Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Now this is a chapter of cliffhangers.
Our boy Alice has been hiding his true power and Kamui finally gets a chance to flex properly after playing Diplomat during the Harvest Festival

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Brought To You By posted:

Now this is a chapter of cliffhangers.
Our boy Alice has been hiding his true power and Kamui finally gets a chance to flex properly after playing Diplomat during the Harvest Festival

Judging by his mom I am excited to see what Alice can do.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the power reveal really needed a DUN DUN DUNNNN sound effect to go with it

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I like how this test is a mirror of what the teachers do every day.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'm sure there's a very specific reason Alice doesn't use his bloodline ability and I'm sure it's because it embarrasses him.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm sure there's a very specific reason Alice doesn't use his bloodline ability and I'm sure it's because it embarrasses him.

Considering his mom is probably the most famous succubus in the realm, I imagine it's some kind of seduction ability.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

wokow6 posted:

Considering his mom is probably the most famous succubus in the realm, I imagine it's some kind of seduction ability.

That'd probably overlap a bit too much with Elizabetta's ability which is also a seduction one. It's likely connected to his preference in fire magic, but might be something like a white fire that can inflame people's passions and make them more powerful and when used on himself turns him into a giant dork of some kind.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I feel like something at least vaguely flirty has to be involved, if only because the only thing I can think of that Asmodeus would find really and truly embarrassing is something that implies disloyalty to his beloved Iruma-sama.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Culture and Education

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So we finally understand what the birds power really is.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Hunt11 posted:

So we finally understand what the birds power really is.

I hate that I have to give him even a little respect, but Caim really put in the work for that power

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I can't believe they made him come across as pretty cool here.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
This manga does really good versions of things other mangas do quite frequently.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
An Ode to Life in Bloom

Still no hints about his Bloodline Magic

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Just a flashback of Iruma hanging out with his boyfriend, nbd.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I don't think it's unique to Iruma-kun, but Nishi is absolutely the best author of all the current series I read for making the relationship between cast members wholesome as gently caress. The way the misfits interact with each other really sells how close they are as a group and I'm glad that Alice is getting another slice of that pie this chapter with how his own mother's advice allowed Iruma to avert Alice divulging something sensitive despite his severe loyalty to Iruma. And then there's the matter of Clara's wings

You're going to job Alice, but you're going to job in style.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Blue and Purple

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
So I get the impression that Ifrit-sensei is like Kalego in that they don't have a traditional familiar and have some kind of animate mana that's unique to their bloodlines. Also Alice did all that just to slightly annoy a teacher is a nice way to keep the educators on top. RIP my boy Camui, he'll rebound next chapter I'm sure.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

So I get the impression that Ifrit-sensei is like Kalego in that they don't have a traditional familiar and have some kind of animate mana that's unique to their bloodlines. Also Alice did all that just to slightly annoy a teacher is a nice way to keep the educators on top. RIP my boy Camui, he'll rebound next chapter I'm sure.

Nope, Camui is dead! Didn't you see the "DED!" sound effect?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I think you missed the memo where bird is the word. I believe in the little pervert.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

New Chapter

Congrats to Opera for being #2 in the character poll

I did not expect to get a Camui backstory arc, but here we are

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xYXUeSmb-Y
Kamui flashback ard? Let's loving go!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Also, the creator did an anniversary stream and made sketches based on the art in my previous post of a mafia AU

https://twitter.com/eiyen_/status/1500024244067250178

https://twitter.com/eiyen_/status/1500025630590914560

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Xelkelvos posted:

Congrats to Opera for being #2 in the character poll

Big ouch that Clara didn't make top 15.

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

Kanos posted:

Big ouch that Clara didn't make top 15.
She's literally number 6 though.

But also Mother Father Gentlemen Camui

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Xelkelvos posted:

Also, the creator did an anniversary stream and made sketches based on the art in my previous post of a mafia AU

https://twitter.com/eiyen_/status/1500024244067250178

https://twitter.com/eiyen_/status/1500025630590914560

Sort of feels like an AU where Iruma made friends when his terrible parents sent him to do dangerous work.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Missingnoleader posted:

She's literally number 6 though.

But also Mother Father Gentlemen Camui

oh my god, i didn't even see her in the corner because she's so tiny.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Those are some very good pictures.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Waiting for Sabnock to pierce the top 10, he's among my favorite of the Misfits. Also surprised that Agares got that high up. Chestnut head's beauty really does win over the masses.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Waiting for Sabnock to pierce the top 10, he's among my favorite of the Misfits. Also surprised that Agares got that high up. Chestnut head's beauty really does win over the masses.

We just gotta have one good Sabnock arc

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

We just gotta have one good Sabnock arc

I know it's coming. He's the noble lion, battle buddy with Iruma's best friend and his uncle is the leader of the main antagonistic force. I can wait for Sabnock's arc because all the pieces are in place and after that he'll probably be much more prominent in the story.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I think one thing that helps Kamui be more tolerable than other, similar characters is that he's mostly just a gigantic simp rather than an actual sex criminal. Like, there's times when he crosses the line, but they seem much rarer and easier to ignore than what folks like Mineta and Sanji get up to.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Darth Walrus posted:

I think one thing that helps Kamui be more tolerable than other, similar characters is that he's mostly just a gigantic simp rather than an actual sex criminal. Like, there's times when he crosses the line, but they seem much rarer and easier to ignore than what folks like Mineta and Sanji get up to.

The fact that he gave some good advice about not taking advantage of a girl when effectively drunk does help as well.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Yeah, I don't remember Camui ever groping girls or making inappropriate comments to young girls the way Mineta did. Even when he teamed up with Crocell in the forest he never once made a pass at her.

I'd be impressed if he wins his fight with the teacher here by not doing the "haha he does a sexual harassment to make his enemy uncomfortable" solution that you see in other manga.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
He'll ask her on her perfect date.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Caim Camui *handshake meme* Sheriff Evans

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That final page is a masterpiece.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Link to the new chapter

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Well that was a wild ride of emotions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Amazing ending. This series is consistently good.