Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And here’s a subbed version of the cut Cure Precious cameo:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lC00rcq9HuY

Also a tribute to our favorite adorable useless seal child:

https://twitter.com/Nikof_Time/status/1487473804834222081

Anyway, Tropical Rouge had some issues here and there but I thought it was a fun ride overall and I’m really going to miss this cast. A pity it’s looking at the moment that Delicious Party won’t be getting an official release but there’s always fansubs.

So with another season done and dusted what did you all think of it overall?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jan 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Good, but not great. The overall plot was pretty thin and the central theme was okay but never fully explored all that deeply. To a certain extent it's the same with the cast, this wasn't the best or most impressive team of Cures the franchise ever mustered, but they were still really fun and Laura definitely carried a lot of the show. On the whole Tropical Rouge seemed quite content to just run episodes of the cast doing things and getting into shenanigans and rely mostly on their charm and the infectious energy of the whole shebang to carry it.

And overall I would say it did, I had a lot of fun and I would gladly recommend it to anyone interested in the franchise. At the same time, this is a show that feels like it came up just a wee bit short. It's certainly not dethroning my top three seasons, I'll say that much. So there you go, good, but not great.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Omnicrom posted:

Good, but not great. The overall plot was pretty thin and the central theme was okay but never fully explored all that deeply. To a certain extent it's the same with the cast, this wasn't the best or most impressive team of Cures the franchise ever mustered, but they were still really fun and Laura definitely carried a lot of the show. On the whole Tropical Rouge seemed quite content to just run episodes of the cast doing things and getting into shenanigans and rely mostly on their charm and the infectious energy of the whole shebang to carry it.

And overall I would say it did, I had a lot of fun and I would gladly recommend it to anyone interested in the franchise. At the same time, this is a show that feels like it came up just a wee bit short. It's certainly not dethroning my top three seasons, I'll say that much. So there you go, good, but not great.

Yeah, it was kind of like Smile in that regard only with less individual character development (Laura and Asuka were probably the best in that sense, Manatsu was a fun lead, Minori had her moments, and Sango was ok but I personally found her the least interesting of the main cast as the show went on and felt her character arc sort of regressed a bit during her last focus episode)

Also while I liked Laura’s plan in the finale to set things up ahead of time so she could quickly regain her memories (thereby destroying the memory machine via the power of friendship), I felt it was handled sort of abruptly and would have liked to see more of the resulting fallout. The whole deal with Cure Oasis and the Witch was also decent albeit a bit rushed overall.

For the most part I like what I see of Delicious Party so far so hopefully that’ll turn out decent at least.

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

Omnicrom posted:

It's certainly not dethroning my top three seasons, I'll say that much.

Well, now you've got my curiosity running -- what are your top 3?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Tropical Rouge had a good beginning, so-so middle (probably due to the pandemic shortened season/Olympic Break) and a great end. Not quite as good as Star Twinkle or Kira Kira of later Precure but still a real good series.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Malsangoroth posted:

Well, now you've got my curiosity running -- what are your top 3?

Heartcatch, Gopri, and Hugtto in some order.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Omnicrom posted:

Heartcatch, Gopri, and Hugtto in some order.

You have good taste my friend (though I personally also enjoyed Suite, Smile, Fresh, and Splash Star a fair bit as well)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Speaking of Tropical Rouge - D4DL collab event https://twitter.com/D4DJ_gm/status/1486172041011150850

Oh hey I hear you like Heartcatch too - https://twitter.com/D4DJ_gm/status/1488708752853254145

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

We’ve got some titles for Delicious Party now:

https://twitter.com/precurenews01/status/1488908240867917828

Seems Cure Precious will be riding solo for the first 3 episodes (which I think might be the longest stretch in Precure history if I remember right)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Delicious Party movie will release on September 23rd (meaning no All Stars movie this year either as those usually come out around March/April):

https://twitter.com/precurenews01/status/1489121381032001537

Now only question is will it be another teamup or will we actually be getting a proper solo movie for a change (if the former I’m betting on Smile returning given the pattern so far)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Here’s our first look at Delicious Party’s OP (looks pretty good honestly):

https://youtube.com/watch?v=L3xOGDQJYBw

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Feb 5, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And literally at the last minute, Crunchyroll has finally announced they’re subbing the new season:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2022/02/05-1/crunchyroll-adds-delicious-party-pretty-cure-to-simulcast-lineup

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Good news as I was worried we'd be back in Precure jail again

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Watched the Delicious Party premiere, pretty good start honestly. The characters seem fun (and much like her predecessor Yui seems pretty strong even out of uniform), the action is decent and unlike KiraKira there’s a decent amount of physical combat, the OP and especially ED are great, and the concept of the narrator being Yui’s grandmother seems interesting.

Based on the OP it’s pretty clear that Takumi is getting some kind of power of his own eventually, I’m curious how that’s going to work and what his transformed state will be called.

But yeah, so far I’m fully on board with this

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

My one point against the first episode: Yui didn't get smacked in the head by her fairy. Heck, I don't think she suffered any cranial trauma, that's not how you introduce a lead Cure!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Omnicrom posted:

My one point against the first episode: Yui didn't get smacked in the head by her fairy. Heck, I don't think she suffered any cranial trauma, that's not how you introduce a lead Cure!

Yeah, even last season Manatsu got smacked by her luggage and again later when she pulled Laura out. I think Yui may be the first lead Cure to avoid any cranial injury (which is weird honestly)

Also really Toei, “Gentlu” is what you’re going with here? I’m gonna keep calling her “Gentle” personally.

On another note, Takumi seemed to recognize Rosemary somehow. Wonder what that’s about

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Feb 6, 2022

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

Also really Toei, “Gentlu” is what you’re going with here? I’m gonna keep calling her “Gentle” personally.

It's part of the name scheme. Their names like their gang end in Lu/Ru.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

500 Kilocalorie punch is the best attack

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's part of the name scheme. Their names like their gang end in Lu/Ru.

Ah, that makes sense then

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Larryb posted:

Yeah, even last season Manatsu got smacked by her luggage and again later when she pulled Laura out. I think Yui may be the first lead Cure to avoid any cranial injury (which is weird honestly)

Not counting her hair, Hanna (Hugto) didn't get a wallop on the nogin, iirc.

Mostly cause that would be because being walloped by a baby (and hence walloping the baby a the same time) is not really funny.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Feb 6, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ConanThe3rd posted:

Not counting her hair, Hanna (Hugto) didn't get a wallop on the nogin.

Mostly cause that would be because being walloped by a baby (and hence walloping the baby a the same time) is not really funny.

True. I forget, did Mirai get smacked by something in Maho Girls either for that matter?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Talking about first-episode traditions, Manatsu didn't really do the jump and Yui did.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yui also did the classic Futari Wa wall jump too!

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Larryb posted:

Based on the OP it’s pretty clear that Takumi is getting some kind of power of his own eventually, I’m curious how that’s going to work and what his transformed state will be called.

After much consideration I would like to option a potential name: "Tuxedo Mask"

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I am basically convinced now that Gentlu will eventually switch sides and become our fourth Cure (she sucks at her job and seems to have a code of ethics, that just screams “face turn” to me)

Also thanks to the “Delicious Field”, we seem to be returning to the secret society level crime fighting of the old days where the public is largely ignorant of the Precure’s existence.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 6, 2022

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

I can't believe Bundoru has cancelled Taco Tuesday

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami
I'm glad that this Precure season is getting official subs because I was going to attempt to watch it every week instead of finishing after it's over like I usually do with longer series.

Phuzzy posted:

I can't believe Bundoru has cancelled Taco Tuesday

Rude

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yuu Morisawa posted:

I'm glad that this Precure season is getting official subs because I was going to attempt to watch it every week instead of finishing after it's over like I usually do with longer series.

Rude

Crunchyroll also has Futari Wa (or “Pretty Cure” as it’s listed on the site), KiraKira, Healin Good, and Tropical Rouge available for free if you haven’t seen any of those yet

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

Larryb posted:

Crunchyroll also has Futari Wa (or “Pretty Cure” as it’s listed on the site), KiraKira, Healin Good, and Tropical Rouge available for free if you haven’t seen any of those yet

I started some of those but haven't finished yet because it's hard for me to watch a lot of episodes at once and eventually I just stop and forget about it for a long time :laffo:

Gonna try to finish Futari wa soon tho (and the rest eventually of course)

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Yui's transformation had me going for a minute. I thought she ate Koume.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Courtesy of the Precure Discord Server it appears we already have a leak for our midseason Cure (not sure if she has a name yet) along with the final form of human KomeKome:

Cure #4:

Civilian Form:

Fully Grown KomeKome:

Interesting design, though based on her human form I’m not completely sure whether it’s Gentle or a brand new character entirely.

Also I find it hilarious that Toei did their damndest to keep this show under wraps for so long only for the midseason Cure to leak literally a week after the first episode airs

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Feb 11, 2022

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Guessing like the last few seasons the mid-season info is in one of the electronic toys so once those hit the market all bets are off

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Guessing like the last few seasons the mid-season info is in one of the electronic toys so once those hit the market all bets are off

True, it’s just that this one seemed to come out particularly fast in my opinion (doesn’t appear that we have a name to go with the design yet though)

Edit: I take that back, Cure Cosmo in Star Twinkle got leaked before the series even started if I recall correctly

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Feb 11, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Magical Cinnamon just posted a video featuring a full body picture of the new Cure (around 4:08 in the video).

Seems she’s actually not purple but surprisingly enough a White Cure instead:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=a3NVb_keS64

So according to the one that datamined this her Cure name is Cure Finale (and she seems to be based on Italian desserts) and her real name is Kasai Amane (which still doesn’t rule out Gentle as that could be her real name or a name she comes up with after defecting, plus the two have the same basic eye, face, and hair shape)

Full body image of the new Cure:

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Feb 11, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Back to the show, that was kind of a suggestive looking monster by Precure standards. Fun episode overall though (I especially enjoyed Yui punching a bomb and teaming up with Rosemary by the end of the fight).

I like that they’re actually giving the current cast some time to breathe before jumping over to the next Cure (and in this case, Yui gets to go solo for 3 whole episodes counting the current two)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Feb 13, 2022

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

BUY OUR STUFF

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

One thing I will say about this show is that they need to scale back on the narration a bit (particularly during the silent emotional scenes that stand perfectly well on their own)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Phuzzy posted:

BUY OUR STUFF

This is every Kids shows though
Although bringing back the watch gimmick from Yes brought a smile to my face!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Unrelated but fun fact I just discovered: Sailor Mercury has played 3 different Precure over the course of the series (her original VA was Moonlight, her Crystal VA was Peace, and her Viz actress was Beauty/Breeze in the Glitter Force dub)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Thanks to someone hacking the Heart Cure Watch we now not only have proof that the aforementioned Cure Finale pictures were legit but also some voiced dialogue from her as well:

https://www.reddit.com/r/precure/comments/svxq2v/delicious_party_4th_cure_voicelines/

Sounds like Gentlu’s VA to me honestly

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Feb 19, 2022