Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Nebrilos posted:

Especially Chilchak, who has only another ~15 years or so, he really isn't tempted by the prospect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Nebrilos posted:

I'm a little surprised that the whole party immediately rejected the idea of a life-expectancy of 1000 years. Like, not even one of them was tempted? I know in many other works of fiction (and there are examples in history too), there are people who would make any sacrifice in the name of immortality. 1000 years might not be forever, but from the perspective of a human, (or especially a halfling, which only lives to age 40) it may as well be. Especially Chilchak, who has only another ~15 years or so, he really isn't tempted by the prospect?

Does being a dungeon master in and of itself warp a person? Or is that people show their true colors when given access to the ultimate power?

Chil just wants to reconcile with his wife and spend a comfortable retirement running a store, and he's a cynic who tends to distrust things anyway. He knows better than to think this wild scheme is actually going to work, and he's already seen the misery of people with an extra thousand years of life firsthand. Besides, we've already met a halfling cranky about old folks like Chil running halfling affairs on the island and dictating what folks can do. Imagine what a thousand-year gerontocracy would do to that social system.

Senshi's all about the natural order of things, a fella who's smoothly integrated himself into the dungeon ecosystem. And he's been living a miserable, lonely, traumatized life anyway, which is why he's been hiding out in the dungeon all this time - he doesn't feel like he can return to society anymore. He's got little use for life extension. Besides, he distrusts the hell outta magic.

It seems like the demons seek out people who have warped desires already. The more ridiculous and unrealistic the dream they're devoted to, the more they'll rely on the demon's power to make it happen. Marcille wanted this whole life extension thing from the start, that's why she was studying illegal ancient magic.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also the stated method for achieving her goal is infinite dungeon expansion, and even (or especially?) a monster nut like Laios can tell you that dungeons are dangerous at the best of times.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

ThingOne posted:

Legs for days
Looking forward to Namari's reaction.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

ThingOne posted:

Legs for days

The old razzle dazzle

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
likely god exists in this manga's universe so suicide would be a hellbound sin. 1000 years is too long

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Relin posted:

likely god exists in this manga's universe so suicide would be a hellbound sin. 1000 years is too long

Come over to my temple, your god sounds like a dick.

We haven't seen any signs of a church, so I expect a multitude of believes.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
healing magic isn't divine in this setting. if there are clergy they either aren't empowered or aren't going out to dungeons.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
So I'm dumb as hell. I thought the author of Dungeon Meshi also wrote and did the story of Frieren at the Funeral, but she did a different comic with a similar premise,Ryuu no Gakkou wa Yama no Ue. At least it led me to Frieren!

Edit: and I continue this dumbassery by confusing the threads.

Donkringel fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 10, 2022

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

Donkringel posted:

So I'm dumb as hell. I thought the author of Dungeon Meshi also wrote and did the story of Frieren at the Funeral, but she did a different comic with a similar premise,Ryuu no Gakkou wa Yama no Ue. At least it led me to Frieren!

Edit: and I continue this dumbassery by confusing the threads.

Crossover would be fun. Imagine the conversations between Frieren and Marcille about magic and lifespans.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

Chapter 41: Local Cuisine

Some backstory and rational for Marcille, a new kind of monster, and what seem like steps towards a finale.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Baby Marcille is adorable.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
stuff like having a funny comedy bit going the same time they describe her incredibly hosed up childhood is why dungeon meshi is da best lol

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
I like how proactive and sassy Izutsumi is being this chapter.

Many good Marcille faces.

Excellent panel:

HouseofGlass
Apr 18, 2005
Quick! To the Bat-Fax!
I'm just glad we finally have confirmation that Marcille is Italian.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

This is like, the platonic ideal of a perfect Dungeon Meshi chapter. Deep lore, a monster battle, cooking and eating, and Marcille being cute.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Jesus Christ having a half-child is hosed up in that world.

Milestones? gently caress your milestones. This kid is potty trained on THEIR OWN TIME.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Don't walk while you eat, Izutsumi. :colbert:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I appreciate how Marcille's dad had a dadbod physique. Dungeon Meshi's really good with body type representation.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
RiP Octodad

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

RiP Octodad

Very surprised he didn’t get eaten.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Ethiser posted:

Things that are probably not conducive to negotiating with Marcille:

– Eating her dad

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

Ethiser posted:

They just ate, so Senshi would be against it, and since the Kraken, Laios doesn't like cephalopods.

I'm more worried about Izutsumi telling Chilchak that maybe he won't make it to the surface.Considering he's the oldest (for his lifespan) of the party, and that he told them what he would like to do for retirement, the death flags are pilling up.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

SexyBlindfold posted:

Don't walk while you eat, Izutsumi. :colbert:

Just try telling a cat what to do.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Wait, why didn't they make a pasta dish?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Nebrilos posted:

Wait, why didn't they make a pasta dish?

That was Senshi's idea of a pasta dish with pork.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Saizeriya was closed.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/LLaddius/status/1492774016767119363

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

https://twitter.com/SugoiLITE/status/1503367245325488129

OP is supposedly a reliable leaker. Guess we'll see in the coming weeks/months.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
gay elf, animated

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Balache404 posted:

Wonder if it's going to be Trigger again. They've got a couple projects already lined up, but they did the trailer for Delicious in Dungeon a bit back.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I hope it's done with the amount of care it deserves, it would really suck to see a half-assed anime come out of this.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Balache404 posted:

Id bet on it happening even if the leak is fake

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
A lot of the humor in Dungeon Meshi is stuff that happens quietly in the background. I wonder how they will try to animate that.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
https://mangadex.org/chapter/172f7128-4c3f-408b-890a-3b702bdad40f

WAY TO GO MARCILLE

On the one hand I don't think Trigger would half-rear end it, on the other hand I hope you're ready for Dungeon Meshi to get a whole lot hornier.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

MikeSevigny posted:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/172f7128-4c3f-408b-890a-3b702bdad40f

WAY TO GO MARCILLE

On the one hand I don't think Trigger would half-rear end it, on the other hand I hope you're ready for Dungeon Meshi to get a whole lot hornier.

The Little Witch Academia anime was wholesome though :3:, and, if they do this one, I'm sure Dungeon Meshi will be too.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

everything is normal

still patiently waiting for falin

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
"that's quite an outfit"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Dog Kisser posted:

"that's quite an outfit"

She has what would be the default outfit for Queen of Elves in most of fantasy settings, but in Dungeon Meshi it just looks utterly ridiculous and its great. :allears:

Otherwise it's just short and nice chapter to further demonstrate just how hard did the poo poo just hit the fan.