Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

^^^ drat Nazi, couldn't even do his speech bubble right :mad:

Probably because her moves are fly on a level rivaling Harcourt's. They both obviously have some background in dance. And I really want to know if her double 🖕 in the intro is an adlib.

e: Rewatching the bit I just screenshot, looks like everybody is throwing up the double birds :(

Still think whoever was in the Vig suit was the best dancer. Stunt person, of course.

But my fav dance is the three cops. Man, they had a poo poo fate. It told a story, stern, then surprisingly sincere and emotional

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

jabby posted:

And Peacemaker's line at the end about why he rejected their vision ("Because they would have hurt you guys") is him expressly going back on his oath to sacrifice whoever he had to for peace. The only reason he thought that way before was because the only person he cared for was already dead.

I loved that was the redemption point for his character. Just learning to love his skwad. It's so simple, but absolitely fits for what is essentially a simple, absolutely hosed up man.

Inwardly groaning at a dozen comic book film writer teams mangling that into Peacemaker making a speech about human freedom and poo poo in the climax

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Warbird posted:

I will not permit any attacks against the best boy/bird and character in the show. Apologize to the eagle.

Eagly is neither a man, woman or child and so is expressly exempt from the original vow.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Khanstant posted:

oh yeah and im sure the fish rapist draws the line at lying. lol is this seriously the species youre going to stand by

The fish enthusiastically consent and also Atlanteans aren't human.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Good time for Wig Wam stonks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv3AyHcZmH8

Glad these guys are leaning hard into being the PM theme because they're actually really good and I hope they do well!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Vitruvian Manic posted:

Why would @pepelover88 lie?

Really I'm lowkey most excited for S2 just to hear what other insane conspiracy theories Peacemaker heard online about other heroes

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Warbird posted:

I will not permit any attacks against the best boy/bird and character in the show. Apologize to the eagle.

I'll apologize when he stops MISSING HIS MARK. :colbert:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Caros posted:

Aquaman can talk to fish. Dude totally gets consent. :colbert:

Yeah he could talk to them, that's why what he does is all the more evil.

Just Chamber posted:

You walking outside smiling mouth open while uttering "we deserve this" as a butterfly flies towards you.

Dude I'm over 30, I already lived more than Jesus anytime I go now won't be a shocking tragedy, I'm a walking mummy, not really a big difference if a butterfly or lung cancer gets me at this point. In any case, if aliens come to earth you can find ways to help them besides being a body host. Besides, helping out an alien is basically the same as helping out a "fellow" human. You don't share as much or any DNA, but you're actually composed of the same constituent atoms and particles, so much so that any distinguishing between any discrete objects or entities is basically illusory, an abstraction for convenience of biobound perceivers. Just saying you can choose to be on the same side as matter, let go of your petty attachment only to one very specific kind of matter arrangement, therefore, the cow good.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Khanstants gimmick is excellent. Butterflies killing humans = bad, but letting humans go ahead and kill the entire earth and every species on it = WORSE.

And it's not like they need to kill ALL the humans, just enough to stay in control of humanity and keep the peace. They can even live without a host anyway. And they didn't kill Judomaster because he was a comrade.

Wait, am I an ecofascist now?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Eco justice hero.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
In another week or so the thread title better be that Aquaman line.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

GreenMetalSun posted:

I think it's possible, within canon, to get more nectar or whatever. Surely there's Gorilla super science, Atlantean tech, or something in the Fortress of Solitude that can replicate it. On the other hand, it's not really that kind of show? I think the butterflies story is over, and everything that needed to be said got said.

Pumped for S2 though.

They should use that to reverse global warming lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I wonder if next season they'll contrive a way to get him new helmets. I loved the big reveal of what they each were. I almost expected Steve Agee to end up using the levitation helmet and hurt himself falling at some point, possibly when he crawled over with the torpedo helmet. Not actually sure what happened to levitation helmet now that I think about it, found it while he was dealing with his Dark Passenger but never got used?

Speaking of levitating, is it me or is kind of rude to float next to people standing? I know we have no established etiquette for people who can fly, but I feel like people hate being "hovered" over generally and Superman at the end was basically floating for no reason besides to show off. Maybe it's okay when you're in costume and on the job with other coworkers, but probably still awkward if you're in your civies chilling in a normal setting.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Khanstant posted:

Not actually sure what happened to levitation helmet now that I think about it, found it while he was dealing with his Dark Passenger but never got used?

Ghost Dad helped him find the sonic boom helmet that Eagley dropped. Levitation helmet floated up into the atmosphere and probably floats there still

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
For some reason Harcourt asking "Aimlessly?" all concerned after Chris reveals that it's a levitation helmet that makes you float was really loving funny to me.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The gag of the helmet just floating off was low-key but amazing.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I would guess the antigravity helmet has a limited charge like the sonic boom one and will eventually come hurtling back to earth.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://youtu.be/lS8p-J-vbAE

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I'm fully with Khanstant. This ending was so frustrating. I would gladly sell out humanity if it meant we could have someone who could save the planet. “Maybe you just gave us a chance to make our own choices instead of our bug overlords”. gently caress that. We never had a choice. It's the same bullshit that says that the reason the planet is dying is because individual people don't recycle. gently caress.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I like Vigilantes apparent super human ability to just take a nap.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
No, sorry, you don’t get a do-over because you hosed up your own planet. If you crash your car, you don’t get to just take mine because “Now I know better, trust me, bro!”

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

AceOfFlames posted:

I'm fully with Khanstant. This ending was so frustrating. I would gladly sell out humanity if it meant we could have someone who could save the planet. “Maybe you just gave us a chance to make our own choices instead of our bug overlords”. gently caress that. We never had a choice. It's the same bullshit that says that the reason the planet is dying is because individual people don't recycle. gently caress.

This would of been a better sell if we had seen any evidence of them actually accomplishing something other then, "we hosed up our planet but won't do the same to yours despite doing nothing but seemingly murder a bunch of people."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I don't know about you but I'm somewhat unwilling to take the word of an alien bug that would burrow into some kid's brain, killing said kid and then pilot the body around like a tiny man in Voltron without a second thought's word on what it has to say about the greater good.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Feb 18, 2022

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You
There's also zero guarantee that the butterflies would do any better. They already screwed it up once. Who's to say they won't do it again? And what gives them the right to do so?

Beside the ethical point and more to world building, I mean, in the DC universe, there's all sorts of super science that could save the world.

Plus, if we're talking about narrative reasons the butterflies were doomed, the Justice League arrived right after their defeat. If Peacemaker's team would have failed, I imagine they'd have finished it up for them after putting the pieces together.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Yea I kinda dont trust the invading aliens that say they are here for our interests yet are fine with borrowing into the skulls of human children to do this. I dont know what the future holds for humanity in regards to whether we'll somehow solve the clusterfuck we've created but I'm certainty not cool with murder to achieve that goal especially by an invading force where ultimately we don't know what their true intentions are. If you are then you're right alongside preshow Peacemaker and his creed of killing every man woman and child until world peace is achieved which is exactly why Peacekeeper kills them, he's grown as a character and knows that the person he was who believed such extremes was a damaged individual shaped by his father, In the same way the butterflies are damaged by the lost of their planet.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

If they were really serious about climate change, literally go take over the entire House of Representatives and Senate and get that poo poo sorted in a weekend with a bunch of laws. Then move onto the next country.

Or take over some children. Either one.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Pretty telling that the Justice League has taken so little action to prevent global warming that some space bugs had to step in and help.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Phylodox posted:

No, sorry, you don’t get a do-over because you hosed up your own planet. If you crash your car, you don’t get to just take mine because “Now I know better, trust me, bro!”
It’s this

They admit that they hosed up their own planet but are just like ‘trust us guys, we’ll do it right this time, we swear!’

They are also perfectly willing to kill scores of innocent people to get what they want so, probably not the best to rely on them to do things

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Phylodox posted:

Good point.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
And even if they did work it out, what then? I doubt any group that has collectively decided that hollowing out the heads of random people and piloting them like meat robots is an acceptable moral compromise is suddenly going to go "okay planet's saved let's live in harmony". More than likely the butterflies become the new ruling class and humanity gets babied for the rest of its existence, while any dissenters get sent to a literal farm upstate. Have to maintain that peace!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Is there anything she can't do? :allears:

https://twitter.com/Itsanniechang/status/1494765471945551873

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/jamesgunn/status/1494772448503508995?s=21

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

And even if they did work it out, what then? I doubt any group that has collectively decided that hollowing out the heads of random people and piloting them like meat robots is an acceptable moral compromise is suddenly going to go "okay planet's saved let's live in harmony". More than likely the butterflies become the new ruling class and humanity gets babied for the rest of its existence, while any dissenters get sent to a literal farm upstate. Have to maintain that peace!

I'd be 100% ok with this if it worked.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 18, 2022

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AceOfFlames posted:

I'd be 100% ok with this if it worked.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I mean it's not as if what we have now is better.

I just want to live in a world that won't end with us all dying screaming.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Feb 18, 2022

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I'm down for the internet to fall in love with Song/Goff and want an insane twin reveal in season 2 BUT I do feel like the guy who plays Murn isn't getting enough credit.

"EVERY TIME I TURN AROUND, ONE OF YOU IS DOING SOMETHING hosed UP!" is hands down one of the best cuts/deliveries in the show.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I love discovering new music that clicks, and I often find it in James Gunn's work. Here is the song playing last night during the montage: Apologize - The Last Vegas

VagueRant posted:

I'm down for the internet to fall in love with Song/Goff and want an insane twin reveal in season 2 BUT I do feel like the guy who plays Murn isn't getting enough credit.

Yeah, I thought he was fantastic and I was sad to see him go. His monologue at the start of episode 6 was terrific.

Hughmoris fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 18, 2022

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

VagueRant posted:

"EVERY TIME I TURN AROUND, ONE OF YOU IS DOING SOMETHING hosed UP!" is hands down one of the best cuts/deliveries in the show.
He’s good and he’s going to have a major role in Guardians 3 so we’ll be seeing plenty more of him

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

AceOfFlames posted:

I mean it's not as if what we have now is better.

I just want to live in a world that won't end with us all dying screaming.

As bad as getting a bug burrowing into your head while you’re alive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

CelticPredator posted:

As bad as getting a bug burrowing into your head while you’re alive?

Dont bother, you're not getting through to people that far gone

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Feb 18, 2022