Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

This poor person is about to run into a lot of inexplicable sex danger

I really like Yasuho's overall role, but drat, it was getting ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Torquemadras posted:

This poor person is about to run into a lot of inexplicable sex danger

I really like Yasuho's overall role, but drat, it was getting ridiculous

Anime Directly to Readers Worldwide > Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Manga Thread - inexplicable sex danger

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Found a jojo reference while crate digging

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

If I had a nickel for every time Michel Polnareff was referenced in a Japanese comic, I'd have two nickels.

Which isn't a lot but it's weird that it's happened twice.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1493284001091567623?t=nyvE6bObl9Tu-xw2KWGwew&s=19

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Is this the next part?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

No, it's an English release of the Rohan one shots that Araki's done throughout the years.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
But I've already read those :(

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejbTkRThQtg

back from the dead, probably adding more characters based on it having 50 now.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Hopefully they completely revamp Gappy, I think Jojolion was only a year old when the game first came out? lots to add

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Is that Josuke's new VA?

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
I'd rather they just make a good game instead.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

They need to re-release the 2D fighter for PS1.
Not that I care, I went out of my way to find a physical copy :negative:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if it's playstation only and not on pc then it's probably dead in the water anyways lol

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

oh it's apparently coming out for everything

nice

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hope they add Cato and her victory quotes are just her explaining different recipes.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They should add Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do as a fighter

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wonder of U about to make Pet Shop look fair and balanced.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Ryaomon posted:

I'd rather they just make a good game instead.

Apparently the remake will "reinvigorate the experience with adjustments to the fighting tempo and the addition of hit stops and jump dashes."

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
We gonna get Eiffel again?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i was expecting some halfassed spitshine port when i first saw the trailer, but with all the poo poo they're doing literally all we need confirmation of at this point is rollback netcode and it might be a genuinely interesting release that could have some legs

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

They'll probably add the remaining Eyes of Heaven characters so it'll end up being two or three new characters

I don't feel like this timeline is generous enough to give us Doppio, Part 8 Kira, and Foo Fighters in the same game

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Mar 10, 2022

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They cut Baoh how could they

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

zetamind2000 posted:

They'll probably add the remaining Eyes of Heaven characters so it'll end up being two or three new characters

I don't feel like this timeline is generous enough to give us Doppio, Part 8 Kira, and Foo Fighters in the same game

They should really

Go Beyond

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Actually, if I remember correctly most of the characters in the original game unlocked by fighting them in the story mode so if they rework the story modes it'll probably be Foo Fighters for Part 6, Diego for Part 7, and Yotsuyu, Damo, and Tooru for Part 8. Trish and Weather Report are almost certainly getting added so that leaves us with two characters and if Part 8 gets more attention I think it'll be Jobin and Mamezuku

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

zetamind2000 posted:

Actually, if I remember correctly most of the characters in the original game unlocked by fighting them in the story mode so if they rework the story modes it'll probably be Foo Fighters for Part 6, Diego for Part 7, and Yotsuyu, Damo, and Tooru for Part 8. Trish and Weather Report are almost certainly getting added so that leaves us with two characters and if Part 8 gets more attention I think it'll be Jobin and Mamezuku

With Mamezuku being one of the main bros, I'd sooner expect him over Yotsuyu.

I really hope Damo gets in, though. One thing ASB was good at was implementing weird gimmicks for stands, such as Pucci reciting the 13 words, Koichi and Johnny evolving their stands, etc

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Didn't the single player offline mode of the original have a mobile game stamina system?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I'm guessing Yotsuyu mostly because there were a lot of unlockable Yotsuyu voice clips in Eyes of Heaven. It feels like he was planned to be in that game at one point so it would make sense if he's here

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Waffleman_ posted:

Didn't the single player offline mode of the original have a mobile game stamina system?

I think that was Eyes of Heaven? Not sure. Lmao at the game based around 2v2 matches not having local multi-player, too.

zetamind2000 posted:

I'm guessing Yotsuyu mostly because there were a lot of unlockable Yotsuyu voice clips in Eyes of Heaven. It feels like he was planned to be in that game at one point so it would make sense if he's here

That's actually a great point. If I recall, Abaccio was also planned for EoH but got canned, so they could probably salvage some of those assets, too.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Eyes of Heaven has 52 playable characters (not counting the DLC of part 4 Jotaro).

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Waffleman_ posted:

Yes. CC2 is a really really bad dev team so even with promised improvements don't hold your breath.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Two new characters confirmed, Trish was a given but Prosciutto's a total surprise

https://twitter.com/Vishkujo/status/1501704773292199937

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Ryaomon posted:

Yes. CC2 is a really really bad dev team so even with promised improvements don't hold your breath.

In their defense that seems like something that would have been mandated by the publisher.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also I feel like nowadays, CC2 can be pretty counted on to get you that Just Good Enough 7/10 Anime Fighter With Great Graphics that you need for cheap.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

CC2 can make some pretty cool stuff when left to their own devices. Extremely talented graphics+animation teams too.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

curious if the ASB rerelease will rip out the weird stamina system for the campaign mode or whatever the hell was going on there

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

saw “new JoJo fighting game” and was super excited then I saw that it was just a port of All Star Battle :effort:
at least it probably won’t take 10 years to load a single match now?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Johnny Joestar posted:

curious if the ASB rerelease will rip out the weird stamina system for the campaign mode or whatever the hell was going on there

https://www.dualshockers.com/jojo-all-star-battle-r-remaster-removes-story-mode-changes-explained/
apprently the dumb Campaign mode has just been straight up removed and instead all the story battles and bonus missions are just collected in a single “All Star Battle Mode” with no stamina system

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i mean honestly i was kind of down about the initial release of ASB but they seem to be doing so much for this rerelease that this is actually kind of exciting

apparently prosciutto is getting added and i have to wonder what the gently caress they'll do for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
My reaction when ASB is being updated and rereleased on multiple platforms