Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Wait.

Dancer Jack. Please consider it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ibblebibble posted:

Wait.

Finally an in-game use for his airpods

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Ibblebibble posted:

Wait.

So is it just a bunch of nodding and fist-pumping?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Found a video of Jack's bard form - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKioHQTZLWk

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Booky posted:

kh and nomura own

what doesn't own is people constantly acting like nomuras some heinous criminal mastermind wanting to destroy square forever by writing or w/e

I have nothing against the guy, don't like KH personally but I thought 7R was excellent. I was more talking about his surprise at people making jokes about SoP when it's like, what did you expect when you hired Team Ninja? They only do over the top goofy poo poo.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
yeah and it kicks rear end

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Absolutely, definitely going to buy and play through SoP multiple times

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Yeah I'm basically going through the job list and thinking "yeah this looks cool and I want to try playing it" to all of them.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I’ve finished what was in the demo and I can say confidently that Jed and Ash respect Jack’s fighting abilities.

the way that the fool’s missive says that the pirate area “comes from Dimension XIV” makes me think this is in continuity with Dissidia

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/FenixPJ/status/1502086690139086849

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I am 100% serious when I say that if Stranger of Paradise keeps up that vine for the whole duration then it will probably be my GotY. I say this as an Elden Ring enjoyer.

Like he doesn’t shut the gently caress up about killing chaos. I have no idea how they made everything so dumb without it feeling Irene poisoned, it all seems so genuinely 1999 edgy.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I like how cranky Jack gets every time someone tells him chaos isn't real and can't hurt him

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

That is some good character development

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Finished the demo. That was pretty darn fun. Also looks like the story will be getting a bit of a remix too. Skipping Marsh Cave and going Wind Crystal first? Interesting choice. I'm gonna grind it out a bit more so that I have Tyrant prepped for launch day, maybe another tier 3 job too.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I got to GameStop at 4am to snag a PS5 bundle and I am now ready to Kill Chaos with a consistent frame rate.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i wouldnt call it super consistent on ps5 either but congrats

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I saw from a promo stream of the Marilith fight that Mt Gulg is based on FF8 but I'm not familiar enough with it to know specifically what it cribs from from that game. Also based on the soundtrack FF6's Floating Continent appears somewhere but I'm not sure what yet.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I downloaded the demo. I'm not sure when I'm gonna get to it, but I wanna see if it's a style I jive with.

Capital Letdown
Oct 5, 2006
i still cant fix red text avs someone tell me the bbcode for that im an admin and dont know this lmao
Hello I need a little bit of help.

I was telling a friend 'oh poo poo and that new final fantasy is out in a week or so and it looks wicked' and he had not heard a single thing about it. He knows lots of FF history and this game would be a home run for him.

Anyone got some like basic tweet videos I can send him? poo poo like Jack with the phone is perfect, he will eat that up.

Thank you and enjoy the game!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

I saw from a promo stream of the Marilith fight that Mt Gulg is based on FF8 but I'm not familiar enough with it to know specifically what it cribs from from that game. Also based on the soundtrack FF6's Floating Continent appears somewhere but I'm not sure what yet.

It is the Ifrit test dungeon.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Capital Letdown posted:

Hello I need a little bit of help.

I was telling a friend 'oh poo poo and that new final fantasy is out in a week or so and it looks wicked' and he had not heard a single thing about it. He knows lots of FF history and this game would be a home run for him.

Anyone got some like basic tweet videos I can send him? poo poo like Jack with the phone is perfect, he will eat that up.

Thank you and enjoy the game!

https://twitter.com/FenixPJ/status/...ingawful.com%2F

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

ImpAtom posted:

It is the Ifrit test dungeon.

I was wondering if they might use that. Makes sense, if not the most exciting choice.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

I was wondering if they might use that. Makes sense, if not the most exciting choice.

Yeah so far it seems to be

FF2: Emperor's Castle
FF3: Crystal Tower
FF4: Tower of Babel
FF5: Tonka Ruins
FF6: Flying Continent people suspect
FF7: Underwater Mako Reactor
FF8: Ifrit dungeon
FF9: Evil Forest
FF10: Seemingly Mr. Gagazet?
Ff11: no idea
FF12: Tomb of Raithwall
FF13: Sunleth Waterscape
FF14: Satasha
FF15: Probably Insomnia from what people think.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Evil forest is such a weird pull for ix. I woulda done one of the underground areas, ipsen, or even like burmecia or something.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

There's a lore document in game that explicitly calls the not-Sastasha "a mirror of a place from Dimension 14" so I think all their stuff about "this is not an isekai" was lol?

I guess when one brings shadow, one brings light... Chocobo GP is tarnishing the brand?

https://twitter.com/FinalFantasy/status/1502250904292102151

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

5 hasn't been confirmed yet and 11 is Delkfutt's Tower.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Delkfutt's tower from FF11 apparently

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

V should be Meatcastle.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
Considering their pulls need to line up roughly with locations in FF1, there was bound to be some weird drops there. People've already commented on how underwhelming Sastasha is for 14 and it's not like the Ifrit Test Caverns, Sunlith Waterscape, or Tonka are all that major or representative of locations in 8, 13, or 5 either.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Admiral Joeslop posted:

V should be Meatcastle.

“Wow! I’m loving all of these whimsical recreations of Final Fantasy locations! I wonder what’s ne-“

:stare:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

HD DAD posted:

“Wow! I’m loving all of these whimsical recreations of Final Fantasy locations! I wonder what’s ne-“

Perfect teaser for the Greg dlc too.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Meat Castle would be perfect for the final Chaos Shrine.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Apparently Normura wanted people to take this game's story seriously? If that's true why did he hand it off to some of the worst storytellers in the biz? Team Ninja make fun games but I think the most coherent plot they've ever done was DOA Volleyball

All of this game's writers are S-E staff

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Blockhouse posted:

All of this game's writers are S-E staff

That's interesting because the story presentation itself, the way it abruptly cuts pretty much every in-between scene, is straight out of Nioh.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

There's a lore document in game that explicitly calls the not-Sastasha "a mirror of a place from Dimension 14" so I think all their stuff about "this is not an isekai" was lol?

Could be a stealth prequel to the Dissidia games.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Didn't NT kill dissidia deader than dead

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Although I'd appreciate the contrast of the ff1 guy being this overdesigned pretty boy knight and Jack Garland in a sensible t shirt and cargo pants blasting nu metal on his phone

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Although I'd appreciate the contrast of the ff1 guy being this overdesigned pretty boy knight and Jack Garland in a sensible t shirt and cargo pants blasting nu metal on his phone

I'll have you know that Amano's Warrior of Light is the exact right amount of designed, what with his giant cow horns and bug carapace Captain America armor covered in tassels and beads and multiple accessory-dragons

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Warrior of Light is a loving dweeb and I hope Jack Garland kicks his rear end and takes over as the FF1 rep in future spinoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Calaveron posted:

Didn't NT kill dissidia deader than dead

Stranger things have happened: if you'd told me just a week ago we'd have a new Valkyrie Profile game on the way, I would've called you delusional. And yet.