Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Have they confirmed if the pr will have all the extra content and qol changes from subsequent ff6 ports?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

QOL changes most likely, extra content no, based on the fact that none of the others had the GBA dungeons etc.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Calaveron posted:

Have they confirmed if the pr will have all the extra content and qol changes from subsequent ff6 ports?

They haven't confirmed anything officially.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Hell, 4 and 5 don't even have UI colour change options that the original games did.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Calaveron posted:

It is extremely unlikely that the FF6 PR will have any extra content at all. None of the other ones did.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Twelve by Pies posted:

I must have missed the part in FF9 where Beatrice wanted to tentacle bang all the women in the party.

Now I'm reminded that Hyadain did a really catchy song about Ultros being a sex pest.

It's really catchy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=260oetpb9mM

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Harrow posted:

It is extremely unlikely that the FF6 PR will have any extra content at all. None of the other ones did.

Not until later, when they re-add the cut content to each game as a paid DLC.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Reminds me a lot of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8vz186pjY0

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
If you're talking about the songs, that's good because it's the same person making both.

I dunno about the animation, though.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Other things they did years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw9nhpZc2x8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSNJ9KcOnF8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y604QjwzmRI

And a whole lot more.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

MatchaZed posted:

Hell, 4 and 5 don't even have UI colour change options that the original games did.

The gently caress. That's the first thing I changed

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

on my phone to this day rests mp3 youtube rips of Hyadain covers taken years ago

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Evil Fluffy posted:

:catstare:

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

None of the content is any good, anyhow

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Yeah I’m not bothered by the lack of extra content. It was just fluff to sell the GBA ports and as far as I care, it’s not part of the game.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Ultros is a poorly written character that was probably shoe horned into the story late in development.

When finished, FFVI PR will completely remove Ultros from the game in favour of a new human character called Iscar Matthias. Iscar is from Judas Iscariot, and Matthias was the apostle chosen to replace him. These names were chosen to be symbolic of the character's betrayal, and change into a valued ally. Iscar will change and grow as a character. At first he will be a simple Gestahlian spy, dedicated to his job, but over time, he will come to understand that he is working for the wrong people and change sides.

He will never stop being a pervert.

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Feb 7, 2022

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It will be funny when the FF6 PR takes as long as all the other pixel remasters together to come out but still has all the same spell effects

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I dug the ff2 epilogue with all of the dead player characters but the fact that I can't remember a single thing about the gameplay of that part speaks volumes

Wouldve been cool if they could have added the GBA jobs to 5 in places where they made sense to go

The bonus content for 1 and 4 was super lame though

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

pretty soft girl posted:

I dug the ff2 epilogue with all of the dead player characters but the fact that I can't remember a single thing about the gameplay of that part speaks volumes

Wouldve been cool if they could have added the GBA jobs to 5 in places where they made sense to go

The bonus content for 1 and 4 was super lame though

The ff2 post game area was some of the worst grinding in the world bc you started with characters with the same stats as when they died so theyd get creamed when you tried the palace. I loving hated it.

Granted i was a child so maybe there was some secret i didnt get back then

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

mandatory lesbian posted:

The ff2 post game area was some of the worst grinding in the world bc you started with characters with the same stats as when they died so theyd get creamed when you tried the palace. I loving hated it.

Granted i was a child so maybe there was some secret i didnt get back then

No secret, you have to survive with finite resources until you make to the town, and then after that in the palace you eventually find custom made overpowered equipment for everyone that maxed your stats and trivializes the combat.

It's grindy and sucks without a map, but it's short and the idea of that content was cool at least. I'll still take it over the side content for 1 or 4.

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 7, 2022

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Beat the Yuffie DLC. Did not expect the final fight to be against the stupidest looking villain of all time from the worst FFVII spinoff of all time, but there it was.

The after credits scene with the main squad kinda makes up for it though~

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003

Harrow posted:

It will be funny when the FF6 PR takes as long as all the other pixel remasters together to come out but still has all the same spell effects
FF6 is probably the only (FF)game where the spell animations are something I remember and enjoy. I am expecting them to be the same as the others, but man will it still be a disappointment.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Harrow posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if they use spell effects, or parts of them, for stuff like Sabin's blitz attacks. As much as I like the remasters it is very clear they cut corners when and where they could and the generic recycled spell effects are part of it.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Not like we should be expecting too much effort for not even a half-priced game. It still seems worth it for the fifth(?) time.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Gaius Marius posted:

The gently caress. That's the first thing I changed

There's mods for it, just like the fonts, but SE really didn't want anything but one specific idea of how it was supposed to look, which sucks.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Hyadain has done a lot of video game vocal remixes and while Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest are the two he's done the most of, he's also pretty internet famous for the Super Mario World Atheltic song, and even did one for Romancing SaGa, which is the only track he's done with an actual woman singing (as the voice of Sif).

He was also the villain in the Ressha Sentai ToQger movie, but his most famous work outside of his video game remixes is almost certainly both Nichijou opening songs.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

His MM2 songs are also pretty baller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7rufCsLoi4

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Wolfsheim posted:

Beat the Yuffie DLC. Did not expect the final fight to be against the stupidest looking villain of all time from the worst FFVII spinoff of all time, but there it was.

it owns

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Yura? More like Yura dumbass

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Don't knock it until Yeul try it.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I left my loving Genji glove on Locke fml

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Gaius Marius posted:

https://guides.gamercorner.net/ffvi/relics/genji-glove

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

's what you get for trying to put lipstick on a pig

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Since this is kind of a general Square-Enix thread and I haven't seen it mentioned here, Voice of Cards 2 is coming out in the next week apparently. I'm pretty excited since I loved the first one, even if it was way too easy.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Wolfsheim posted:

Did not expect the final fight to be against the stupidest looking villain of all time

Next time you should play it with your monitor on!!!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Wolfsheim posted:

The after credits scene with the main squad kinda makes up for it though~

The FF7 EU stuff is really dumb but I enjoyed all of that DLC, including the final boss. It was a challenging fight but not super hard.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/final-fantasy-vi/id1492041539

Releases Feb 24

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

ultros front and center. :golfclap:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

The release date is not on that page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I’m looking at it right now and it says:
“Coming Soon”
“Expected Feb 24, 2022”