Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Australia's prime minister got covid and is symptomatic. He's a piece of poo poo who would have opened Morrison from the beginning if states didn't have more power than US states.

:coronatoot:

I hope it's loving him up. Get rekt, Scotty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It will turn out Scotty is just as immune to COVID, as he is to eggs :(

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
:lol:

OF course, my company is now following CDC guidelines some more, so due to being a "yellow" county, masks are no longer required!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm going to be more angry all the time now! YAY!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

tenderjerk posted:

Wait what

That doesn't sound like the propublica I know

https://www.propublica.org/article/my-kids-school-closed-again-so-i-started-calling-experts

https://www.propublica.org/article/new-york-city-kills-covid-rule-that-led-to-repeated-school-closings-despite-no-evidence-of-outbreaks

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I wish for his illness to come to a swift conclusion.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Yeah, here's the new COVID policy:

LOW (Green):
  • No masks required
  • Continue to follow testing, isolation, and quarantine requirements when experiencing COVID-19 symptoms

MEDIUM (Yellow):
  • No masks required
  • For those who are immunocompromised or high risk for severe disease, masks are recommended for indoor public settings
  • Continue to follow testing, isolation, and quarantine requirements when experiencing COVID-19 symptoms

HIGH (Orange):
  • Masks are required, regardless of vaccination status, with the following exceptions:
  • No mask is required when alone at your workstation or office, as long as 6 feet of distance is maintained; and
  • No mask is required when seated in a conference room, as long as 6 feet of distance is maintained.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Iron Crowned posted:

LOW (Green):
  • No masks required

MEDIUM (Yellow):
  • No masks required

HIGH (Orange):
  • No mask is required

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Lol oh my god, my local NPR station has a ghoul on saying that future hospital strain is “unlikely” because the virus can’t get around all of our immunities now and also there’s monoclonals and Paxlovid, so this is going to “become unavoidable” and “that’s okay.” They’re really going balls deep on all of this poo poo.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Yeah, basically, I don't think I will see a mask ever again in my office, while I continue to wear my respirator due to people dropping like flies.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Paxlovid, the rich people drug that is certainly going to prevent hospitalization in a country with terrible access to healthcare.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Every time this happens, I really, really, really want to do a reply all with a scathing rebuke, but I also like being paid money

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Apparently that ghoul was Amesh Adalja, who has been horny as gently caress to let it rip for a while now.

He was saying “we should have removed masking recommendations a long time ago” while completely ignoring that over 120k people have died so far this year.

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Lol oh my god, my local NPR station has a ghoul on saying that future hospital strain is “unlikely” because the virus can’t get around all of our immunities now and also there’s monoclonals and Paxlovid, so this is going to “become unavoidable” and “that’s okay.” They’re really going balls deep on all of this poo poo.

i love that they just switch to like, april 2020 knowledge of covid whenever its convenient for them

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Paxlovid, the rich people drug that is certainly going to prevent hospitalization in a country with terrible access to healthcare.

When I checked last week there were fewer than 100 courses of Paxlovid available in my area, and I live right by the state capitol which has a bunch of hospitals. Sounds like I have access to Paxlovid! No word on whether the concierge doctors have a stash for their clients.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Loucks posted:

When I checked last week there were fewer than 100 courses of Paxlovid available in my area, and I live right by the state capitol which has a bunch of hospitals. Sounds like I have access to Paxlovid! No word on whether the concierge doctors have a stash for their clients.

It seems unlikely that 100 courses of Paxlovid would not have already been spent, if measly peons have access.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 364 days!

lol jesus

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I'd respect these loving people a bunch more if they just said "sorry, we've determined that most of you are an acceptable loss to keep the machine running, good luck and god bless" instead of lying to us with talking points that anyone who's been following this pandemic in the slightest knows are bullshit that hasn't held true for years.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
I've been out of the loop for a bit, but is BA.2 actually rapidly increasing anywhere in the US right now to the same extent Omicron did when it 1st showed up?

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 364 days!

Ah yes, paxlovid and post-omicron moncoclonials, 2 things I have access to

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Really cool that I had finally convinced my partner to take more precautions just in general, and now the open 'er up pressure has him determined to hang out masks-free for dinner at our friends' apartment. Even cooler that as the date approaches, his initial assurance that me attending in a mask and not eating would be no big deal has evaporated. "Actually you could just stay home. Isn't that the safest option?"

Yeah dude, it's the safest option for both of us. I wasn't stoked about an awkward hangout and potential exposure anyway but I don't like the divide I'm seeing here and wanted to meet you halfway. I also wanted to see my friends, believe it or not, because even my introverted hermit rear end has limits.

Instead I was up stress vomiting all night because everyone around me has given up, not only that but demanded I ignore reality and give up too, and when he sees our friends I'll be hanging out alone with a corsi cube that HE LITERALLY JUST BUILT A COUPLE WEEKS AGO but now covid is OVER lol

Fuuuuuuuck

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Lockdown is over

https://twitter.com/scdhec/status/1498660350098554887?cxt=HBwWjoCy6b3pp8wpAAAA&cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjcw%3D%3D&refsrc=email

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Begun the suck 'n gently caress has

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Sex Arse of Calais posted:

Really cool that I had finally convinced my partner to take more precautions just in general, and now the open 'er up pressure has him determined to hang out masks-free for dinner at our friends' apartment. Even cooler that as the date approaches, his initial assurance that me attending in a mask and not eating would be no big deal has evaporated. "Actually you could just stay home. Isn't that the safest option?"

Yeah dude, it's the safest option for both of us. I wasn't stoked about an awkward hangout and potential exposure anyway but I don't like the divide I'm seeing here and wanted to meet you halfway. I also wanted to see my friends, believe it or not, because even my introverted hermit rear end has limits.

Instead I was up stress vomiting all night because everyone around me has given up, not only that but demanded I ignore reality and give up too, and when he sees our friends I'll be hanging out alone with a corsi cube that HE LITERALLY JUST BUILT A COUPLE WEEKS AGO but now covid is OVER lol

Fuuuuuuuck

Take the corsi cube over, wear your own mask , and learn to stop worrying and love the virus

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Iron Crowned posted:

No mask is required when seated in a conference room, as long as 6 feet of distance is maintained.

loving lol, every time

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Fuuuuuuuck

You can't negotiate with terrorists.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Oh boy, the other two in my department are already making jokes about not needing to wear a mask anymore

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

I'd respect these loving people a bunch more if they just said "sorry, we've determined that most of you are an acceptable loss to keep the machine running, good luck and god bless" instead of lying to us with talking points that anyone who's been following this pandemic in the slightest knows are bullshit that hasn't held true for years.

Agreed. This is the way I feel about things lately. Naked aggression is refreshing compared to sniveling cowardice.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
did my duty and got an asymptomatic pcr test this morning. got to show the state that people still want tests!

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Pingui posted:

You can't negotiate with terrorists.
Yeah "you do it your way and I'll do it mine" isn't the kind of compromise you can make with a contagious disease, I'm finding. I don't know how either of us can see each other's needs as being reasonable. I have been trying.

For anyone in a similar boat wondering how that works marriage-wise: lol, and furthermore, lmao

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

mastershakeman posted:

Take the corsi cube over, wear your own mask , and learn to stop worrying and love the virus

Shut the gently caress up

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Yeah "you do it your way and I'll do it mine" isn't the kind of compromise you can make with a contagious disease, I'm finding. I don't know how either of us can see each other's needs as being reasonable. I have been trying.

For anyone in a similar boat wondering how that works marriage-wise: lol, and furthermore, lmao

This pandemic has absolutely destroyed relationships all over the place, including my brother's decade+ long marrage

Turns out "you can't have treats for a while" is the line where people will burn everything down.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Iron Crowned posted:

LOW (Green):
  • No masks required

MEDIUM (Yellow):
  • No masks required
  • For those who are immunocompromised or high risk for severe disease, masks are recommended for indoor public settings

HIGH (Orange):
  • Masks are required, regardless of vaccination status, with the following exceptions:
  • No mask is required when alone at your workstation or office, as long as 6 feet of distance is maintained; and
  • No mask is required when seated in a conference room, as long as 6 feet of distance is maintained.

Everything is so stupid.

Still can't believe the official and formal stance of the CDC is that you should not have any concern about catching COVID or giving someone else COVID as long as there are currently ICU beds available.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

I have good health insurance because my wife works for the state so Paxlovid wouldn't even cost me anything other than a small copay but that doesn't matter because there is no way I would get access to it because I'm not rich enough to have a conceirge doctor or in an extremely high risk category. The existence of Paxlovid does not have an impact on how I feel about COVID if I can't actually get any.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Thoguh posted:

Everything is so stupid.

Still can't believe the official and formal stance of the CDC is that you should not have any concern about catching COVID or giving someone else COVID as long as there are currently ICU beds available.

Wonder if there's a point where it becomes "if there's morgue space available"

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Iron Crowned posted:

LOW (Green):
  • No masks required

MEDIUM (Yellow):
  • No masks required

HIGH (Orange):
how

how

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Turns out "you can't have treats for a while" is the line where people will burn everything down.

Fuckin' truth. Went my whole life thinking I lacked resilience and it turns out I was actually in good company the whole time!

It's just that I can't really relate to a lack of Applebee's being the final straw that makes it okay to throw human lives away

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
It is looking like having OG Omicron provides a decent level of protection against BA.2 so we probably have a couple of months before things kick off again. But we're gonna simmer along at a level higher than last summer and with no real information about the level of background spread in the meantime.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
200,000 cases in South Korea. per capita that’s worse than the US ever got

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Thoguh posted:

I have good health insurance because my wife works for the state so Paxlovid wouldn't even cost me anything other than a small copay but that doesn't matter because there is no way I would get access to it because I'm not rich enough to have a conceirge doctor or in an extremely high risk category. The existence of Paxlovid does not have an impact on how I feel about COVID if I can't actually get any.

yeah, important part in bold

Medical "experts" telling us it's fine that everyone's going to get this disease (a 2020 talking point) and it's fine because we have immunity now (that goes away after a few months) and also monoclonals (which don't work against extant strains) and Paxlovid (a limited-release special edition drug for the rich) is lying in service to capital and in a just world they'd lose their medical license for doing that.