Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Nazzadan posted:

I've locked my Russian Blue in the laundry room, and she will stay there until this is all over.

Martial paw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

KitConstantine posted:

Lol what a strong man sitting alone in his office.

The human sheild thing was what the bot army messaging was all day yesterday. Who was being used went between Greeks, Indian students, and West African guest workers/students, with Ukrainian citizens coming up sometimes

In other news Zelensky continues to have giant balls

https://twitter.com/irgarner/status/1499421103168659462?t=xCuG8uM0J5cDgSdyLNGIXA&s=19

If Zelensky gets this chance (he wont') he definitely should take the chance to assassinate putin by repeatedly stabbing his eyes with a blunt spoon

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Chairman Meow is not impressed.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

CommieGIR posted:

This is really stupid. Like find any other way to stand with Ukraine, but the cats are not Russian spies.

* Turns slowly and glances at cat licking his junk*

Hmmm...

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

CommieGIR posted:

This is really stupid. Like find any other way to stand with Ukraine, but the cats are not Russian spies.

I mean it's targeting the owners. Is it that different from what's happening in the sports world?

“No cat belonging to exhibitors living in Russia may be entered at any FIFe show outside Russia, regardless of which organization these exhibitors hold their membership in,” said the organization, which spans almost 40 countries.

SaTaMaS
Apr 18, 2003
Is there any sign that the UK will try to get back into the EU now that Europe is under increased threat and they look like patsies who fell for Putin's plan to restore russian dominance?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Rinkles posted:

I mean it's targeting the owners. Is it that different from what's happening in the sports world?

“No cat belonging to exhibitors living in Russia may be entered at any FIFe show outside Russia, regardless of which organization these exhibitors hold their membership in,” said the organization, which spans almost 40 countries.

Ah that makes more sense.

SaTaMaS posted:

Is there any sign that the UK will try to get back into the EU now that Europe is under increased threat and they look like patsies who fell for Putin's plan to restore russian dominance?

Not as long as Boris continues to be PM.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Nazzadan posted:

I've locked my Russian Blue in the laundry room, and she will stay there until this is all over.

UPDATE: I have let my Russian blue out of the laundry room due to constant meowing and scratching

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

External Organs posted:

I could have sworn the thing by on the far left center was a stake of marika :shepface:

Well they're usually right next to evil bosses that you have to defeat, so it makes sense!

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

SaTaMaS posted:

There’s no loving way that anyone even close to power would ever want that, or admit it even if they wanted to

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

SaTaMaS posted:

No. Among other issues is that the exemption for the pound Sterling would no longer hold and they would have to adopt the euro

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

SaTaMaS posted:

There would be riots

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

Majorian posted:

New thread title!

:mods:

I'm actually laughing quite hard at this :xd:

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

TheRat posted:

Have you heard about the time the CIA tried to put transmitters inside cats and send them to the Russian embassy?

Sounds like a purrfect disguise.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

He's watching the skies.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

SaTaMaS posted:

Zero. Our terrible press and terrible politicians elected by a terrible first-past-the-post would never do that u-turn.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Looks like someone's having a bonfire.

https://mobile.twitter.com/oryxspioenkop/status/1499437652441026571

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Why destroy good anti-air, unless the Russians did that?

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Also note that EU provides no military protection and is not a military alliance, that's why Moldova can apply and Austria can be a member.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Maybe it's just me, but I would strive to put as much distance as possible between myself and what has a very real change of being a smouldering pile of munition.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

Show cats and dogs can sell for thousands of dollars and their owners may be the same oligarchs getting sanctioned (or more commonly, the wives of said oligarchs). It's yet another way to cut into rich Russian assholes with expensive hobbies.

For the same reason, but with exponentially more oligarch money at stake, the FEI which governs equestrian sports has removed its events from Russia and Belarus and will be banning the horses, riders and officials from all international competitions. https://www.chronofhorse.com/article/fei-bans-russian-belarusian-horses-athletes-and-officials

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

Possible there was a reason they were abandoned--out of fuel, broken down, stuck in the mud, whatever. Plus, those Ukrainians may not know how to use them anyway, and may not have ammunition for them.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The encirclement of the nazi menace will hopefully succeed and lift the siege if Kiev.

Idk if I'd even call it a siege at this point since the city is better fed than the slavic SS is.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Aramis posted:

Maybe it's just me, but I would strive to put as much distance between myself and what has a very real change of being a smouldering pile of munition.

I find myself hoping that an armoured combat vehicle is designed to not care much about a tiny bonfire on its bonnet.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1499437939813666819

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

This is such a crapshoot, because Germany is almost entirely dependent on Russian gas for house heating and we're in the middle of winter. For a reference, this it the forecast for this week's weather in Berlin (0°C is about 30°F)

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

CommieGIR posted:

They might not have ammo for it, or they might not fancy their chances of getting them away before the Russians counter attack.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
In before dolphin naval warfare in the Black Sea

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

The encirclement of the nazi menace will hopefully succeed and lift the siege if Kiev.

Idk if I'd even call it a siege at this point since the city is better fed than the slavic SS is.

Yeah I'm sure the people living under constant bombardment in the city would find your posts absolutely hilarious.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

:siren: BIG DEAL :siren:

https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1499438385240461313?t=qqa_-YaJklhKjAtNrWTPNA&s=19

Assuming Putin follows through. And this isn't just a way to get non combatants out so he can strike even harder

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

TheRat posted:

I find myself hoping that an armoured combat vehicle is designed to not care much about a tiny bonfire on its bonnet.

normally no but in this case it happens to be the russian vehicles' one weakness

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Youth Decay posted:

Show cats and dogs can sell for thousands of dollars and their owners may be the same oligarchs getting sanctioned (or more commonly, the wives of said oligarchs). It's yet another way to cut into rich Russian assholes with expensive hobbies.

For the same reason, but with exponentially more oligarch money at stake, the FEI which governs equestrian sports has removed its events from Russia and Belarus and will be banning the horses, riders and officials from all international competitions. https://www.chronofhorse.com/article/fei-bans-russian-belarusian-horses-athletes-and-officials

Also, like, you don't want Ukrainian and Russian competitors in the same events right now.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CommieGIR posted:

Probably don't have the ability to recover it and they're close to the front.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

SaTaMaS posted:

In short: lol

What happened was, the Conservative party had been split on EU for decades, finally Conservative PM Cameron agreed to have a referendum. Then the Brexit wing of the Conservatives won it. By now PM Johnson has purged literally every non-Brexit Conservative MP from the party. There is nothing left but Brexiters, as far as the eye can see

Meanwhile in the Labour party (only opposition party), they elected a mild Nordic-country-style social democrat as leader, literally by accident, and then the entire UK press and media, and the right wing of the Labour party, spent 4 years straight sabotaging him, which finally succeeded a couple years ago. Now that the right wing Labour guy is Labour leader, the media has gone back to not giving a poo poo about him or his party. Because of his incompetent leadership current Labour is ineffective and directionless and cannot provide any kind of meaningful opposition

Ah did I mention that also Russian oligarchs have been enormously influential in the UK for decades, it's not just Brexit, but at least 20 years before that, during which they've been slowly buying up the Conservative party and also the right wing of the Labour party? Yeah. Don't have articles at hand right now about it except for this very brief snippet: https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/conservatives/2022/02/commons-confidential-boris-johnsons-lebedev-headache

So, to summarise: :rubby:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

KitConstantine posted:

https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1499438385240461313?t=qqa_-YaJklhKjAtNrWTPNA&s=19

Assuming Putin follows through. And this isn't just a way to get non combatants out so he can strike even harder

I'd say that's a safe assumption. He's been clear: He wants all of Ukraine, and he wants them under his control to 'demilitarize and denazify it'

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Probably don't have the ability to recover it and they're close to the front.

True.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

KitConstantine posted:

I'm guessing right about now Putin is so furious he's ready to Grozny it up like it's 1999

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

KitConstantine posted:

I suspect Russian motives might be the cohesiveness of Russian forces on the ground. This potentially stops the pressure they are currently under

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Nazzadan posted:

Laundry Room Liberated for Meowther Russia!

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

TheRat posted:

I'm guessing right about now Putin is so furious he's ready to Grozny it up like it's 1999

Yep.

Just for confirmation - post by one of the Ukrainian negotiators. There are also no details on how this is actually being accomplished so I have very low expectations
https://twitter.com/ChristopherJM/status/1499440330349117441?t=S4i_3BOtvqBIYdtslNUvHQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

CHESTNUTS ROASTING ON AN OPEN TANK