Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Stairmaster posted:

have you ever watched jcvd's cyborg

WHY WOULD I WANT A CURE?? I LIKE THIS WORLD!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

indigi posted:

surprised nobody tried to remake New Years Evil with like a twitch streamer

vaush krueger

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/SohrabAhmari/status/1504888420186865666

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Stairmaster posted:

why does hollywood do less coke did they fry out all the receptors in their brains or something

they care more about living forever today

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lmao check the hidden reply to this tweet

https://twitter.com/marvelstudios/status/1503732973014683649?s=21

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

not what I expected

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Durf posted:

I'm watching the documentary In Search of the Last Action Hero which is pretty fun

but modern day Ronny Cox is freaking me out in how much he looks like one the TRUMP thread face morphs

lmao holy poo poo

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Tricky D posted:

gently caress Netflix forever for dumping Mindhunter

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Tricky D posted:

gently caress Netflix forever for dumping Mindhunter

I thought David fincher just didn't feel like doing another one

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

absolutely lmaoing at the reveal that the Harry Potter rpg has chosen to make its villains anti-semitic Goblin caricatures doing actual, literal blood libel

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Lmao there's a show on netfli called "Is it cake" where they make hyper-real looking cake.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1504971230142779401

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

the review in the image isn't really saying that at all, just noting that the military imagery as a metaphor plays slightly differently when there's a war in the news. also why does some new york columnist guy give a poo poo about what's on at the donmar warehouse. seems like a bit of a dipshit.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

absolutely lmaoing at the reveal that the Harry Potter rpg has chosen to make its villains anti-semitic Goblin caricatures doing actual, literal blood libel

Rowling approved

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

i put the title through Google translate and back and got true detective: night soil

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

HootTheOwl posted:

Lmao there's a show on netfli called "Is it cake" where they make hyper-real looking cake.

Ah, ancient twitter memes make the best tv shows - Netflix

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Just imagining how much (non-cake) filler a fine program like that must need.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
It's pretty bog standard cooking show but I think its more appearance than taste.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/joncoopertweets/status/1504929039554908161

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

drat horror queefs posted:

The perifideous Other must be simultaneously weak, pathetic, and lowly but also overwhelmingly powerful

woah

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

:umberto:

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

the soviets made some good rear end art those few decades out from collapse right up to it.

where's the good art, America?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

They should have just let this show die after 1 season.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

AnimeIsTrash posted:

They should have just let this show die after 1 season.

eh, season 3 was fine.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Eric Cantonese posted:

I don't know. I tried watching this when they first made it available and it seemed pretty coked out to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMHwRal-AR8

they released this and Arctic at the same time, and Arctic is far superior

two winter themed movies with Mikkelsen, gently caress it just hurl them in there

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

HootTheOwl posted:

eh, season 3 was fine.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Koirhor posted:

I thought Travelers was pretty good would of been nice to see that concept with a higher budget

its budget was fine. they just wasted a bunch of time puttering around a bunch of pointless c-plots. I don't know what kind of psychic power patrick gilmore used to convince the producers his character needed fifteen minutes of banal drivel per episode, but it worked

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Ah, ancient twitter memes make the best tv shows - Netflix

absolutely dirt cheap to make, easily dubbed, and simple to chop into promo clips for socials. no need to appease the critic cabal anymore when tv reviewing is dead

netflix is done with the donut hole of compelling, original, mid-budget experiments. it's oscar/emmy bait or it's factory farmed content churn

theflyingexecutive has issued a correction as of 04:07 on Mar 19, 2022

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Part of the appeal of Travelers is the low budget Canadian sci fi charm.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Looks like disney is trying to cash in on that sweet sweet military space marine money.

Halo, Warhammer 40k, gears of war

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

My brother goes to Disney world with his wife and kids every few years, not like Disney Adult level but it's still at a point where I wonder how much money could be spent on trips going to places that Are Not Disney

By all means, take your kids to Disney but after a few times in a row I'm kinda thinking, hey, there's cool places that aren't theme parks and are easy to get around with kids

Dudes happy so it's whatever I guess

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm as always a few weeks behind the thread, but I just watched batman (it just came out in china) and it loving ruled. not the perfect movie (some pacing issues) but pretty much the perfect batman imo. really liked it. Also amazing that a major hollywood movie that isnt dune actually managed to look good! I thought they forgot about lighting and cinimatography.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

josh04 posted:

the review in the image isn't really saying that at all, just noting that the military imagery as a metaphor plays slightly differently when there's a war in the news. also why does some new york columnist guy give a poo poo about what's on at the donmar warehouse. seems like a bit of a dipshit.

Ahmari is basically a Catholic Integralist

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Mirello posted:

I'm as always a few weeks behind the thread, but I just watched batman (it just came out in china) and it loving ruled. not the perfect movie (some pacing issues) but pretty much the perfect batman imo. really liked it. Also amazing that a major hollywood movie that isnt dune actually managed to look good! I thought they forgot about lighting and cinimatography.

huh so china isnt just banning superhero movies willy nilly then

i wonder what disney did to piss them off i cant imagine it was anything that makes disney look sympathetic or else theyd have told us by now

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Some Guy TT posted:

huh so china isnt just banning superhero movies willy nilly then

i wonder what disney did to piss them off i cant imagine it was anything that makes disney look sympathetic or else theyd have told us by now

president xi cares about the tastes of people and wants to protect them from 3 hr long bad movies OP

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

domestic chinese movies aren't any better, they're just shorter

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Xaris posted:

president xi cares about the tastes of people and wants to protect them from 3 hr long bad movies OP

so he let Batman come out because….

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

oh no, the people who use the profits we made them to finance and elect Republicans have Republican values??? I’m shocked

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Atrocious Joe posted:

Ahmari is basically a Catholic Integralist

shakespeare is protestant culture, popey needs to back off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005