Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Quiet Storm has a bible verse on his shorts just above his crotch. That's funny to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

forkboy84 posted:

Quiet Storm has a bible verse on his shorts just above his crotch. That's funny to me.

Maximum comedy is if it's Leviticus 19:28.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lamuella posted:

Maximum comedy is if it's Leviticus 19:28.

Sadly no, it's Philippians 4:13 which is about the most generic quote imaginable, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Which now I think about it might be the tattoo Jon Jones has on his chest too. Although in his case it's more like "I can run away from a hit & run with a pregnant woman through Christ who strengthens me"

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Hey I managed to catch the Hosokawa/Prominence match!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Wish AEW was as good at establishing in-ring rivalries and personality with a single women's match per show as these guys.

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Mar 17, 2022

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
For a match focusing on rookies and people outside the promotion, this has been real smooth.

Liked that match a lot.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I find it interesting how often GLEAT have been willing to let their contracted women lose to outsiders. Not that I think it hurts at all, Hosokawa is obviously very young.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

A satisfying UWF Rules match really does remind me of watching early Pancrase.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

forkboy84 posted:

I find it interesting how often GLEAT have been willing to let their contracted women lose to outsiders. Not that I think it hurts at all, Hosokawa is obviously very young.

It makes sense because of how they started with just one. Michiko rules, but they couldn't have her always win. How many women are signed now? 3 or 4?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

It makes sense because of how they started with just one. Michiko rules, but they couldn't have her always win. How many women are signed now? 3 or 4?

I think it's 3 with Miyagi, Hosokawa & Madeline.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Looks like they're pushing for a 4-way unit war here, which would really freshen up the StrongHearts/Bulk Orchestra feud.

The way Quiet Storm talks and sounds is so weird. It's like he's doing an impression of what he thinks a Japanese person thinks a tough guy Westerner sounds like, if that makes sense.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Mar 17, 2022

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

I think it's 3 with Miyagi, Hosokawa & Madeline.

Is Madeline signed? In the UWF match she was billed as being from Diana.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

fez_machine posted:

Is Madeline signed? In the UWF match she was billed as being from Diana.

I'm not 100% but I think that in the aftermath of that she was signed based on comments I read on Twitter. But also Google translate isn't reliable so

Plus I did notice on the posters previewing the next G Pro card that Diana wasn't mentioned

https://twitter.com/LIDET_ENT/status/1503983571551547394?s=20&t=x6oRO3Ia_4MbCHJyw4ua5w

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 17, 2022

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Main Event of the New Japan/All Japan show is a tag with Sanada/Jake Lee vs Tanahasi/Kento

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Full card for the Korakuen Hall 60th Anniversary Show is out

Kosei Fujita vs. Ryo Inoue

Takao Omori, Yuto Nakashima & Ryohei Oiwa vs. Yoshitatsu, Ryusuke Taguchi & Master Wato

Toru Yano & Tajiri vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Black Menso~re

Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma, Yuma Aoyagi & Atsuki Aoyagi vs. Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi, Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI

Hirooki Goto, YOSHI-HASHI & YOH vs. Suwama, Shotaro Ashino & Dan Tamura

Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kento Miyahara vs. Jake Lee & SANADA

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Probably will have to be changed unless SANADA can recover from a broken orbital bone in less than a month

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Get Satoshi Kojima in there to sub imo

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Probably will have to be changed unless SANADA can recover from a broken orbital bone in less than a month

does it help or hurt healing that his skull's so cold?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'm interested to see if Kento does his full 4 minute intro for the main event, and also what Tana is doing in the background during it

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lily Catts posted:

Get Satoshi Kojima in there to sub imo

Agreed. Kojima rules, is a part of both companies history & most importantly he rules.

Next G Pro show will be live on Youtube

https://twitter.com/LIDET_ENT/status/1504782237598101504?s=20&t=R7WiKF5QAqCPKKTolX2OTQ

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

SG Bamboo posted:

I'm interested to see if Kento does his full 4 minute intro for the main event, and also what Tana is doing in the background during it

four minutes of pre-match air guitar

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

SG Bamboo posted:

Kento always comes out first, so I assume he'll be sitting behind the curtain waiting

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Preshow for DDT Judgement is starting now. Undercard looks whatever, but the top four matches look great

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Here's a match guide:
https://dramaticddt.wordpress.com/2022/03/18/ddt-judgement-2022-ddt-25th-anniversary-preview/

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm here for the Panda and TOKYOOOOOO

:munch:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hino deserves more than preshow battle royale

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

SG Bamboo posted:

Hino deserves more than preshow battle royale

Truth

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That is one Giant Panda.

Who can eliminate a competitor that big?

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

give me Yuji Hino vs Manabu Soya

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Lamo Andreza entering the ring

e: :smith:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Perfect :discourse:

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

big boys stay winning

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

POWERPOINT

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

the JAS better take notes

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1505408314662080516?t=7sMHjJz66f1QNQQimQGC1w&s=19

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I miss KUDO, he was rad as hell

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
God DDT is a great promotion

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

They really didn't need a clip of the Akiyama/Dieno match. We'd like to all forget it happened

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

SG Bamboo posted:

They really didn't need a clip of the Akiyama/Dieno match. We'd like to all forget it happened

this is basically the only dieno match i've watched in the last two years and honestly i thought it was kind of great but also all i needed to see in that two years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

TOKYOOOOOOO

e: Honda no! :ohdear:

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Mar 20, 2022