Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

inferis posted:

they gave me a 6er for poo poo stirring but not a single other person

Actual answer on this: I gave you that and then took a nap for way longer than I'd planned and when I woke up, things had deteriorated quite a bit. So uh, sorry for the inconsistency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Paradoxish posted:

So many people legitimately bought the idea that the kids don't get sick and that COVID isn't transmissible in schools.
It was an argument my wife brought up tonight in response to my concerns over our district going mask optional on Monday.

Would not even let me get out my opinion that this "open it all up" is going to fast and that I would like our son to continue making for the next two weeks of the month. Not the end of the year, just the next two weeks to see how things go. To say nothing about bulldozing me with her "evidence" of believees from talking to other parents and not letting me get a word in with any other fact based evidence.

She actually pulled a loving "masks suck and if you think he should keep wearing one, you should wear one here at home too"

I'm in bed early and seething over how I'm being treated.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

silicone thrills posted:

Sadly i have to agree on a reboot because holy gently caress people do not know how to move the gently caress on.

A 'thread reboot' means put some fyad superstar in charge of the thread who turns it into comedy fun time, if history is any evidence.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Rebooting the entire covid thread because of (non covid thing) is loving stupid, fyi

Especially because anyone who's been on this site for more than a few years knows exactly how that reboot will work.

Let the covid doomers stew in their (our) own corner of the internet, split dog murder poo poo out into a separate thread.

Greg Legg posted:

That's a pretty good idea. Thanks for communicating with us and not just shutting it down.

edit: on the other hand, the post above me raises some good points

The thread desperately needs a refresh. I'm not trying to crush the thread culture or anything (although I frankly think some of the stuff posting here isn't good or healthy) but it needs a restart and it needs some thread stewards.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

inferis posted:

they gave me a 6er for poo poo stirring but not a single other person

and we thank you for tanking the dps man.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Fly Molo posted:

lmfao that the mods would rather close the only good COVID thread (during the BA2.2 surge!) than actually put time and effort into moderating it

dipshits and cowards

why are you conflating the word "reboot" with "close"?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Poster discovers you can post in many threads about many things lol.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Azathoth posted:

Yeah, probably about time for another one of those.

you can just post a thread, just like that!

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Homeless Friend posted:

i will IK cspam. but they have to let me probe people with the reason "white genocide ftw" again. which will produce epic results considering the current war stuff lol

dont threaten me with a good time

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

A 'thread reboot' means put some fyad superstar in charge of the thread who turns it into comedy fun time, if history is any evidence.

Is that worse than continually harassing people? Maybe. who the gently caress knows anymore. I just want to talk about covid poo poo in thread but its impossible right now.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

I'm gonna let this loving moron determine how I post in CSPAM:

go to bed grandpa

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Dreylad posted:

We've been trying. Most people are smart enough not to agree.

I think you're screwed there and the situation hqs become untenable

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
a bunch of people come careening in here literally taking a victory lap over someone getting banned and stopping the thread from being used for its intended purpose for multiple pages and two different mods come in and post alongside them without touching them while talking about how they're going to get rid of the thread. the behavior you're ignoring wouldn't fly with any other posters in any other thread, so it's really getting weird that you're not doing anything about it. talking about some long term thing you're gonna do in the future while people threadshit around you and others ask why you don't do something about it is extremely weird behavior imo.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Poster discovers you can post in many threads about many things lol.

GET OUT OF MY THREAD

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

empty whippet box posted:

a bunch of people come careening in here literally taking a victory lap over someone getting banned and stopping the thread from being used for its intended purpose for multiple pages and two different mods come in and post alongside them without touching them while talking about how they're going to get rid of the thread. the behavior you're ignoring wouldn't fly with any other posters in any other thread, so it's really getting weird that you're not doing anything about it. talking about some long term thing you're gonna do in the future while people threadshit around you and others ask why you don't do something about it is extremely weird behavior imo.

:qq:

Apr 7, 2003

Dreylad posted:

The thread desperately needs a refresh.

Because........?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the smarterchild of trolling

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

if you're looking for a serious COVID thread there's one in D&D

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Dreylad posted:

The thread desperately needs a refresh. I'm not trying to crush the thread culture or anything (although I frankly think some of the stuff posting here isn't good or healthy) but it needs a restart and it needs some thread stewards.

what's the desperate need here exactly, let's get that on the record please

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sounds good OP

Apr 7, 2003

Handling the covid thread isn't particularly hard. Let the people who want to discuss covid post there. Keep the people who don't want to discuss covid out.

Not rocket science.

Move the dog murder poo poo to it's own thread.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Because you're having a meltdown.

salient
Jan 2, 2021

Apr 7, 2003

500 good dogs posted:

I'm glad you're finally posting funny stuff, thank you

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

What is the intended purpose of the thread.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

500 good dogs posted:

why are you conflating the word "reboot" with "close"?

because it looks like the same stupid song and dance as when they closed (and eventually rebooted) the trump thread or the succ zone or other ‘problem’ threads

they decide a thread is a problem, and decide they need to “fix” it in the dumbest possible heavyhanded ways instead of just... moderating or intervening in the discussion? it’s been dumb as gently caress every other time

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Fly Molo posted:

lmfao that the mods would rather close the only good COVID thread (during the BA2.2 surge!) than actually put time and effort into moderating it

dipshits and cowards

There will be a new thread you can post in.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

It's that they don't agree with your position and think the thread culture is toxic and unhealthy.

They'd rather have it burn and start anew. So would the rest of the forums.

Apr 7, 2003

Because you're having a meltdown.

ZenMasterBullshit

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

No one knows who that is king.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Move the dog murder poo poo to it's own thread.

there shouldn't be any threads about dog murder imo

Apr 7, 2003

No one knows who that is king.

First not dumb post you've made all night

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

no, that's not in the cards, IKs always come from inside the thread community

Apr 7, 2003

Moola posted:

there shouldn't be any threads about dog murder imo

If D&D is permitted to exist, there should continue to be a dog murder thread.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

500 good dogs posted:

The Ukraine thread where they're funding the OUN-B and Azov Battalion is better, IMHO.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Def. not a meltdown

Apr 7, 2003

Azathoth posted:

no, that's not in the cards, IKs always come from inside the thread community

You know goddamn well why I'm skeptical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Def. not a meltdown

Keep making GBS threads your pants