Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

gently caress now I'm even more mad that Yuugai Shitei ended.

author clearly has good taste in Jojos :colbert:

EDIT: gently caress I JUST got the King Creamson joke :vince:

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

lmao, this manga is hilarious

FrenchPress
Apr 1, 2011

Hero Detective Nick

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

UnderFreddy posted:

Come now, it's only polite to link to it.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/d16b6614-97c8-472e-b4a1-0d99d2300047/1

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Nitrousoxide posted:

Come now, it's only polite to link to it.

Yea but then nobody would ask about it. You want people to REPLY to your posts, don't you?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Like, comment and subscribe!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

UnderFreddy posted:

eminence in shadow is phenomenal yeah

just bullshitting his way through life, and all his bullshit happens to be true, it's great

the entire current plotline happening literally just because he thought it would be cool to do it is a perfect example of why EIS rules

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

.ND

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

:allears:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

I always appreciate these kinds of messages

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Nemo2342 posted:

I always appreciate these kinds of messages
Where's that from?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Where's that from?

The latest update of Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru (also an anime this season).

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

The Gentle Younger Boyfriend Who Keeps Pestering You About Finishing Sekiro

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
alright thats a title worth clicking

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

LMAOOO

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Apr 29, 2023

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

It's a really good gag

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Sekiro isn’t beatable. Sick of manga having ridiculous fantasy premises

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Guys Literally Only Want One Thing And It's loving Disgusting

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

7c Nickel posted:

Like, comment and subscribe!

tfw u post 🔥🔥🔥 in the panels thread

and it gets ignored

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

[Image of Bakune Young]

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

I. M. Gei posted:

tfw u post 🔥🔥🔥 in the panels thread

and it gets ignored

I can't speak for everyone, but the lack of a source is the main reason I ignore posts in here. If I see something that looks interesting, I'll want to go check it out. If there's no source, I am way more likely to just scroll on by and forget about it.

You say you're trying to provoke responses and discussion out of people, but literally the only line of discussion that can be had is "Where'd that come from?" That doesn't exactly start a conversation. If you post a source, you might find that people will post back and say, "Oh, I took a look at this thing, and it was funny/awful/life-changing/etc." and then you might be able to say something in reply to that, and then you may have an honest to god dialogue going. Does that sound appealing at all?

The "Post Funny Panels" thread in BSS serves a similar purpose to this one, and they've had a requirement for people to post their sources for ages. It works great.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I too wish to understand kawaii. Where can I learn more?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Nipponophile posted:

I can't speak for everyone, but the lack of a source is the main reason I ignore posts in here. If I see something that looks interesting, I'll want to go check it out. If there's no source, I am way more likely to just scroll on by and forget about it.

You say you're trying to provoke responses and discussion out of people, but literally the only line of discussion that can be had is "Where'd that come from?" That doesn't exactly start a conversation. If you post a source, you might find that people will post back and say, "Oh, I took a look at this thing, and it was funny/awful/life-changing/etc." and then you might be able to say something in reply to that, and then you may have an honest to god dialogue going. Does that sound appealing at all?

The "Post Funny Panels" thread in BSS serves a similar purpose to this one, and they've had a requirement for people to post their sources for ages. It works great.

Sorry, I didn't mean that as an actual complaint. I just added it as a snarky line to go with that panel since it fit the context pretty well. :v:

You can probably tell from the art style, but that panel is from the same comic as the ones I posted earlier on the previous page, but I left it out of that post because I felt like I'd filled it up with enough panels already, and because that particular panel didn't really fit in with the rest of them thematically. So I used the convo about getting replies by not posting sources as an excuse/jumping-off point to put it in a separate post.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
CHANGE UP!!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The 100 Girlfriends Who Really Really Really Really Really Love You

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 7, 2022

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

100 Girlfriends is amazing and chock full of great gags, but I do wish the American girl would either go away or ease up a lot on the stereotyped dialog. It's super grating to me and she always lays it on way too thick. Although I'm from Texas and have traveled around the South a lot, and so I've spent tons of time around people who actually talk that way in real life, so I may be more sensitive to it than most.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

I. M. Gei posted:

100 Girlfriends is amazing and chock full of great gags, but I do wish the American girl would either go away or ease up a lot on the stereotyped dialog. It's super grating to me and she always lays it on way too thick. Although I'm from Texas and have traveled around the South a lot, and so I've spent tons of time around people who actually talk that way in real life, so I may be more sensitive to it than most.

iirc her dialogue as it presents in the translation is almost entirely on the part of the translators, as literally translating her proved too difficult. I think they have translation notes in her introduction chapter about that.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I. M. Gei posted:

The premise requires that she remain to the end :twisted:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

I. M. Gei posted:

Remember, she's actually Rawhide Kobayashi. A Japanese so obsessed with America, they became it. If you're cringing at her, it's working. But she's also a true love soul mate so we don't ask her to change.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
"I hope to live safely in another world"

I just like that his solution to being told he's too weak to break a barrier is to dump a bunch of bugs on it

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
My favorite shoujo manga, 2 A

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
You should read Dandadan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

You can tell the author of DanDanDan has done a lot of anatomy study - lots of dynamic poses