Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Anyone else reminded of Sukuna's black box and Megumi's shadow storage from the way Rika is able to store cursed techniques? It looks like she stores them in a pocket dimension of sorts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I think we're all glad that Megumi/Yuji didn't pick the Sendai colony since this is where the real OG's reside. The fact that the strongest dude in that colony was a modern sorcerer is a godsend. If Reggie had been on the level of any of the Sendai reincarnations Megumi would have died horribly.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is the Kaisen 0 movie a One Night Only thing or is it gonna stay around for a while like a normal movie

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is the Kaisen 0 movie a One Night Only thing or is it gonna stay around for a while like a normal movie

Not sure how long it's in theaters, but I know with cinemark the sub was last night and the dub is tonight

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Here it's showing Friday-Tuesday, then one (last?) showing next Friday.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Also I suspected it would be the case but glad we got to see how Dhruv's technique worked. About what I imagined with unblockable path in the air since the domain would negate any other techniques within their path

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Shinjobi posted:

Not sure how long it's in theaters, but I know with cinemark the sub was last night and the dub is tonight

Looking through my theaters, it's airing through next week at least

Cool

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brought To You By posted:

Also I suspected it would be the case but glad we got to see how Dhruv's technique worked. About what I imagined with unblockable path in the air since the domain would negate any other techniques within their path

Viz Chapter is out as well. https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-178/chapter/24140?action=read

Seeing Dhurv's technique in action it makes sense why Uro and Kurourushi thought it was a bad match up.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Viz Chapter is out as well. https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-178/chapter/24140?action=read

Seeing Dhurv's technique in action it makes sense why Uro and Kurourushi thought it was a bad match up.

Yeah, given the size of the his Shikigami he had the equivalent of the great wall of china around him. And like Yuta he could probably deploy smaller simple shikigami as well for close range fights.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Great chapter.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Gonna be honest folks I watched the jjk movie and suddenly the last 40 or so chapters make a *lot* more sense to me now

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I hadnt even thought about how this must come off to someone who hadnt read jjk0

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Patware posted:

I hadnt even thought about how this must come off to someone who hadnt read jjk0

"who the gently caress"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

One thing I might have forgotten or missed, how is Rika back now?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Patware posted:

If you have been reading this series from the beginning how to you miss it?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Electric Phantasm posted:

One thing I might have forgotten or missed, how is Rika back now?

They talk about it a bit in the last chapter, but my understanding is that the original Rika was a girl that got possessed by Yuta's technique, but now this Rika is just his technique without being used to accidentally possess a little girl

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Hamelekim posted:

If you have been reading this series from the beginning how to you miss it?

0 was in a different magazine, and was added to the app later than the core series in a separate category. I can see missing it.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

They talk about it a bit in the last chapter, but my understanding is that the original Rika was a girl that got possessed by Yuta's technique, but now this Rika is just his technique without being used to accidentally possess a little girl

I think the fan translation is more clear than Viz on this one. Yuta's curse technique is probably just copy like the sky woman suspects, but Rika left behind a fragment of her power that Yuta can tap into for up to 5 minutes and use as storage. He must have a heavenly restriction or something keeping him from using Copy on his own but makes up for it with his monstrous amount of cursed energy.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I knew jjk0 existed but i never got around to reading it. The last year has introduced so many characters and mechanics, i stopped closely following and just read week to week vaguely keeping up but not really understanding everything. When Yuta comes into the main story I just sort of accepted he was an as-of-yet unrevealed student but they really glossed over his details for some reason. Now a lot of that makes a lot more sense, and im rereading the culling game arc so far to refresh my point of view

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Yeah, I'm in the same boat, I didn't catch chapter 0 in the manga, but I watched the movie yesterday. I had read up on who the guy was in the wiki beforehand though.

My partner knows literally nothing about JJK and loved the movie so I'm gonna start her on the series soon, should be fun.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

my understanding of what's going on wrt Rika is that the actual soul of the person Rika Orimoto left for the afterlife at the end of JJK0, but the energy that made up her form as a curse was left behind and has been sustained by Yuta's absolutely obscene amount of power, and he's incorporated this vessel into his cursed technique as a way to increase his area of effect to do poo poo.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

my understanding of what's going on wrt Rika is that the actual soul of the person Rika Orimoto left for the afterlife at the end of JJK0, but the energy that made up her form as a curse was left behind and has been sustained by Yuta's absolutely obscene amount of power, and he's incorporated this vessel into his cursed technique as a way to increase his area of effect to do poo poo.

I finished the movie and then "wait, poo poo, why does he still have Rika then" also, but this makes sense. the curse was Yuta's, after all, it didn't come from Rika

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/1499/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-179?2022-03-25T1

Speed scan!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Let's loving Go Ryu!! Endless Hadoukens for everyone.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oh hey my question earlier got answered :v:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

aw dangit gege
I wanted to see the triple domain

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
A sign that Uro is out of cursed energy after the domain expansion attempt is that she's unable to maintain her technique to cover herself up. Gege thinking of everything

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

yum posted:

A sign that Uro is out of cursed energy after the domain expansion attempt is that she's unable to maintain her technique to cover herself up. Gege thinking of everything

No, it's explained in this this chapter and was brought up by Gojo early on. Right after using a domain people aren't able to use their own cursed techniques effectively. That's why both Yuta and Uro aren't able to do so but it's a caveat that Ryu is always on full blast whether using his technique or not so he's unaffected by this delay.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Honestly it feels more like a Heavenly Restriction than a cursed technique. Trading the use of a technique for the ability to throw around cursed energy way harder than anyone else.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Wonder if a third Kurourushi will attack.

Anyway Uro is not dead there was not points announcement. But she is probably out of the fight. Yuta might heal her in exchange for her points.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

No, it's explained in this this chapter and was brought up by Gojo early on. Right after using a domain people aren't able to use their own cursed techniques effectively. That's why both Yuta and Uro aren't able to do so but it's a caveat that Ryu is always on full blast whether using his technique or not so he's unaffected by this delay.

My eyes were going awooga so I somehow missed the very overt explanation.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
I love this whole fight and the sheer chaos from such powerful players doing their stuff all at once.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/1506/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-180

Fun way to end this one

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

love that Yuta decides to have a little fun. "just this once" :allears:

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Ryu's burning spirit won over Yuta to have a beam battle lol

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

yum posted:

Ryu's burning spirit won over Yuta to have a beam battle lol

I love this chain smoking greaser like you wouldn't believe :allears:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

I love this chain smoking greaser like you wouldn't believe :allears:

400 year old greaser.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
A cool thing, how Mahito’s transformation works.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Apr 10, 2022

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I just started reading this and I'm on chapter 22-ish or so. Really enjoying it. Did think it a little odd it introduced what feels like will be Yuji's supporting cast and then sort of abandons them to go do something else for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dawgstar posted:

I just started reading this and I'm on chapter 22-ish or so. Really enjoying it. Did think it a little odd it introduced what feels like will be Yuji's supporting cast and then sort of abandons them to go do something else for a while.

Well they were introduced as Megumi's Supporting Cast as Yuji has yet to meet them.