Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Motronic posted:

So you're confusing a "stand up" in agile terms with a weekly 1:1. These aren't supposed to be the same meetings/topics.

The only reason I brought it up was because I was worried someone was trying to low key Agile me. If I'm getting it wrong that's a positive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Volmarias posted:

Those meetings should really be 30m unless your reports actually want them longer.

Yeah mine are scheduled for 30m every week with my eng manager, and most of the time we don't use up all of those 30mins unless I feel like chatting or poo poo's going down.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Outrail posted:

The only reason I brought it up was because I was worried someone was trying to low key Agile me. If I'm getting it wrong that's a positive.

That's how they hook you.
A meeting here, a meeting there, telling people to keep it short and just focus on what's stopping them getting things done... next thing you know, you're waking up in a toilet stall caked in vomit with people calling you 'Scrum Master", and by then you're just plunging full-force into the abyss.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

The Scrum rear end

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Covid is over so no one needs to wear a mask unless a customer asks you to.

My coworker was shocked I wouldn't give him a ride without a mask on. He insists masks don't work.

Even a cloth mask is better than no mask.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Atopian posted:

That's how they hook you.
A meeting here, a meeting there, telling people to keep it short and just focus on what's stopping them getting things done... next thing you know, you're waking up in a toilet stall caked in vomit with people calling you 'Scrum Master", and by then you're just plunging full-force into the abyss.

Drowning in the office shitter was an option? Goddamnit I need to update our policies again.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Cowslips Warren posted:

My coworker was shocked I wouldn't give him a ride without a mask on. He insists masks don't work.

My son's school went Mask Optional (he's in pre-k and still wearing his) and within a week he's already gotten sick. Masks were such a damned Godsend.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

All project management systems are stupid because all project managers are useless middle management shitlers who combine the jobs of a salesman and analyst and do them both worse.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I am seriously considering doing something incredibly dumb. I'm considering trying to open my own brewery.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Escape From Noise posted:

I am seriously considering doing something incredibly dumb. I'm considering trying to open my own brewery.

Yes. Grasp your destiny and become the brewery owner/hellboss of your nightmares.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Please call your first beer “CEO Xtapalapaquetl”

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hell yeah, attempt the dream.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I need to find a business partner probably but...as egotistical as it sounds I'm pretty sure that know more than probably half the breweries in Kansai. Might as well give it a shot.

ATM Machine
Aug 20, 2007

I paid $5 for this

I need to find a business partner probably but...as egotistical as it sounds I'm pretty sure that know more than probably half the breweries in Kansai. Might as well give it a shot.

If you ever export a bit south of the pond to the east coast of Australia once you're famous I'd love to try some one day.

Please.

We can only tolerate so many more foods being converted into craft beers here and they're starting to eye famous people and there are bars popping up inside of silos now we need fresh blood before it's too late.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Looks like it's time to start the Kickstarter. Don't worry. I'll forget the vent hood.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Looks like it's time to start the Kickstarter. Don't worry. I'll forget the vent hood.

Make an Initial Coin Offering to raise money named wet coin with a picture of a drunk dog as the logo.

Edit: Brew. Beer. Blockchain.

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Mar 21, 2022

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

CarForumPoster posted:

Make an Initial Coin Offering to raise money named wet coin with a picture of a drunk dog as the logo.

Edit: Brew. Beer. Blockchain.

This makes sense since craft beer and IP theft go together like NFTs and IP theft.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

This makes sense since craft beer and IPA theft go together like NFTs and IP theft.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

This makes sense since craft beer and IP theft go together like NFTs and IP theft.

:drat:

Just remember that "good brewer" does not translate to "good business owner person" or to sales, marketing, etc.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Initial Beer Offering

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:

Cowslips Warren posted:

apparently the MSM having something else to talk about cures covid, didn't ya know?

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

My company has invented a way to become more productive: create an new position for a new business line, promote someone into the new job, eliminate their old job, and give other people their old responsibilities.

Why yes we do have a PE partner why do you ask?

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

Work is trying to figure out why people are leaving, and why new people won't work here.

So they're going to have a party with beer, and are gonna start having bingo games at lunch! That'll fix all the problems!

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
My job complained that I was out of work for too long (due to covid, and being stuck abroad), and therefore told me that I need to work 32.5 hours a week to make the bonus target.

Also Job: let's give him 32 hours per week, so we can get the most labor out of him, whilst also being able to deny him the bonus due to not reaching the required hours.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

MarxCarl posted:

Work is trying to figure out why people are leaving, and why new people won't work here.

So they're going to have a party with beer, and are gonna start having bingo games at lunch! That'll fix all the problems!
*more people leave*
*bingo game attendance now mandatory reflected in your performance bonus*

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Volmarias posted:

:drat:

Just remember that "good brewer" does not translate to "good business owner person" or to sales, marketing, etc.

Yeah, for sure

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

MarxCarl posted:

Forgot, the beer party is out by the dumpsters, keeping it classy!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

evilpicard posted:

Initial Beer Offering

Initial Pub Opening
Initial Pilsner Offering

E: make some Needlessly Fruity Tripels for it too

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

MarxCarl posted:

Are you run by/do you employ a lot of senior citizens?

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

Mister Facetious posted:

Are you run by/do you employ a lot of senior citizens?

If you mean old white men that freak the gently caress out each time a change happens, then yes, yes we do.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

From the "worst person you know just made a great point" files:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

People in my company cannot seem to grasp "putting less than a 10 on "I like my job" on the survey means we all get smaller bonuses". Like if you're pissed and jumping ship yeah I get it but we have a lifer who keeps putting 8 because "everyone can improve" and I think when we return to office his coworkers might shiv him in the subway station alleyways.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Barudak posted:

People in my company cannot seem to grasp "putting less than a 10 on "I like my job" on the survey means we all get smaller bonuses". Like if you're pissed and jumping ship yeah I get it but we have a lifer who keeps putting 8 because "everyone can improve" and I think when we return to office his coworkers might shiv him in the subway station alleyways.

Hold up.

Job satisfaction is correlated to pay?

This sounds impossibly stupid, has anyone attempted to explain the logic?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Outrail posted:

Hold up.

It's Japan, they do things differently.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Outrail posted:

Hold up.

It is, uh, profoundly loving stupid and all attempts to explain this is stupid and leads to a vicious feedback loop of "people rate the company poorly so bonuses go down so people rate the company poorly and leave" has been met with that face a dog makes when its trying to act like if it just thinks a little harder it will finally understand all the words you said

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
^^ You can just say 'Tucker Carlson face'.

Zil posted:

It's Japan, they do things differently.

I'd say this has diminished my respect for Japan but without any evidence, I'm about 90% certain I could find a similar example in any English-speaking nation so I'm sticking with 'Managment is impossibly stupid'.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I don't think this is a Japan specific problem. To me a Japan specific problem is that it took months to get a computer for someone because I needed an exemption form to get an english layout keyboard to override the automatically put in place exemption form to get a japanese language keyboard to override the default english layout keyboard. An automatic exemption no one told me about so they kept rejecting my request because I wasn't attaching the exemption to that exemption to my request.

You might think that shouldn't take months once solvee, and you'd be right until you find out during covid while the office is shut down I had to mail a physical copy of the form to the office and then someone had to pick it up and approve the physical form and then pass it through a chain of physical deliveries when again, no one was supposed to be in office.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Outrail posted:

Hold up.

The financial beatings will continue until morale improves.

Unrelated: team lead position (that would have been very nice on a resume, as someone actively looking to leave and receiving next to zero acknowledgment and definitely 0 offers) was eliminated and 100% of its duties shifted to me, with none of the authority to actually make poo poo happen but retaining the responsibility for it going wrong. Great. I loving hate management.
Wish any of these applications would come back with a living wage. Only ones that reply to me want to pay low enough I can't swing rent, let alone anything else.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Initial Pale Ale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

SkyeAuroline posted:

The financial beatings will continue until morale improves.

Unrelated: team lead position (that would have been very nice on a resume, as someone actively looking to leave and receiving next to zero acknowledgment and definitely 0 offers) was eliminated and 100% of its duties shifted to me, with none of the authority to actually make poo poo happen but retaining the responsibility for it going wrong. Great. I loving hate management.
Wish any of these applications would come back with a living wage. Only ones that reply to me want to pay low enough I can't swing rent, let alone anything else.

Get the title on your resume as an internal lateral promotion. gently caress HR.