Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

And has the same eye color, eyebrows, face shape, and bangs on top of her VA not being credited in this episode. Probably means nothing

Maybe twins?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Maybe twins?

They’re pretty clearly voiced by the same actress (and as I said Amane’s VA is uncredited in this episode which Toei typically does when they’re trying to hide something) so I’m guessing she’s Gentlu’s civilian form until the show proves otherwise (also it’s already been confirmed that the top girl is our midseason Cure).

Either way, I’ll be curious to see how this plays out to its inevitable conclusion

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Have to think Toei is still probably gunshy with twins/midseason misdirection given how the Cure Ace reveal went over like a lead ballon

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Have to think Toei is still probably gunshy with twins/midseason misdirection given how the Cure Ace reveal went over like a lead ballon

DokiDoki is the only time I remember them doing a bait and switch like that and considering the aforementioned backlash (even though Ace herself wasn’t that bad in my opinion once we got to know her better) I’m not sure if they’d ever have the guts to do it again.

Incidentally, the student council president introduced here is name Amane Kasai and her family apparently runs the shop Rosemary got the gummies from (also Ai Kayano appears to be using her Darkness voice here)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Mar 6, 2022

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Cure Ace was fine dammit

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Nodosaur posted:

Cure Ace was fine dammit

Seconded.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Like I said, Aguri grew on me as the show went on and had a good story overall. i just wish there had been any buildup at all to her appearance like is the case with most Extra Cures

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cure Ace as Aguri would of been fine or great if they also didn't have Regina get brainwashed the same episode resetting that plot point after it got resolved.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Cure Ace as Aguri would of been fine or great if they also didn't have Regina get brainwashed the same episode resetting that plot point after it got resolved.

Agreed, I’m fine with Regina not being a Cure but it didn’t have to come at the cost of effectively resetting most of the character development she’d gotten up to that point.

Speaking of, I miss Regina and wish they’d bring her back in some bigger capacity (she hasn’t gotten a single line of dialogue in any appearance she’s made since DokiDoki, even the Kiryuu sisters were treated at least slightly better than that)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 9, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So apparently this week’s episode of Delicious Party (and possibly the next few weeks after that) is going to be delayed somewhat on account of Toei’s IPN recently being hacked:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-n...will-be-delayed

Poor Ran, even the real world is screwing her over now

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Mar 13, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Larryb posted:

So apparently this week’s episode of Delicious Party (and possibly the next few weeks after that) is going to be delayed somewhat on account of Toei’s IPN recently being hacked:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-n...will-be-delayed

Poor Ran, even the real world is screwing her over now

Update: Seems the hiatus will last about 3 weeks minimum so I wouldn’t expect any new Precure episodes until April (maybe the last weekend of March if we’re lucky)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Mar 13, 2022

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Hey, the 2001 series Princess Comet has a full fansub now, if people are interested in a chill slice of life magical girl series from some of the people behind Card Captor Sakura.

https://twitter.com/buildknuckle/status/1502642303550300163

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mia Ikumi (the illustrator of Tokyo Mew Mew) has passed away at the age of 42 due to a brain hemorrhage

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2022/03/13-1/tokyo-mew-mew-illustrator-mia-ikumi-passes-away-at-42

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I wanted to catch up on Precure and I tried using the Crunchyroll app on the Nintendo Switch and lol holy poo poo this loving thing is unusable.

The problem is that they hosed up how the program counts ads, so it'll say like "1 of 5 ads" and then after the second one it'll skip from 2 of 5 to 4 of 5. This means when the last ad plays, the subtitles start up at that point, which puts them about 15 seconds ahead of the show. It happens during the second ad break too and then the subs are over half a minute ahead of the show. Just complete garbage if you're trying to watch anything with subs. So this won't work for Precure, ugh. Capitalism ruins everything again.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In other news, the Delicious Party movie will apparently be out September 23rd:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=__im8-zqTtA

Considering they’re announcing this already I guess the hiatus won’t last too much longer and we’ll likely be seeing both Masked Takumi and Cure Finale sometime this summer

Edit: We also have a tagline for it:

https://twitter.com/precurenews01/status/1504657266636902411

I’m gonna guess this is probably a Smile crossover

Edit2: And I just remembered that “Delicous smile” is Precious’ catchphrase so maybe it’s not as confirmed as I thought (but then again, this year is Smile’s anniversary and if they follow the current pattern then logically that would be the next series to get crossed over), we’ll see I suppose

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Mar 18, 2022

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Twelve by Pies posted:

I wanted to catch up on Precure and I tried using the Crunchyroll app on the Nintendo Switch and lol holy poo poo this loving thing is unusable.

The problem is that they hosed up how the program counts ads, so it'll say like "1 of 5 ads" and then after the second one it'll skip from 2 of 5 to 4 of 5. This means when the last ad plays, the subtitles start up at that point, which puts them about 15 seconds ahead of the show. It happens during the second ad break too and then the subs are over half a minute ahead of the show. Just complete garbage if you're trying to watch anything with subs. So this won't work for Precure, ugh. Capitalism ruins everything again.

Yeah the app is awful on Switch. It's marginally better on the Sony consoles/smart TVs.

I kinda hope the merger with Funimation means the app will improve overall.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah the app is awful on Switch. It's marginally better on the Sony consoles/smart TVs.

Funimation is not who you go to for good apps

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They're moving everything to Crunchy cause its the better ap!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

They're moving everything to Crunchy cause its the better ap!

Funi had the better video player in my opinion though but otherwise yeah

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Both are better than Hidive which is awful to use but Primagi is actually really good so I want to support them (and hey it's a magical girl series). Also getting Machikado season 2

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

I noticed they have a free 14 day premium trial so honestly I'll probably just get an account, grab the two week free trial, and binge watch the rest of Healin Good (shouldn't take too long, I was on episode 30) and then cancel it, and rely on fansubs for the current season and just not bother with Tropical Rouge.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

I noticed they have a free 14 day premium trial so honestly I'll probably just get an account, grab the two week free trial, and binge watch the rest of Healin Good (shouldn't take too long, I was on episode 30) and then cancel it, and rely on fansubs for the current season and just not bother with Tropical Rouge.

Tropical Rouge is good though and there are fansubs available for the entire series if needed (but then again you hated Smile if I recall correctly and TR has a very similar tone so you might not feel the same way, I’d at least give it a fair shot though)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Mar 19, 2022

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Larryb posted:

Tropical Rouge is good though and there are fansubs available for the entire series if needed (but then again you hated Smile if I recall correctly and TR has a very similar tone so you might not feel the same way, I’d at least give it a fair shot though)

I hated Smile and really dug Tropical Rouge, so take that as you will.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Oof, I could try and watch all of Tropical Rouge while I'm in the 14 day free trial but...Kirby comes out next week. Bad timing.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

Oof, I could try and watch all of Tropical Rouge while I'm in the 14 day free trial but...Kirby comes out next week. Bad timing.

As I said, the whole series has also been fansubbed if you’d prefer to go that route

Alternatively you could start by catching up with the current series Delicous Party since we’re only 5 episodes in and the show is currently on hiatus while Toei investigates the recent hacking attempt on their internal system

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Mar 19, 2022

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Nodosaur posted:

Funimation is not who you go to for good apps

It's not great but it's the better console video player of the two by far.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Delicious Party will consist of 15 DVD volumes (which I think equals out to about 47 episodes total):

https://twitter.com/precurenews01/status/1505367347414319107

Also at this point I’m guessing the show will likely be back sometime next month (maybe as early as the 10th)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It appears that CR has changed its policy recently and all future releases will be subscription only (meaning episodes will no longer be free for regular users a week after airing):

https://help.crunchyroll.com/hc/en-us/articles/4962816171412-Changes-to-Ad-Supported-Viewing-

It seems like this will apply to all currently running shows as well (including Delicious Party when it resumes)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Off the subject of Precure, for those interested the final season of Magia Record (unless they decide to adapt the game’s second arc one day) will debut in its entirety on April 3:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...g-song-/.183494

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Honoka and Nagisa are girlfriends.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

We’ve got two new toy releases on the horizon coming this month.

First up we have the Heart Juicy Mixer (aka the gun like weapons from some of the early art for the series) and the attacks associated with it:

https://twitter.com/precurenews01/status/1509730394534338566

Secondly and more interestingly, they’re apparently releasing a Gentlu plush:

https://twitter.com/precurenews01/status/1509729510274453508

And here’s a link to Bandai’s official website to confirm the latter:

https://www.bandai.co.jp/catalog/item.php?jan_cd=4549660809388000

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Apr 1, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It’s been confirmed now that episode 5 of Delicious Party will be reran on the 10th so hopefully that means the show will resume the following week

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Precure officially returns next weekend:

https://twitter.com/precurenews01/status/1511543050165620739

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami
Finally, some Delicious Party Precure.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And we’re back! This week, PamPam gets mistaken for a ghost, Amane makes her first proper appearance and we get more hints towards her (fairly obvious) secret, and the Cures discover Ran’s food blog (and make the connection that she was involved with the last few attacks)

Next time: Ran finally gets her revenge as the core team is at long last fully assembled

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Apr 17, 2022

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Love me some Precure fighting monsters un transformed

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Toei isn’t exactly being subtle here when it comes to Amane, are they

With the team finally assembled as of next week I wonder how much longer it’s going to be before White Hat Guy makes his debut (it’s really weird that we still don’t have an official name for him yet since he was one of the first things revealed about the season)

Also the narrator was barely in this episode aside from a bit at the beginning, let’s keep it this way

Larryb fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Apr 17, 2022

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Precure has risen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Interesting thing of note, in the leaked toy video from a while back Amane doesn’t have red eyes (which since it’s blatantly obvious at this point that she’s Gentlu could suggest that some kind of brainwashing is at work here)

As I mentioned above, I’m not a huge fan of the narrator (it kind of feels like the show is talking down to its audience in a way that Precure has never really done before).

It might be better if they just ditched her entirely or at least get a bit meta with it and have some scenes where the characters directly interact with said narrator