Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

drat, I thought this was supposed to be better than the original, and now you're telling me they're only giving me 7 bits? Thats 9 bits less! Total rip-off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Tall Tale Teller posted:

Autosaves are there for the android version, totally weird they aren't for the iPhone.

I suspect it's something to do with weirdo iPhone requirements or folder structures. I work for a developer that makes multi-platform apps, and iOS is always the rear end in a top hat in the crowd.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Gau was only level 12 in WoR so I was pumping his magic stat and not paying attention, I was surprised that it actually went over 100.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
This also means that you can omnibuild-before-gear ... Hmm.

Gogo and Umaro don't gain at all.
Locke, Edgar, Setzer, Cyan, Strago, and Mog join too late to ever hit natural 128/128; they need 95-97 levels to hit dual 128s, but join in the 5-11 range and thus only get 94-88.
Terra needs 94 and joins at 3, but then can only get 2 levels with Bahamut on rather than the 3 she needs for 9999/999. Relm needs 92 stat levels and joins at 5, so the same. Shadow needs 93 and joins at 3, but also needs a level with Crusader to cover his MP; Sabin needs 91 but joins two levels higher and meets the same fate.
Celes can barely squeak in, joining at 3, taking 93 stat levels and 3 Bahamut. Gau needs only 89 (!) stat levels and can join the Zoneseeker fun at 5, leaving him room to spare.

Of course, with relics it's possible on everyone thanks to the Hyper Wrist or Merit Award/Behemoth Suit shenanigans; without touching relics but with gear selection for stats (and Circlets, which are store-bought and all but Umaro, are worth 3 levels alone) it should be doable on everyone but Mog, who just doesn't get any worthwhile stats on his armor to make up for his high joining level.

Why you would ever want to do this is left as an exercise for the reader.

Mandoric fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Mar 5, 2022

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

drat, I thought this was supposed to be better than the original, and now you're telling me they're only giving me 7 bits? Thats 9 bits less! Total rip-off.
You have to farm the IAF to get the full amount of bits.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
So, an extremely dumb Final Fantasy question I'd like to float: We now know that Robert Pattinson likes FF7. But this then raises the question: what's Batman's favorite Final Fantasy, and is it different to Bruce Wayne's?

Personally, my reading is that Bruce Wayne says he likes FFIV (extremely basic pick but at least has a Dark Knight he can smile to himself about), but Batman's favorite is FFVIII (appeals to his taste for brooding child soldiers and tool hoarding without judging him for either).

I wouldn't be against opening this to the rest of the Justice League, but I think we all have to first admit that Superman's favorite is FFIX.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
First thought for Aquaman would be FFX, but really it's gotta be FFIII after you leave the Floating Continent and realize the entire world is flooded.

Of course after you defeat Kraken and deflood the world the game goes downhill.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Zell has Flash's "run around the world to gather momentum to punch a guy" move

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Mandoric posted:

Why you would ever want to do this is left as an exercise for the reader.

Because it's fun, OP.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hey...I just realized...I'm not getting those dramatic screen flashes of lightning on the killing blow of a boss fight any more :saddowns:

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Did they fix that bug in VI where you can start from the beginning keeping your stats?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The game was completely rebuilt in Unity, so all the old bugs are out, and in come the new bugs.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Yeah, 6PR's boss death animation is disappointing.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Inspector Gesicht posted:

The game was completely rebuilt in Unity, so all the old bugs are out, and in come the new bugs.

RIP replacing Celes with a moogle by leaving South Figaro without rescuing her.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I forgot how much fun Umaro is with Berzerker Ring and and Hyper Wrist or something else to boost his damage.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1500142849706262530

That's a really nice remix.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It's no Blinded by Light I tell you what

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

SuperKlaus posted:

Hey...I just realized...I'm not getting those dramatic screen flashes of lightning on the killing blow of a boss fight any more :saddowns:

Yeah they hosed them up hard. No flashes, the boss just immediately starts crumbling, too fast, and the sound doesn't even sync up. It's like someone built the whole thing based off of memory.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

That soundtrack sounds like it's destined to be a banger all around.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

God I can’t wait to kill Chaos!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Oh drat, hell yeah

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1500054136489865216

Spooky Crystal Tower theme remix too.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

"Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin: ALL of the Final Fantasies! ALL OF THEM!!!"

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Grimthwacker posted:

"Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin: ALL of the Final Fantasies! ALL OF THEM!!!"

Oh no. But the old prophecies...

... every Final Fantasy is the Worst Final Fantasy...

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Please stop psyching me up for video games when I’m playing elden ring. Thanks.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Elden Ring into Stranger of Paradise is a truly god tier time to be a gamer

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
JFC I forgot how annoying the Phoenix Cave is. I finished it but one team had almost no MP left by the end. They never had access to a tent so I had to keep using ethers.

Now back to Narshe to get all the loot and then I'm gonna spend a little time at the Coliseum to get some cool stuff and then learn Ultime and then maybe grind a few dinosaurs before killing Kefka and then I can move on the Triangle Strategy.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Elephant Ambush posted:

JFC I forgot how annoying the Phoenix Cave is. I finished it but one team had almost no MP left by the end. They never had access to a tent so I had to keep using ethers.

Now back to Narshe to get all the loot and then I'm gonna spend a little time at the Coliseum to get some cool stuff and then learn Ultime and then maybe grind a few dinosaurs before killing Kefka and then I can move on the Triangle Strategy.

Unless PR changed it, if one of your teams is on a save point, the other teams can also use a tent.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The first Humbaba fight in FF6PR is bugged. He's supposed to run away after you deal about 7500 damage to him, instead you have to whittle down all his HP (28,000). Definitely skip until you have a full party.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Fister Roboto posted:

The first Humbaba fight in FF6PR is bugged. He's supposed to run away after you deal about 7500 damage to him, instead you have to whittle down all his HP (28,000). Definitely skip until you have a full party.

I did it with Celes using Runic and Sabin spamming Aurabolt or Bio (depending on whether a Runic just got used up), but it did take a while. Also Sabin was overleveled because the encounter tables in VI PR are hosed up also and it took me like three hours to encounter a Ninja formation and a Brainpan formation on the Floating Continent.

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 6, 2022

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What was the trick to have Shadow hang out with Sabin the longest in his scenario? I forget

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Fister Roboto posted:

I was wondering why the fight took a lot longer than I'd remembered. Was certainly a fun fight since Sabin had about 1200 hp and Celes was under 1k so she died a fair bit.

Calaveron posted:

What was the trick to have Shadow hang out with Sabin the longest in his scenario? I forget

Him leaving is RNG but IIRC it won't happen in the encampment and maybe not on the train. The first time I played on the SNES he left after the very first fight which was annoying and confusing.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Calaveron posted:

Rush for Phantom Train ASAP and otherwise try to avoid non-mandatory fights. Shadow has a random chance to piss off after completing random encounters, but IIRC he won't leave after any forced fights, he definitely won't leave if you run from encounters, and once you're on the train he's stuck there with the rest of you.

This is the same every time you can hire Shadow to join your party- avoid random encounters and beeline major objectives if you want to keep him around.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Basically yeah, run from fights on the world map. In dungeons you're more or less safe.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Unless PR changed it, if one of your teams is on a save point, the other teams can also use a tent.

Wow I had no idea. Next playthrough I guess. Thanks.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Where could the Crystal Tower evem possibly fit into the FFI world? Every other area they've shown I can imagine a repainting of an area in FFI, even if I don't really like it (Sunken Shrine as a not-Mako Reactor is a waste of the potentially prettiest area in FFI), but I don't know what the Crystal Tower might be. Best I can think of is Mirage Tower, but that robs the game of any 'desert/tomb' zone which I feel like they'd have material for.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

zedprime posted:

Funny you bring up world building and FF10. You can't do world building much better than letting you input your own name for all the aeons.

All the aeons.

Pages and days later i just wanna pop in and say

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha
FF VI -
Since I always played the SNES version, I would just Relm sketch bug my way to all sorts of goodies and Illumina swords.

Since I actually have to choose this time… what’s better, the Ragnarok esper for Ultima, or the sword (to convert to Illumina)? I’m torn.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

How much do you like purifying the cursed shield? (The pally shield teaches Ultima too)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm a lunatic who decided to grind out the Paladin shield when I was playing the GBA version. I recommend doing it on the Solitary Island because the monsters there have Elixers and Megaelixers as rare steals