Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

bedpan posted:

One of my bosses explicitly said that work from home was a perk only available to a few of the managers

I tried this, got told no, went home anyway, and came back when it was come back or get fired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

I’m going to keep trying not to get covid

This is unpatriotic. You've been added to the list; please report to the Covid Camps for reeducation.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

bedpan posted:

The business owners must not personally own the property the business leases/rents.

They don't

The funny thing was that the lease on the place came up during the first summer of covid and they bought into the covid is over hype and re-upped the lease for 10 more years and no one has been in there since

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

bedpan posted:

One of my bosses explicitly said that work from home was a perk only available to a few of the managers

the boss for our customer success team today on calls told his direct reports he wants them all to take vacations whenever they want and if it doesn't work he'll go out of his to make it work from them, and that he doesn't want people to feel like they can't use their PTO by the end of the year. he also said he wants everybody to take one free "mental health day" a month where any of them can take any day to simply take the day off without using their accrued PTO. it's weird working for a company that kinda gives a poo poo.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
lmao email from the school district. gotta get this house sold and move out of this loving state

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Louisgod posted:

the boss for our customer success team today on calls told his direct reports he wants them all to take vacations whenever they want and if it doesn't work he'll go out of his to make it work from them, and that he doesn't want people to feel like they can't use their PTO by the end of the year. he also said he wants everybody to take one free "mental health day" a month where any of them can take any day to simply take the day off without using their accrued PTO. it's weird working for a company that kinda gives a poo poo.

Some people have realized the labor market situation has inverted since three years ago and you will bleed out your best people if you don't have decent working conditions

Actually most people have realized that it's just that a lot of them don't care

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

fosborb posted:

lmao email from the school district. gotta get this house sold and move out of this loving state

lmao is this florida guillotining the resistant school districts

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

It's been 8 weeks since my family got infected. I'm the only one that had anything beyond acute symptoms (2 weeks in developed a persistent headache, weird chest tightness that might be just anxiety). My kids apparently dodged MIS-C this time!

It was very strange getting infected at the height of the NYC peak and recovering while the public attitude wrt COVID completely shifted. When we got sick everyone was sympathetic, we did the full 2 week quarantine and my job made major accommodations. If we got sick now I doubt there'd be much acknowledgement beyond getting asked to come back to work once we stopped being symptomatic.

Good plan! I believe in you.

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

The Oldest Man posted:

Project management is a thankless human calendaring job that at best pays moderately, at worst you're a Mechanical Turk for gantt charts
Product management is Don Draper level bullshit artistry and is very well compensated

maybe? i feel like a lot of software companies these days use the two pretty much interchangeably. but maybe i'm wrong.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

The Oldest Man posted:

lmao is this florida guillotining the resistant school districts

Iowa, and yes.

also yesterday,

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The Oldest Man posted:

Some people have realized the labor market situation has inverted since three years ago and you will bleed out your best people if you don't have decent working conditions

Actually most people have realized that it's just that a lot of them don't care

yep, it's nice when companies realize it and take actual steps to follow through, with it that boss calling it "preventative maintenance" to get ahead of that burnout. still lots of people complaining that people just don't want to work anymore! god drat millennials!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Louisgod posted:

This was my last job. My new job treats us all like total loving garbage but they pay me $35k more. I am close to quitting because I'm having a hard time justifying the abuse and covid risk for the money

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
btw i walked in this afternoon and my boss already had a filtrete/3M tower filter up front where I had asked

love 2 have partnership

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

that would be horrible

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Soap Scum posted:

is this meaningfully different from 'product management' or is that just semantics

if it's not different maybe it's time for me to buy PMs because my company is hiring like a dozen+ PMs remote usa right now. let me know

edit: this would be 'product management' at a software company, i should say

Somewhat close but don't spend ten bucks for me.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Soap Scum posted:

maybe? i feel like a lot of software companies these days use the two pretty much interchangeably. but maybe i'm wrong.

If they use them interchangeably at the company it's probably all project management getting paid at the lower pay scale regardless of what the title is and the product management is being done by someone else under a different job title.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

fosborb posted:

Iowa, and yes.

also yesterday,

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggghhhhh gently caress

"hurrhurr how'd u feel if a transgirl won a world record" i'd feel loving psyched about it, girls stay winning bitch

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

fosborb posted:

Iowa, and yes.

also yesterday,

i hate my country so much

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Strep Vote posted:

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggghhhhh gently caress

"hurrhurr how'd u feel if a transgirl won a world record" i'd feel loving psyched about it, girls stay winning bitch

notice that they don't seem to give a gently caress about transboys playing male sports.

I wonder why that could possibly be.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

It says here you qualify as mentally ill now.

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.
Pro tip: next time a chud gives you poo poo for wearing a mask just tell them you're not going to let the liberal government tell you what to do.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
My sons school nurse quit on Monday due to Masks being optional.

Today, the Principal quit.

lol totally normal.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

weekly mortality rates are *no longer definitely rising*

but they are also "definitely not falling"

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Pillowpants posted:

lol totally normal.

lmao

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

so basically no one is mask wearing at the grocery store anymore

saw one young couple wearing kn95s, good for them. and one old dude with a surgical one, he's confused but he's got the spirit.

everyone else, maskless. even the employees. there was one masked cashier, cloth. thank gently caress for the respirator, as more and more people are maskless, it feels like a smarter decision.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

WampaLord posted:

so basically no one is mask wearing at the grocery store anymore

saw one young couple wearing kn95s, good for them. and one old dude with a surgical one, he's confused but he's got the spirit.

everyone else, maskless. even the employees. there was one masked cashier, cloth.

All the people that would have worn a mask are doing curbside pickup.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Source: Me, who is currently doing curbside pickup of groceries for the weekend.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Thoguh posted:

All the people that would have worn a mask are doing curbside pickup.

oh yeah, definitely. we're all responsible down here in Florida like that.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Thoguh posted:

Source: Me, who is currently doing curbside pickup of groceries for the weekend.

You can do what I do and go at 7am tomorrow morning when no one is around because they're too hungover from last night's mask burning party

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ebola Roulette posted:

Pro tip: next time a chud gives you poo poo for wearing a mask just tell them you're not going to let the liberal government tell you what to do.

Wearing the masks to trigger CDC dictators like Fauci and east coast liberal dem elites.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Iron Crowned posted:

You can do what I do and go at 7am tomorrow morning when no one is around because they're too hungover from last night's mask burning party

That’s definitely what I do for any shopping that I have to go in to a store for.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Thoguh posted:

We have to do curbside at 3 different supermarkets every week to get the food we want lol.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Grocery store today had probably 90% mask wearing. We are 7 days from Oregon dropping the mask rules though so not too long to see how many people still believe the government cares about their health.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Pillowpants posted:

lol totally normal.
lol

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

So was the Pfizer vaccine just poison the whole time or what

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

tangy yet delightful posted:

Grocery store today had probably 90% mask wearing. We are 7 days from Oregon dropping the mask rules though so not too long to see how many people still believe the government cares about their health.

Yeah I'm not looking forward to that. Already had a maskless dude in the checkout line at a Petco look at me like :confused: and I wasn't even Bane masking it up, just had on an Aura.

A woman behind me was also wearing an Aura but thankfully she made up for it by standing .2 centimeters from the back of my skull. Turned around and actually startled a little. There was a completely wide open space behind us for her to stand without stacking up on me. Why.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Sex Arse of Calais posted:

Yeah I'm not looking forward to that. Already had a maskless dude in the checkout line at a Petco look at me like :confused: and I wasn't even Bane masking it up, just had on an Aura.

A woman behind me was also wearing an Aura but thankfully she made up for it by standing .2 centimeters from the back of my skull. Turned around and actually startled a little. There was a completely wide open space behind us for her to stand without stacking up on me. Why.

Some lady tried to strike up a conversation about oat milk with me at the grocery store not too long ago. I'm wearing a N95, leave me the gently caress alone, I don't want to chat about dairy products.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

tangy yet delightful posted:

I’m still so loving pissed about this, Oregon had been killing it with mask compliance in the larger cities and you see sooo many more N95 usage too. We finally got to a good spot where people are all in and our supposed deep blue state would rather give in to the idiot 12% loud minority and the biden admin’s need to try and salvage the mid-term elections

I hope democrats get loving eviscerated this year

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
COVID IS OVER

In Alabama
https://www.al.com/news/2022/03/alabama-covid-hospitalizations-hit-lowest-point-since-2021.html

In Alaska
https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/2022/03/03/providence-alaska-relaxes-visitation-guidelines-amid-lower-covid-19-cases/

In Arizona - Moved to weekly reporting
https://ktar.com/story/4924561/arizona-debuts-weekly-covid-19-dashboard-with-new-lags-in-reporting/

In Arkansas - Moved to weekly reporting
https://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2022/03/02/case-update-arkansas-covid-19-cases-increase-by-4509-over-last-7-days/

In California
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-03-03/l-a-county-on-track-for-lifting-mask-order-friday

In Colorado
https://www.9news.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/covid-colorado-march-4/73-cf8820fe-9e74-4e45-a110-1e791de2a152

In Connecticut
https://www.courant.com/coronavirus/hc-news-coronavirus-weekly-coronavirus-updates-20220303-o6u4b3ivpvc5fgvofkotohkwtu-story.html

In Delaware
https://news.delaware.gov/2022/02/28/delaware-school-mask-requirement-to-end-at-600-p-m-on-tuesday-march-1/

....and I am not spending anymore on this today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Thoguh posted:

Somewhat close but don't spend ten bucks for me.

too late