Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
every time i checked into that big 12 championship game, tech came within a point of ku or actually sprung ahead, and kansas only really won once i tuned away, so i guess i'm a reverse good luck charm or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

lol gently caress Duke

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I am weeping openly

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Freaquency posted:

lol gently caress Duke

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Cannot believe we just won that, absolutely insane. Wish I'd gone, glad I've been to some games this season; let's see where we end up

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I'm done, I don't even care if somebody beats us in the 1st round

Edit: first championship in 43 YEARS

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

mdemone posted:

I'm done, I don't even care if somebody beats us in the 1st round

Edit: first championship in 43 YEARS

gently caress it lets win 6 more

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Jose Valasquez posted:

gently caress it lets win 6 more

Don't get me going

Ima run straight through a wall right now

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

They gotta give us a 4-seed right?!?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

mdemone posted:

They gotta give us a 4-seed right?!?

Everyone agrees Duke is a 2, and we beat them handedly so by the associative property of basketball we should be at least a 2

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Okay I'm gonna promise not to buy any championship merchandise

Until probably Monday

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Jose Valasquez posted:

Everyone agrees Duke is a 2, and we beat them handedly so by the associative property of basketball we should be at least a 2

Beating a 2 makes you a 1 imo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/jade_bunn/status/1502865621842804736?s=20&t=r0J31tmX5tIY5veqEXzDtw

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

chaoslord posted:

Beating a 2 makes you a 1 imo

Stratego seeding

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Big West title to Cal State Fullerton

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Lamar Jackson in disguise.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Finals today:
  • Ivy (12 noon): Yale vs. Princeton, neither particularly great by past Ivy standards but Princeton shoots well enough they could cause problems
  • SEC (1 PM): Tennessee vs. Texas A&M, who might be in but will be sweating if they lose
  • A-10 (1 PM): Richmond, who is on a great run and needs this win vs. a very good Davidson team that will ruin somebody’s NCAAs
  • American (3:15): Memphis vs. Houston, potentially good game that means nothing for seedings because the bracket will be done
  • Big Ten (3:30): Iowa vs. Purdue, same

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Getting geared up to be dissapointed!!!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

"The Spiders are dancing" -- not a great sentence in most contexts, but that was fun.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

"The Spiders are dancing" -- not a great sentence in most contexts, but that was fun.

parachuting into our hearts

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Last Sunday, an Iowa team led by the most dynamic player in school history beat Indiana in Indianapolis to get a Big Ten Championship

Today, an Iowa team led by the most dynamic player in school history beat Purdue in Indianapolis to get a Bug Ten Championship

Iowa is the home of Big Ten Basketball supremacy! Eat (game-winning) poo poo rest of the conference.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

UGA, for some reason, hired Mike White away from Florida?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Oh no not mike white

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

UGA, for some reason, hired Mike White away from Florida?

The upside is that White's not Crean. That bar's so low it's the ground itself, but he's not Crean.

Georgia basketball has so many systemic issues that I'm not going to boo it much. If White could get any positive traction in player recruiting and retention, I'm willing to give him a try. Georgia's not going to compete for an SEC championship anytime soon, bar a tornado hitting the SEC tournament site.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
1st 4 for Rutgers, but should be a big favorite against Notre Dame.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Give Tennessee that #2seed, you know you wanna

Demon Of The Fall fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Mar 13, 2022

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Did not expect Duke to get shipped out west. Maybe Tennessee jumped them on the 2 line?

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Looks like we're all Cal State Fullerton fans this week.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Selection show commercial breaks while your team is on the bubble are BRUTAL times

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Gonna need Davidson to beat Duke please

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

facialimpediment posted:

Selection show commercial breaks while your team is on the bubble are BRUTAL times

HELL YEAH

BRING ON COLORADO STATE

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Booooooooooooo

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
How good is Houston, id like Illinois to make a sweet sixteen some day

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I feel like the committee is getting shittier and shittier at seeding?

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I already bought a shirt

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Tennessee should be a 2

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Michigan made it in, and not even in the play-n games?

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Sunday games don't matter unless it's an automatic qualifier, Tennessee's seed was probably set after last night.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I actually think Tennessee’s road might be easier as a 3, I’m okay with it. Good motivation as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Bird in a Blender posted:

Michigan made it in, and not even in the play-n games?

The strength of schedule was nuts, like #3 nationally and like #26 out-of-conference. So while Michigan gacked away some Quad-2 games, drat near every other game they played was a Quad-1 game. Combine that with a .500+ record in the Big Ten and that'll do it. Probably like 5th/6th last-in.

KenPom LOVES Michigan, like #32-ish.