Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nebrilos posted:

A lot of the humor in Dungeon Meshi is stuff that happens quietly in the background. I wonder how they will try to animate that.

A lot of shows have background gags quietly happening, so I don't see a reason that would be a real difficulty.

If we're bringing up Trigger, there were even whole little subplots in the background for Gridman episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the truth is dungeon meshi should be done in wallace and gromit style claymation

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Weirdly short chapter this time, wonder what happened?

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Snooze Cruise posted:

the truth is dungeon meshi should be done in wallace and gromit style claymation

:hmmyes:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I agree with the dwarves, the elves hosed everything up.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Brought To You By posted:

I agree with the dwarves, the elves hosed everything up.

It absolutely would have gone to poo poo anyway, but the elves definitely accelerated the time table by a lot.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

Captain Invictus posted:

It feels like it was intentionally short for emphasis, the sort of thing that (say) One Piece could never get away with, but here we're close enough to the end and there's enough trust from editorial that you can get away with doing a chapter where all anyone's interested in is how hosed everybody is. Nobody from the main cast even shows up.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
There was the little promo that they did for the uhhh tankobon release, I think? Would be nice to see this level of production for the whole dang thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlB-_rgSLBI

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh I forgot that one had monster falin in it too, she looks bad rear end

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
loving long lived races. Why do they get an emergency red phone connection with each other? Where is the tall man and halfling groups huh?

We may not live as long but we are superior at establishing dynastic monarchies, the most superior of feudal governments!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I did not realize that her dress was an aviary.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Captain Invictus posted:

I wonder if it was a pacing for the book thing so the last bit in a volume is just a chapter of “we’re hosed”, and also a bit more hype for the last arc in the magazine

E: it makes me laugh to remember when they first found Falin we were predicting the end of the comic like 50 some chapters ago

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Fellis posted:

I wonder if it was a pacing for the book thing so the last bit in a volume is just a chapter of “we’re hosed”, and also a bit more hype for the last arc in the magazine

E: it makes me laugh to remember when they first found Falin we were predicting the end of the comic like 50 some chapters ago

Harta's a pretty flexible magazine. I know that Masao Ōtake (Hinamatsuri) started a new manga in it recently with a 11 page first chapter, so... dunno. Might be something going on over there, might just be the usual ebb and flow of things.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

MikeSevigny posted:

On the one hand I don't think Trigger would half-rear end it, on the other hand I hope you're ready for Dungeon Meshi to get a whole lot hornier.

Only if they do this scene justice:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i just want laius' va to do his dog impression well

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

amigolupus posted:

Only if they do this scene justice:

Cue Blumenkranz/the Scanty & Kneesocks theme

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

DrSunshine posted:

Cue Blumenkranz/the Scanty & Kneesocks theme

I'm legitimately sure that I'm mentally prepared to have those get played out-of-context in another Trigger show.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
New chapter out!

Mithrun showing a tiny bit of emotion right before getting gibbed...

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Winged Lion has garbage taste in villain attire.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

The manga does a fantastic job making you care about the characters and their motivations. I know that the Canaries losing here is bad for the bigger picture, but at the same time I was rooting for Marcille to beat these snooty elves who think their way is the only correct option.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
If Marcille wants my support the least she could do is get the Lion to give her a slightly less awful outfit

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i wonder if the author has seen the movie Legend

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

amigolupus posted:

The manga does a fantastic job making you care about the characters and their motivations. I know that the Canaries losing here is bad for the bigger picture, but at the same time I was rooting for Marcille to beat these snooty elves who think their way is the only correct option.

Yeah, it's pretty funny. The Canaries are in the right that this whole situation needs to be stopped and Marcille needs to be detached from the Winged Lion, but the elves in general and the Canaries in particular have been such gigantic assholes about this entire thing on every level that it's pretty satisfying to watch someone finally shut them up definitively.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Kanos posted:

Yeah, it's pretty funny. The Canaries are in the right that this whole situation needs to be stopped and Marcille needs to be detached from the Winged Lion, but the elves in general and the Canaries in particular have been such gigantic assholes about this entire thing on every level that it's pretty satisfying to watch someone finally shut them up definitively.

Definitely. I cheered when the saviors of the world got their asses gibbed.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
If the name of the chapter is still what's being eaten in the chapter/arc, this isn't going to end well.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Dungeon Meshi: this isn't going to end well

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Guess im the odd one out in the thread!

I dont want the elves to die. And apart from the fur skirt i think Marcille’s new outfit is kinda cool

e: Unicorn horn as a makeshift weapon is a cool idea

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Apr 15, 2022

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
when the elite team goes up against the big bad in their first straight up fight, ESPECIALLY if they're not the main characters, they are going to get worfed at minimum

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

The lion just totally ate something from Marcille when he kissed her.

Scallop Eyes posted:

If the name of the chapter is still what's being eaten in the chapter/arc, this isn't going to end well.

They still haven't eaten Thistle, so I think Marcille is safe.

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013

Lurking Haro posted:

Yeah, the lion clearly ate her fear and maybe anger there at the end which is uhhhh not good. Or something like compassion or whatever. I'm all for banging up some elves but the scene of Marcille straight up mercilessly blowing anyones brains out does not sit right with me.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Lurking Haro posted:

The Lion literally grabbed his desires out in a crystalline chunk and nommed it. Sure his physical body is still in the house (somewhere?) but it's not looking bright for him after he got his Chapter title spree.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

The Lion literally grabbed his desires out in a crystalline chunk and nommed it. Sure his physical body is still in the house (somewhere?) but it's not looking bright for him after he got his Chapter title spree.

Waiting for the dungeon banquet then.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i like the the outfit. the cap is a bit goofy but might come off at a point. i think fan artists are going to be a fan of it. she gets to be fluffy like falin :)

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

i like the the outfit. the cap is a bit goofy but might come off at a point. i think fan artists are going to be a fan of it. she gets to be fluffy like falin :)

it fits her taste

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
How could the lion eat her fear, if demons can only eat desires?

Also, Mithrun's argument really sucked. I guess he didn't know or care enough about Marcelle to make a good argument. His argument was about how the demon would eventually cause her to suffer, but if he made an argument about how the demon is trying to escape so it can devour the whole world, she might have been swayed.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Guess im the odd one out in the thread!

I dont want the elves to die. And apart from the fur skirt i think Marcille’s new outfit is kinda cool

e: Unicorn horn as a makeshift weapon is a cool idea

Same.

Canaries are pretty cool for a bunch of elf assholes, meanwhile, Marcille is also an (half-) elf and is currently the most terrifying version of chunibyo: the one who has the power to make all their delusions a reality, so I was firmly on Team Canaries on this one. :colbert:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Nebrilos posted:

How could the lion eat her fear, if demons can only eat desires?

Also, Mithrun's argument really sucked. I guess he didn't know or care enough about Marcelle to make a good argument. His argument was about how the demon would eventually cause her to suffer, but if he made an argument about how the demon is trying to escape so it can devour the whole world, she might have been swayed.

Yeah, I'm not sure it ate anything, unless Marcille had a secret desire to be terrified for her life.

Mithrun's argument makes perfect sense for Mithrun to make because he's the only person who's experienced this process personally so it's a sore spot for him. Being a canary for revenge for it is the only thing that he can feel anymore and it's the only thing keeping him alive.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Same.

Canaries are pretty cool for a bunch of elf assholes, meanwhile, Marcille is also an (half-) elf and is currently the most terrifying version of chunibyo: the one who has the power to make all their delusions a reality, so I was firmly on Team Canaries on this one. :colbert:

I mean, aside from wanting to kill or imprison our entire main cast against their will rather than cooperating with them in any way to solve the problem, sure.

I don't think they all deserve to die but they really, really needed an extremely thorough humbling.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Lurking Haro posted:

Her fear, most likely.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
It ate her desire for a less ridiculous outfit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Alopex posted:

It ate her desire for a less ridiculous outfit.

"I'm fabulous, gently caress off canaries!"