Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

The paneling is superb in general and the rate at which the author and his assistants crank out amazing 2 page spreads in incredible. You can reliably expect one, usually two every chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

:hmmyes:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
can't believe it all ended like this

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
It's over? I followed it until the translator I was using dropped it.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
It is not over afaik, this is just one girl's fantasy of the future

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

So who's fault was it she wasn't popular?

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
Not hers

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Haven't you read the title? It's you guys' fault.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

You know an image is evocative when you can hear the thwack.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Stop making me miss baseball!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

:boom:

God of earth is also superior to the Goddess of Gaia who has the shittiest security out there.

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Feb 11, 2022

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Brought To You By posted:

:boom:

God of earth is also superior to the Goddess of Gaia who has the shittiest security out there.

Yeah it was a good :drat: moment.

For anyone not reading it, the series is In Another World Where Baseball is War which is a mildly horny but otherwise great baseball isekai.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I've been wondering if they ever made a literal fantasy sports series.

Do the fantasy elements ever factor into the game?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

In a world where baseball plays a pivotal role in people's lives, teams compete against each for supremacy, using spiritual and magical moves, as well as robots. Recently, a powerful demon took control of the land, and some humans began using the art of baseball for evil purposes. The malevolent Dark Baseballer has been terrorizing innocents, and it is up to a group of young people to restore justice.

Nekketsu Legend Baseballer (1995, PC Engine)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Doc Hawkins posted:

In a world where baseball plays a pivotal role in people's lives, teams compete against each for supremacy, using spiritual and magical moves, as well as robots. Recently, a powerful demon took control of the land, and some humans began using the art of baseball for evil purposes. The malevolent Dark Baseballer has been terrorizing innocents, and it is up to a group of young people to restore justice.

Nekketsu Legend Baseballer (1995, PC Engine)

This is extremely my poo poo, Dark Baseballer hell yeah!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

I've been wondering if they ever made a literal fantasy sports series.

Do the fantasy elements ever factor into the game?

So far just basic racial qualities; being fast, strong, having good smell, two fliers.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Barkley HOOPZ SaGa manga when?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Being able to throw a slider is described as having secret military technology

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Death to the vegetable kingdom!

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Nemo2342 posted:

Yeah it was a good :drat: moment.

For anyone not reading it, the series is In Another World Where Baseball is War which is a mildly horny but otherwise great baseball isekai.

All I can think when I read this is that the world would immediately devolve into stochastic terrorism.

It's *so* sad that someone set fire to your star player before the big game. But that's a criminal matter, nothing to do with our state sanctioned baseball war.

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012
I gave up on it for exactly that reason, when the second opposing team decided "no reason to be good sports lol," and sent someone to burn down the protagonist's town in the middle of the night a month before their match.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

7c Nickel posted:

All I can think when I read this is that the world would immediately devolve into stochastic terrorism.

It's *so* sad that someone set fire to your star player before the big game. But that's a criminal matter, nothing to do with our state sanctioned baseball war.

Technically that kind of thing isn't allowed by god, but god can only see through the eyes of the fairies so stuff does get by unless you can present solid evidence. Not really an issue with the baseball players since the fairies are always hanging around the teams, but it does make other parts of your town vulnerable, especially if you're a place like Freedom that's been reduced to nothing but kids and the people too feeble to be worth enslaving.

I think the bigger issue is the fact that god doesn't seem to punish people for throwing games or trying to rig the playing field, but I guess the manga has to have something to provide tension.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Solid evidence of what? The point of stochastic terrorism is that Bill O'Reilly can scream about Tiller the Baby Killer every night and then act shocked when anyone mentions that that might be related to him getting murdered.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

7c Nickel posted:

Solid evidence of what? The point of stochastic terrorism is that Bill O'Reilly can scream about Tiller the Baby Killer every night and then act shocked when anyone mentions that that might be related to him getting murdered.

I’m just going off the text in the manga, where after the rabbits burn down part of freedom the response from the fairy is that this poo poo happens because they don’t have (hard) evidence to bring up to god because they didn’t catch the culprit.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
It's an interesting cosmology because one god is literally omniscient at least of everything that's happened in his own world but the goddess has a really gimped way of keeping tabs on the mortals. Because the Fairies aren't drones or impartial observers, they are able to pick sides in a conflict which makes pinning down troublemakers problematic.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

just hit the cool fun naked tentacle harassment page in that manga so, no thanks. i didn't mind the concept though.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The Hell-Lord remains the best character in Time for Torture, Princess.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
It's just the one joke, but by Satan, it's the best.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I couldn't get into Billy Bat because it was looking like it was going to rely a whole lot into the main character(s) conveniently remembering plot-essential things about their past episode after episode (not even in a repressed memories kind of way, just in a "the plot says I should remember this just now" kind of way) similar to how it went on in 20th Century Boys, but there ain't no such thing as a bad Urasawa panel

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
billy bat was kind of up its own rear end the whole time, but it still urasawa so it's better than most manga anyway.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

billy bat was kind of up its own rear end the whole time, but it still urasawa so it's better than most manga anyway.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

billy bat rules

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Srice posted:

billy bat rules

Goddamn I forgot about that

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Srice posted:

billy bat rules

All i can hear is "Hey Winston! Pedal faster!"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

spy x family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666