Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Fair enough. I’m curious if his next manga will also have a Soul Eater connection of some kind or if it’ll be something completely original.

Speaking of, Soul Eater really needs an anime reboot that adapts the entire manga (there’s a lot of really cool stuff in the later chapters I’d love to see in motion)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Larryb posted:

Fair enough. I’m curious if his next manga will also have a Soul Eater connection of some kind or if it’ll be something completely original.

Speaking of, Soul Eater really needs an anime reboot that adapts the entire manga (there’s a lot of really cool stuff in the later chapters I’d love to see in motion)

From what I remember, the arc or two right after the material adapted by the anime was good, but towards the end it got fairly dull.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Silver2195 posted:

From what I remember, the arc or two right after the material adapted by the anime was good, but towards the end it got fairly dull.

I liked it myself. There was a lot of skipped material.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Speaking as a Chrona fan and a hater of child abusers getting what they wanted and leaving thier victims on the floor like spent gum, can't say I like most post cartoon Soul Eater much.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, I will admit that Crona got a much better ending in the anime than they did in the manga at least.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
The villain in the latest Choujin X character is the most sympathetic character yet in the manga. Rooting for him, poor dude.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

What the gently caress is this new manga on Mangaplus? This is some pretty hosed up poo poo Shueisha.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Ethiser posted:

What the gently caress is this new manga on Mangaplus? This is some pretty hosed up poo poo Shueisha.

Oh poo poo, Takopii's Original Sin has an official translation now!

Yes, it's extraordinarily hosed up and I never would have guessed it would be brought over on a Shonen app. It's very well written imo, and I've read the first 5 or 6 chapters fan translated.

Huge content warning for it though, specifically for suicide and bullying. The closest thing I can compare it to is Goodnight Punpun - if you liked Punpun, you should check out Takopii.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lmfao I welcome hosed up doraemon

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Was this really the day for this comic?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ethiser posted:

I read the first chapter and have decided that nope, that's it for me.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

good luck takopi, confronting systemic issues is hard

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I believe in Takopi

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

That sure was a read.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
We have a Takopi thread now:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3994650

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Ditto Magilumiere.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Feb 25, 2022

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

So Bakuman's official translation on Mangaplus has reached the final arc. Bakuman's handling of its female cast was bad, but they somehow managed to take it to another level for their shiny trophy supposed main female lead. It'd be one thing if Bakuman actually criticized lovely nerds who think they own VAs and idols and act like they have a say in their private lives. But the main thing that gets people to back off is hearing that Mashiro and Azuki have a "pure" relationship, which is such a lovely resolution and still implies that spending time with your boyfriend would still be unacceptable.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1497556424611749894
2022 is such an odd year.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I haven’t read Gash Bell, but I really loved Animal Land a whole lot. I guess I should check out that Gash so I can check out some fresh Gash too.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

gash loving kicks rear end so i'm interested to see what this would be

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

gash loving kicks rear end so i'm interested to see what this would be

When the author put out the new volumes after he regained the rights to his series he put out new omake at the end of all the volumes. Mostly non-canon interactions between the various characters at a cafe but the final one has The previous king of the Mamodo speaking with the golden book about a calamity that occurred in the past. Something from outside their world was attacking the mamodo who were unable to use their spells, but then the Golden book appeared and summoned humans from Earth to the world of the Mamodo to help. My guess is that we're going to have this be the basis for the next series with Kyomaru and others being called in to help the mamodo finally quell this threat.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

A prequel with Gash's dad set in 1500 AD would be cool

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i thought it worked for the debut chapter but Earthchild still feels like it was left on fast-forward this week in a way i'm liking less.

dad falling through some doubt and anger to emerge on the other side committed to raising his son as a hero is the expected arc but doing it in a single chapter leaves something to be desired. especially when balancing other elements like the flip-flopping tone of the esper org guys and the baby brutally attacking a room of adults on reflex and nearly killing them.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

drat, seeing Akane in action actually shows that she has chops really well.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I appreciate the special guest star in this week's Witch Watch.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Ibblebibble posted:

drat, seeing Akane in action actually shows that she has chops really well.

This kid owns.

Also:

Doron Dororon -- I'm really liking this one. It has a very unique feeling, and the characters bounce off each other very well.

Sakamoto Days -- Holy poo poo :stare:

Ayakashi Triangle -- still zero plot progression :sigh:

Ayashimon -- still owns.

Earthchild -- tentatively wanting to see where this goes, even though it seems it's moving really loving fast.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I sure do love being a murder plane pilot. Good thing I'll never be murdered!

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Yeah Movie Assassin guy has jumped into my top five favorite characters from Sakamoto Days. He is just so extra hahaha

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It rules so much that when we finally go back to wacky gimmick assassins this is what we get. I'm so happy.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I like the running gag that people see assassinations go on in broad daylight and they assume it's just a movie.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i loved gash bell but animal land kinda sucked except for the villain (giller giller giller). ive heard the author is a prima donna and didnt take several of his other series getting canned well. which is probably why he's returning to gash, similar to the GTO author

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Brought To You By posted:

I like the running gag that people see assassinations go on in broad daylight and they assume it's just a movie.

Sakamoto Days runs on musical logic but instead of it being perfectly normal to break out into song in the middle of a public conversation, the accepted behavior is doing sicknasty murder bullshit

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Mikl posted:

This kid owns.

Also:

Doron Dororon -- I'm really liking this one. It has a very unique feeling, and the characters bounce off each other very well.

"Oh wow this guy must be really stoic. It's no biggie to him." "I had to hold myself from crying... these people respect me..."

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Earthchild : Not two chapters in and I'm feeling the Shinigami (the editor, known colossal gently caress up, Taguchi)'s stank all over this unthrill.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 27, 2022

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Earthchild is just a mess. What’s the thing that’s going to drive the main story? I still don’t know because there could be another time skip, it could be about the dad and with the thing they said at the end it seems there’s some big twist but it feels weird. Really feels like someone had a really good idea to start with and then it became this mess.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Relin posted:

i loved gash bell but animal land kinda sucked except for the villain (giller giller giller). ive heard the author is a prima donna and didnt take several of his other series getting canned well. which is probably why he's returning to gash, similar to the GTO author

he got that reputation by fighting and winning a legal battle to keep ownership of his work. then vector ball was about making detailed mechanical devices via collaboration between weak super powers. and when i say detailed, i mean every single component was drawn as they came together. it was an amazing spectacle, just not, you know, all that good a manga otherwise. it's not strange that he'd be pissed if something he put all of his considerable skills into was received with a resounding "meh".

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
He also started that legal battle because his materials keept getting lost and/or sold outwith his perview.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, instead of quietly being hosed over he made it a big public show which just isn't done in the manga industry.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
He at least landed on his feet, so he had that going for him.
Whole thing kinda screwed Viz three volumes from the end but if Shugakugan didn't want to gently caress its us readers over they could have kept a better eye on his poo poo.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Feb 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he got that reputation by fighting and winning a legal battle to keep ownership of his work. then vector ball was about making detailed mechanical devices via collaboration between weak super powers. and when i say detailed, i mean every single component was drawn as they came together. it was an amazing spectacle, just not, you know, all that good a manga otherwise. it's not strange that he'd be pissed if something he put all of his considerable skills into was received with a resounding "meh".
i liked vector ball more than animal land but didnt consider the work he was putting in