Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

projecthalaxy posted:

Its really a shame they didn't teach Tien the kaio-ken i feel he would have gotten real weird with it

I love tien but he would explode all of his bones on purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
yeah it would own

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

kaio-ken with multiform would make for some pretty cool possibilities, but it seems way too math for toriyama

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

projecthalaxy posted:

Its really a shame they didn't teach Tien the kaio-ken i feel he would have gotten real weird with it

It was literally his plan that never took off. He said he was going to learn King Kai’s moves then put his own spin on them.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
If Tien was dead for longer than like a week he could have been far more relevant in future arcs from actually learning even one move from King Kai.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Black August posted:

The cold stone facts of Dragon Ball is that Bulma is THE main character, but she was smart enough to recognize that she could let the monkey boy take the slot while she prospered with wishes and hot alien husbands.

This is why Goku dies in the canon future, and Bulma survives. Please notice that when Bulma finally does die, the universe is deleted shortly after.

Yeah the canon future is that goku does after beating the shadow dragons

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Or does he…..?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

khwarezm posted:

If Tien was dead for longer than like a week he could have been far more relevant in future arcs from actually learning even one move from King Kai.

Imagine doing the tiny Spirit Bomb but with four hands and then you do Yamcha's crazy spirit ball poo poo with them

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

What if Tien Kaio Ken's his multi-forms and they also grow arms

Hell that might actually work

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

TheHan posted:

I love tien but he would explode all of his bones on purpose.

And then turn the bone fragments into pellets for a shotgun skill

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tien can learn whatever he wants, he'll never surpass the strongest human, Krillin

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Namtab posted:

Like I feel that people who think Gohan should fight more don’t actually understand his character

The problem isn't that Gohan doesn't fight enough, it's that he goes out to fight anyway, completely halfasses it because he doesn't actually want to be there, and gets his rear end kicked in humiliating fashion. Then he proclaims that he's gonna train harder and that next time, next time, he'll do better

Yeah, he doesn't like fighting and doesn't want to fight, he wants to be a scholar and spend time with his family. But if he's gonna keep going to fights anyway, he needs to find a better balance than doing push-ups between lectures and then flying out on his day off to get lasered half to death by an evil alien

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

projecthalaxy posted:

he'd die

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
tien is a noob

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

But it would be really cool

He would multiform and kaio-ken, then Shin Ki Ko Ho and murder himself in one attack

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 16, 2022

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

dr.acula posted:

I've always wanted to see him do a Tri-beam with one set of arms and then use the other pair to layer another Tri-beam ontop of that

It would be really cool if he used one set of arms to grapple someone, and then used the other arms to Tri-Beam at point blank range. Of course, if this happened...

dr.acula posted:

This kills the Tien

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Tien is that guy who takes glass cannon too literally

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Tien's head is too full of eyes to contain thoughts about how not to die.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

A redone Cell arc where he actually sells himself as a threat beyond Frieza, by being a technique monster who constantly combines everyone’s secret moves in insane ways, would be a pretty cool watch.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Black August posted:

A redone Cell arc where he actually sells himself as a threat beyond Frieza, by being a technique monster who constantly combines everyone’s secret moves in insane ways, would be a pretty cool watch.

.. How come Cell can't Kaio- Ken?

I know "techniques" aren't genetic but for some loving reason Cell can do Kamehamaha waves and solar flares so clearly their genes carried those techniques apparently in the Z universe.

Is it because Kaio-Ken Cell would loving wreck SSJ2 Gohan?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Black August posted:

He combines Saiyan God modes with Golden Frieza mode to form the ultimate fighter. Only way to beat him is to exploit the whistle weakness from his Namekian DNA.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
kaioken is a technique of king kai and king kai did not teach it to cell

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Goku didn't invent the Kamehamaha

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Could you use kaioken in the afterlife? Do you have bones to break in the afterlife?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Master Roshi didn't fuckin teach Cell the Kamehamaha

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Maybe Cell could use the Kaio-Ken and Spirit bomb but didn't because he simply didn't know they existed, like its a bit of a plot point that he doesn't seem to fully understand his own abilities and potential.

Not that the idea of learned skills somehow becoming part of someone's genetic makeup makes any sense regardless but whatever.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
a computer cant teach you the kaioken

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
but it can teach you the Kamehamaha

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Electric Phantasm posted:

Could you use kaioken in the afterlife? Do you have bones to break in the afterlife?

I feel like it would be overpowered as hell because you are just a soul

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Goku uses it with super saiyan in the Otherworld Tournament filler so maybe?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Does Other-World work like Spirit World in YYH where you lose your body completely?

For that matter where the hell did Goku's body go? Did they bury Goku when he died?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
maybe cell follows super saiyan rules and he would explode trying to stack kaioken on top. or his weird bug body isn’t kaioken compatible.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

TulliusCicero posted:

Does Other-World work like Spirit World in YYH where you lose your body completely?

For that matter where the hell did Goku's body go? Did they bury Goku when he died?

goku was allowed to keep his body because kami asked king yemma very nicely

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

TheHan posted:

maybe cell follows super saiyan rules and he would explode trying to stack kaioken on top. or his weird bug body isn’t kaioken compatible.

He regenerates faster than Piccolo though

If anything his body just heals the Kaio-ken strain repeatedly

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

TulliusCicero posted:

IIRC Goku's body just straight up vanishes after Piccolo kills Raditz.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Cell would just explode and then get a zenkai boost and become more powerful anyways

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Electric Phantasm posted:

IIRC Goku's body just straight up vanishes after Piccolo kills Raditz.

It probably teleported to Other World so he could keep it

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TulliusCicero posted:

I know "techniques" aren't genetic but for some loving reason Cell can do Kamehamaha waves and solar flares so clearly their genes carried those techniques apparently in the Z universe.

Solar Flare is according to Krillin super easy. Which is why both him and Goku copied it from Tenshinhan.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Solar Flare is according to Krillin super easy. Which is why both him and Goku copied it from Tenshinhan.

Which is bullshit because Goku isn't even bald

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

TulliusCicero posted:

Toriyama had probably forgotten Kaioken existed by then

It's a shame, Kaioken Cell would've been a pretty cool threat. Its primary drawback was damaging the user's body if they cranked up the power too much, but given Cell's immense regeneration power, that wasn't much of a showstopper for him. It could have been a good thing to bring in during those periods where Cell was overall weaker than the protagonists, but was still scary enough to be a real threat if he caught someone by surprise or needed to make a quick escape.