Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MonsterEnvy posted:

He offered them one chance to leave, or they would be forced. It's possible they stayed anyway. They could also be new sorcerers who are not into the whole killing game thing.

I was thinking new sorcerers too, they didn't have choice when it came to participating, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Electric Phantasm posted:

I was thinking new sorcerers too, they didn't have choice when it came to participating, right?

Correct. Same with the Ancient Incarnated Sorcerers.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I mean the deal with Kenjaku has never been strength but that theyre ancient and they have more tricks and knowledge than practically anyone alive.

Hell kenjaku already outplayed Gojo and plunged all of japan into the culling game. We dont need more proof, Its clear theyre second only to sukuna in terms of being a threat.

Yeah that's true. I just want to see more from his bag of tricks.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Dhurv did not have a traditional domain. But his Cursed Technique was a poor match up for the Cockroach here. But the Cockroach is special grade, and has a scary cursed tool, so it could potentially threaten Okkotsu.
Also Reggie was easily a grade 1 Sorcerer. Domains are super rare, but a Cursed Spirit like this one has a good chance of having one and that can threaten Okkotsu

The Cockroach was hiding because it was at a disadvantage against Dhurv and only awoke because Dhurv had died. Now Cockroach is going to fight the person that apparently killed Dhurv in a 1 sided manner. I doubt it's at the same level as the calamity spirits.

Yes, I agree Reggie was grade 1. He seemed to be a really good match against Megumi even after getting caught in his domain. I wonder how Yuji and Megumi would do if they had switched opponents.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

yum posted:

Yeah that's true. I just want to see more from his bag of tricks.

The Cockroach was hiding because it was at a disadvantage against Dhurv and only awoke because Dhurv had died. Now Cockroach is going to fight the person that apparently killed Dhurv in a 1 sided manner. I doubt it's at the same level as the calamity spirits.

Yes, I agree Reggie was grade 1. He seemed to be a really good match against Megumi even after getting caught in his domain. I wonder how Yuji and Megumi would do if they had switched opponents.

The raws made it clear that Dhurv’s technique was a hard counter for what the Cockroach could do. While I doubt he’s as strong as the disaster curses, he could still have a domain and be very dangerous to Yuta.
As for Megumi and Yuji swapping opponents. I think that could have resulted in both of them dying.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Official

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1012737

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-174/chapter/23966?action=read

I didn't notice the skeleton in the speed scans, Jesus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM593a8Dv2M

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Kurourushi is gross.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I like the little touch of the Kogane having minor variations in how they look or present information to Takako and Ryu.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/420/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-175

speedscan

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jesus Christ Okkotsu

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Gnarly, though the art is kinda rough in this chapter overall.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I was right, Kurorushi put up a fight, but was defeated. Okkutsu may have some issues if his wounds keep stacking before he can heal himself.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Boss rush time

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Can Gojo do what Yuta does with reverse curse technique? Cause if it's that easy to exorcise special grade cursed spirits by piercing them with positive curse energy, why didn't Gojo instagib the disaster curses in Shibuya. Heck, he could've just walked up to them and tapped them in their incapacitated state post domain expansion. Only Maharoga and Yuta have displayed this ability so far.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

yum posted:

Can Gojo do what Yuta does with reverse curse technique? Cause if it's that easy to exorcise special grade cursed spirits by piercing them with positive curse energy, why didn't Gojo instagib the disaster curses in Shibuya. Heck, he could've just walked up to them and tapped them in their incapacitated state post domain expansion. Only Maharoga and Yuta have displayed this ability so far.

I think in Gojo's case his ability to use reverse curse technique is limited to fueling his Red (or blue I forget) cursed technique. The doctor at Jujutsu High should in theory be the third person able to use RCT offensively as she can apply it to others but she's a non combatant

RatHat posted:

Boss rush time
:getin:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

yum posted:

There may be a component of strength to that? Okkotsu was strong enough to force his reverse curse energy into this special grade cursed spirit, but the disaster grade curses were powerful enough to not be threatened by such an effort as there is no one strong enough to do so, even as strong a Gojo is. Just wasn't a viable plan against things of that capacity/nature possibly?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Gojo probably never needed to do so since The Infinite+Six Eyes is busted as poo poo anyway.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Yeah I think didn't they say that they were only able to seal him away precisely because he's always been coasting on just the fact that he outclasses everything else with minimal effort and never bothered much with training or refining his techniques?

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

You’re thinking of crocodile from one piece.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

yum posted:

Gojo can’t use RCT on others

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

JahRoo posted:

You’re thinking of crocodile from one piece.

No Crocodile is someone who was stated to have refined his abilities. Eneru was the guy coasting.

As Shown by Hidden Inventory Gojo did do some work to master his abilities despite being better then every one else.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The Notorious ZSB posted:

There may be a component of strength to that? Okkotsu was strong enough to force his reverse curse energy into this special grade cursed spirit, but the disaster grade curses were powerful enough to not be threatened by such an effort as there is no one strong enough to do so, even as strong a Gojo is. Just wasn't a viable plan against things of that capacity/nature possibly?

In order to do it he also had to bite into it’s head to send RCT into the brain.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Gojo not being able to use RCT on others is weird cause I thought the 6 eyes granted him ultra cursed energy perception + he knows how to use RCT (on himself). He should be able to manipulate cursed energy at a divine level. His name literally translates to enlightened. How come Yuta can use it but not Gojo!!

Vs the disaster curses, Gojo was detaching Jogo's limbs and head with his bare hands like it was nothing, perfect chance plop some positive energy in there, no cursed technique needed.

If Yuta was in Shibuya it would've been a steamroll. Kenjaku talking poo poo about Yuta cause he knew he was in another continent at the time

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

yum posted:

Gojo not being able to use RCT on others is weird cause I thought the 6 eyes granted him ultra cursed energy perception + he knows how to use RCT (on himself). He should be able to manipulate cursed energy at a divine level. His name literally translates to enlightened. How come Yuta can use it but not Gojo!!

Vs the disaster curses, Gojo was detaching Jogo's limbs and head with his bare hands like it was nothing, perfect chance plop some positive energy in there, no cursed technique needed.

If Yuta was in Shibuya it would've been a steamroll. Kenjaku talking poo poo about Yuta cause he knew he was in another continent at the time

Yuta is copying Shoko one of the few able to use RCT on others. Gojo also never touched Jogo in their first fight except to rip his head off he was bludgeoning him with Infinity. Also I doubt Yuta could use RCT on the Disaster Curses like he did on Kurorushi, who he did not easily nail with it.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
How I think of it is: cursed energy/techniques are shown to be a very instinctual thing. You either have the talent for it and get it right away or you have to work extremely hard at it. See Fushiguro still struggling with barrier techniques while Higuruma got it in about a week. It was hard enough for Gojo to learn how to use RCT on himself, and required him getting stabbed in the throat before he finally got it, so I assume using it on others the way Shoko and Okkotsu do is something he still needs to work at.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CharlestonJew posted:

How I think of it is: cursed energy/techniques are shown to be a very instinctual thing. You either have the talent for it and get it right away or you have to work extremely hard at it. See Fushiguro still struggling with barrier techniques while Higuruma got it in about a week. It was hard enough for Gojo to learn how to use RCT on himself, and required him getting stabbed in the throat before he finally got it, so I assume using it on others the way Shoko and Okkotsu do is something he still needs to work at.

Shoko also can’t explain how she can do it easily. Gojo said it early on Jujutsu is something like 80% innate talent. Like some Sorcerer’s are innately disadvantaged cause they lack an innate Cursed Technique.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The official translation is much cleaner.
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-175/chapter/24014?action=read

This also shows Okkutsu is not invincible like Gojo is.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Definitely Gojo's pupil with those savage physical attacks. More aftereffects of Gojo almost dying to Toji leading him to emphasize martial skill for all his students. I don't think the conservatives would even call Okkutsu a sorcerer if they saw this fight.

yum fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Feb 21, 2022

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

yum posted:

Definitely Gojo's pupil with those savage physical attacks. More aftereffects of Gojo almost dying to Toji leading him to emphasize martial skill for all his students. I don't think the conservatives would even call Okkutsu a sorcerer if they saw this fight.

Well Okkutsu was taught to fight by Maki and Miguel.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

very entertaining to have him go from "okay, I need to win without using x" only to get massively owned 5 panels later and be forced to use it. Glad he isn't invincible

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/428/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-176?2022-02-25

lmao of course his hair is the cannon

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Looks like Dhurv and Kurourushi were the ones Uro would have had problems with.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/737/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-177?2022-03-04

:sickos:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Gege's always good for a fight and so am I.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

This middle panel is really sick - it has such a great "feel" for the movement, I can see it animated before my very eyes

This whole fight has been good and I dont even necessarily like Okkotsu

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Uro seems difficult to deal with.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Watched the JJK movie today at the theater and the subtitles were nice enough to tell me that there was an after-credits scene.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Official
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-177/chapter/24108?action=read

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1012956

Really like that typesetting on "SHUT UP, DICKHEAD!"

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Early Chapter is out, we find out new Rika's deal.

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/1489/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-178

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oh my God that last page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is such a hype chapter.