Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I finally got all achievements yesterday, finished with Lamy 30m with a maximum personal space build. Now I just need more coins to get upgrades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

njsykora posted:

I finally got all achievements yesterday, finished with Lamy 30m with a maximum personal space build. Now I just need more coins to get upgrades.

quoting myself, because the newest map is probably the fastest way to get coins now

Tamba posted:

Turns out the new map drops a ton of gold, if you can survive until minute 22

Tamba posted:

The map regularly ends et 15 minutes with all mobs being wiped out and death spawning and then an extra Death every minute after that (and dying after that counts as a win).
But unlike the other maps, you also get spawns of pots that drop coins as well after the Deaths start spawning. If you can last until minute 21, you'll collect a few thousand gold just from that.
Then at minute 21, you get one minute where the whole screen is filled with those pots and you just collect as much gold as you can (I probably could have gotten even more with the move speed item instead of Tiragisu).
After that minute is over, everything but the Deaths disappear, no idea if anything else happens after that

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Tamba posted:

quoting myself, because the newest map is probably the fastest way to get coins now

do you basically just use max duration laurel + lancet on poppea to survive that long?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Tempora Mutantur posted:

do you basically just use max duration laurel + lancet on poppea to survive that long?

The empty tome and spellbinder as well, because both of those affect lancet, but basically, yeah. You can see my items in the screenshot.
Also, walking diagonally at the end seemed to help with avoiding the Deaths, but I haven't really tested it

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Got this out of the blue from an old friend the other day, finally had a chance to try it out this morning and got a pretty nutty run after a half-dozen false starts-

Evolved Knife OP, Garlic+Bible combo OP, Evolved Cross slightly less OP. Each thing that you buy between runs jacking up the price of everything else is mega-rude in a way that I'm into. Feels like I should be saving up for the static Duplicator bonus, but I'm at 3500/8000 Gold for it :negative:

VVV I didn't have the Evolved Cross for long so maybe I didn't get a full impression of it. Meanwhile the Evovled Knife was letting me part through full screens of enemies like the Red Sea.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 26, 2022

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

That evolved cross was doing almost 2x the damage of every other weapon you had combined

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

C-Euro posted:

Meanwhile the Evovled Knife was letting me part through full screens of enemies like the Red Sea.

try it on Pasqualina, with her extra speed bonus it's basically a Vulcan gun

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Heaven Sword is deceptively good because of its infinite piercing and the fact that it does most of its damage behind you.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Especially in Inlaid Library where your room to manoeuvre is limited, having the cross is basically mandatory given how good it is at clearing a path.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

C-Euro posted:

Feels like I should be saving up for the static Duplicator bonus, but I'm at 3500/8000 Gold for it :negative:

Don't forget you can reset your powerups at any point and get the full cost of each of them back. It's not a bad idea to just buy whatever you can until you've completed a run or two, then reset to buy stuff that's actually good, like Amount and Greed.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

always make sure to buy the flashiest, priciest items first

this is Sound Financial Planning

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Was this ever posted here?
https://benediktwerner.github.io/vampire-survivors-power-up-calculator/
I'm now so flush with cash that it's basically a non-issue but I found it very useful while I was still leveling.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I wish the order you bought stuff didn't matter, but at least it's pretty easy to just buy the most expensive stuff first.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Sindai posted:

I wish the order you bought stuff didn't matter, but at least it's pretty easy to just buy the most expensive stuff first.
Oddly enough just increasing everything by 100*(already bought perks) comes to almost exactly the same total cost as the optimal purchase route.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Is the Library supposed to be easier than than the Factory? I've already gotten two 28+ minute runs in that level, including once on Hyper, but I can't seem to get much past 20 minutes in the Forest.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Library enemies are weaker than the other levels and they only come at you from two sides

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The two sides thing isn’t necessarily a benefit as it limits your movement so if you fall behind the DPS curve you can get boxed in super easily.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The only thing remotely hard about the library is the 25 minute boss being immune to knockback. Bonus points if you go grab tome as a 7th item, though that's less silly than it was before forest and factory had their piles of items added.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

dis astranagant posted:

The only thing remotely hard about the library is the 25 minute boss being immune to knockback. Bonus points if you go grab tome as a 7th item, though that's less silly than it was before forest and factory had their piles of items added.

It's not all bad though. That boss might be immune to knockback, but it's still slowed down by attacks that would have knocked back other enemies. If you put out enough damage, it pretty much stands still until it dies.

FrenchBen
Nov 30, 2013

dis astranagant posted:

Yeah, this poo poo cost me a run because I forgot about it. Nothing was penetrating the killzone, so took my eyes off it - Only to come back to a game over screen, and whoops didn't have any revivals!

Also how do you open these coffins in forest and factory, is it time-based or do you have to kill all their guardians?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Kill all the guardians then walk over the coffin, it'll spring open.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
If you play the beta version, the experimental lag fix is magic.

all damage numbers on
all mob flashing on
fireworks, duplicator, every spell with as many effects as possible
and I ain't picking up gems :rms:

it's much smoother

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Tamba posted:

bit of a catch22 maybe in that i already had 50% gold but thinking that if someone just rushes Pugnala, library is real good gold too just because Phieraggi am become death (without having to cheese death)

spider bethlehem
Oct 5, 2007
Makin with the stabbins
just evolved my glocks with the power of cake

i love this dumb loving game and its goofy sense of humor

pugnalla loving whips

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Try Yatta or Mortaccio with the guns. Those two have built in plusses to projectiles, and become absolutely stupid powerful

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Saw there had been some updates and thought it would be a good time to clear up the unlocks. Did la borra get buffed? Because holy poo poo is it good now. With the right passives, it creates a zone of death that turbofucks everything. The wave of golems at the end of hyper dairy plant just melted away, and that was with skull maxed out.

The new laser guns are cool too I guess, but they don't have the same tension as letting everything walk right up to you before killing it.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Dr.Smasher posted:

Try Yatta or Mortaccio with the guns. Those two have built in plusses to projectiles, and become absolutely stupid powerful

Nothing came close to touching me for the last 15 minutes of the game. Even the 25 minute boss melted before he could get to me.

spider bethlehem
Oct 5, 2007
Makin with the stabbins
I did Pugnala on Hyper Forest and evolved:
-Cross
-Lightning Ring
-Song of Mana
-Guns
-Bible
-Birbs

as well as 11 passives (Empty Heart, Skull, Clover, Punnarola, and Spinach). I also tried to wait until each passive was fully leveled before picking up any extra copies on the ground to get as far above the anticipated curve as possible before it occurred to me it probably doesn't work that way.

Not actually hard, but fun. Next up: Hyper Dairy!

spider bethlehem fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Mar 29, 2022

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Dr.Smasher posted:

or Dommario or I guess Pasqualina for the projectile speed bonuses. I'm not sure it's optimal but it's really cool looking

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Krochi gets 2 extra lasers and a damage bonus if you keep from using your revives.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Had a Hyper Library run where I went 6/6 on evolving my weapons (Knife, Cross, Garlic, Water, Ring, Wand) and I still died in the last minute. Sad!

Is the tiramisu upgrade worth getting? Usually when I die it's when I've been completely overrun by mooks, so a revive to half health doesn't sound terribly useful unless it either wipes the screen or give me a few i-frames.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
Nah, it's only worth getting since it upgrades the Guns. On its own it's not worth picking up.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

C-Euro posted:

Is the tiramisu upgrade worth getting? Usually when I die it's when I've been completely overrun by mooks, so a revive to half health doesn't sound terribly useful unless it either wipes the screen or give me a few i-frames.

It doesn't help much vs death but I only pick it up to evolve the guns. And then all the flashing lights from the game mesmerize me and some knockback immune boss munches me; then I am sad because the evolved guns are slightly less powerful. You can squeeze another few hundred gold out of the max run bonus as well.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

spider bethlehem posted:

I did Pugnala on Hyper Forest and evolved:
-Cross
-Lightning Ring
-Song of Mana
-Guns
-Bible

as well as 11 passives (Empty Heart, Skull, Clover, Punnarola, and Spinach). I also tried to wait until each passive was fully leveled before picking up any extra copies on the ground to get as far above the anticipated curve as possible before it occurred to me it probably doesn't work that way.

Not actually hard, but fun. Next up: Hyper Dairy!

I know on the library there are 3 tomes, if you grab the first one and level it to five you can grab the 2nd and get it to 6 but grabbing the third does not appear to take you to 7.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

koshmar posted:

I know on the library there are 3 tomes, if you grab the first one and level it to five you can grab the 2nd and get it to 6 but grabbing the third does not appear to take you to 7.

leveling to 6 is fake. you don't get any stats for doing so.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

dis astranagant posted:

Awe man. I guess you can just get to the bags of money faster then.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

dis astranagant posted:

I do wish they'd allow >5 levels though. Would be a nice bonus for holding off on picking up the things around the map. Like how you can pick up new items even if you are already carrying the max amount.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Squibbles posted:

I do wish they'd allow >5 levels though. Would be a nice bonus for holding off on picking up the things around the map. Like how you can pick up new items even if you are already carrying the max amount.

The upcoming engine change might fix this one way or the other.

I enjoy the meta-planning it brings for builds, but the upcoming Arcana update is going to change everything, if it's anything like Magic Survival's Artifacts.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The one thing I really dislike about the game is linking passives to weapon upgrades. With exactly 6 slots for each it makes builds feel so constrained.

The map and extra powerups help a little bit but even then I wish ones you picked up didn't take one of the 6 original slots so you were free to just go for them immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
The game is pretty easy. I think having to juggle sequencing based on rng is what gives the game the tension it has.