if you'd seen every episode.

This week's Ghost Game, on the other hand, was possibly my favourite episode of the show so far. The atmosphere of threat and dread it built up was brilliant, and the story was interesting too.

The ending was kinda silly but it's pretty par for the course for this series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

quote:

GrandDracumon BT9-079
Mega | Virus | Dark Animal

[When Digivolved] You may play 1 Lv.3 Purple Digimon card from your trash without paying its memory cost.

[End of Attack] (Once Per Turn) You may digivolve 1 of your other Digimon into a Digimon card with [Undead] or [Dark Animal] in its traits from your trash without paying its memory cost.