Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Strange Quark posted:

a darker take than the mass genocide that already happens in the story?

I mean, if you make your focal point on the guy who actually sees his people go through said genocide and then embarks on a bloody trail of vengeance, I would wager it'd be a tint darker than the coming of age story of two plucky kids who are out to solve mysterious of varying levels of severity, even if they are missing about 65% of their body parts and have a dead mom

Fangz posted:

Is this not just a sequel to the live action movie?

I want to think that such a nightmare is an improbability, but that live action Kaguya-sama movie got a sequel, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont think its a sequel to the la movie, theyre positioning it as something new

quote:

Meanwhile, a new project for the 20th anniversary of the series has started! This new visual shows "Scar", a popular character in the original. He wears a deep hood, but his sharp red eyes, the cross scar on his forehead, and alchemy symbol carved on his right arm are all visible. Will Scar have an important role in the new project?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Forgall posted:

Do your legs get all hosed up when you become a vampire?

vampire? I thought it was about a prostitute :sigh:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Freakazoid_ posted:

vampire? I thought it was about a prostitute :sigh:

It's about a vampire and the middle school boy who's fallen in love with her

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
My favorite vampire is Seras from Hellsing

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

My favorite vampire is Jackie Daytona.

His folksy wisdom and keen grasp of the bartending arts gives him a certain charm, but there's always the mystery, you know?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

chiasaur11 posted:

My favorite vampire is Jackie Daytona.

His folksy wisdom and keen grasp of the bartending arts gives him a certain charm, but there's always the mystery, you know?

What the gently caress are you talking about? Jackie Daytona is just a regular human bartender (and master vocalist). There's absolutely nothing to show that he is a vampire. You're loving crazy. :colbert:

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
My favorite vampire is Count Duckula.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uWt5uXWUws

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I don’t remember hearing anything about Blue Period but Netflix was relentless in advertising it and it is pleasant. It’s not like showy but works well enough. Probably better as manga but I don’t have the power to read.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

kater posted:

I don’t remember hearing anything about Blue Period but Netflix was relentless in advertising it and it is pleasant. It’s not like showy but works well enough. Probably better as manga but I don’t have the power to read.

The manga's really good, with some gorgeous scenes and interesting use of art. One of the biggest things the anime loses, though, is the pacing. I forget the exact ratio, but there's something like four chapters an episode, and the chapters are about twice the standard chapter size, so the anime is really, really fast paced compared to the manga, skipping over major parts of the story.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Doodles posted:

My favorite vampire is Count Duckula.

He won’t bite beast or man, because he’s a vegetarian.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Whew, those eyes.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

The manga's really good, with some gorgeous scenes and interesting use of art. One of the biggest things the anime loses, though, is the pacing. I forget the exact ratio, but there's something like four chapters an episode, and the chapters are about twice the standard chapter size, so the anime is really, really fast paced compared to the manga, skipping over major parts of the story.

yeah i was worried that would be the case. the manga absolutely rules though. strong rec on that one

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
So the selling point of this show is that there's a girl, and she has more than one personality trait?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Forgall posted:

So the selling point of this show is that there's a girl, and she has more than one personality trait?

The kinda interesting thing about the manga is that the male lead is cute and clumsy and the girl has to save him all the time and look like a cool shonen protagonist doing it. I got bored with the manga, but it was fun for first few chapters.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Forgall posted:

she also shows forehead

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Chas McGill posted:

The kinda interesting thing about the manga is that the male lead is cute and clumsy and the girl has to save him all the time and look like a cool shonen protagonist doing it. I got bored with the manga, but it was fun for first few chapters.

The manga revitalises itself when their friend group comes into play more IMO.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

hachimitsu supremacy

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

one weird trick to make your romcom manga good: what if there were friends

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Forgall posted:

This is the selling point of the show.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

yeah.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Patware posted:

one weird trick to make your romcom manga good: what if there were friends
Girlfriend Girlfriend: what if your friends were harem

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

no.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

chumbler posted:

This is the selling point of the show.

Yes, please.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

haha

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

I Am Fowl posted:

Yes, please.

I want an actual shonen with this energy now. :)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

good news, it's a shonen

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
From what I’ve read Shikimori is good but I hate the localized title

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

I want an actual shonen with this energy now. :)

Have you ever read Chainsaw Man?

I think you might like the main heroine of that one.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Um, excuse me, Power is not anything like that. :colbert:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Dress up Darling was kind of eh this week. Though I did like that Gramps was an excellent wingman AND telling his awkward grandson to get some life experience to inform his art.

Worst Crest was on in the background while I watched DBS Broly in Vr and I remember nothing about it.
Highly recommend watching movies in VR with other nerds.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I thought Dress up Darling had one of its best episodes. It’s moved past the “I’m awkward because it’s a irl g-g-girl” phase and is now really getting into a “these people are awkward for fun reasons.” Like, yeah he still gets flustered she now does it back and it’s more on personal levels and that the show is doing a great job really showing how their relationship has changed. The whole situation with him in her house was great.

This show is probably the one I look forward too the most out of the week.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I like that it turned out good despite having to scuff her original plan. Definitely have done the same trying to make an omlette.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

Um, excuse me, Power is not anything like that. :colbert:

Power also wasn't the Chainsaw Man rep in the color posters of Jump heroines.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the new ep of bisque was good because a fraction of it was just someone animating their own fan precure anime and it hit the vibes exactly. actually made me want to see these staff do a magical girl show

the romcom stuff is fine, marin and gojo are decent characters but the in-universe anime and eroge and, cosplaying, stuff is absolutely what's keeping me hooked. makes me really interested to see more of the side cast and juju's been a fun one

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Feb 21, 2022

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's hosed up the anime probably won't get to the best in-universe show unless they do a season 2.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
rather amazed at their dedication to the bit in getting the seiyuu from ccs, doremi, and heartcatch for the umakoshi show with a css relationship chart.

everyone even matches to their expy, e.g. the same seiyuu plays onpu in doremi and the purple girl(shion) here, and the mascot char is played by a seiyuu who played one in heartcatch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I kind of really love Gojo's Costuming notes.