Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Is there a go to app to listen to the games tonight? Unfortunately I'm going to be stuck at work for most of them. Preferably free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
For listening you can use the March Madness official app and it is free. It kind of sucks during the round of 64 and 32 because they don't cover every game but I am guessing tonight will be all free.

Tune-In charges for everything now but they are your best bet otherwise.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Rick posted:

For listening you can use the March Madness official app and it is free. It kind of sucks during the round of 64 and 32 because they don't cover every game but I am guessing tonight will be all free.

Tune-In charges for everything now but they are your best bet otherwise.

Nice, I'll check that out. Yeah, I tried tune-in for an NFL playoff game but wasn't going to pay for it.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

St. Peters

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

🦚

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
I can't be too surprised, if anybody was going to gently caress up a golden ticket it's Purdue.

But so goddamn frustrating. One of the best 3 point shooting teams in the country goes 5-21. One of the best FT differential teams plays one of the worst ends up -6 attempts at the line. That's the most Purdue poo poo ever.

Good news next few recruiting classes are stacked and they'll have a beast of the team in 2-3 years. They'll be the 2nd 1 seed to lose to a 16.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

I can't be too surprised, if anybody was going to gently caress up a golden ticket it's Purdue.

But so goddamn frustrating. One of the best 3 point shooting teams in the country goes 5-21. One of the best FT differential teams plays one of the worst ends up -6 attempts at the line. That's the most Purdue poo poo ever.

Good news next few recruiting classes are stacked and they'll have a beast of the team in 2-3 years. They'll be the 2nd 1 seed to lose to a 16.

how tall is the next Purdue Tall Guy

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

R.D. Mangles posted:

how tall is the next Purdue Tall Guy

7'2, he'll be here next year, he's coming in from Sweden.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

7'2, he'll be here next year, he's coming in from Sweden.

not tall enough

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

not tall enough

He's a ginger

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Poque posted:

He's a ginger

a big ginger Swede? he's reaching Peak Goof

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Wiltsghost posted:

Is there a go to app to listen to the games tonight? Unfortunately I'm going to be stuck at work for most of them. Preferably free.

The Varsity Network is free and doesn’t even require making an account.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

In a conference filled with frauds, Purdue may be the most fraudulent of them all.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

resident posted:

The Varsity Network is free and doesn’t even require making an account.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Kirios posted:

In a conference filled with frauds, Purdue may be the most fraudulent of them all.

Purdue isn't in the SEC??

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
yep I’m out till at least one of Duke or UNC, preferably both, are done. not living under that cloud

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/DNeckel19/status/1507530932688932873

The numbers:
Gonzaga: 1-11
St. Peter's: 2-1

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 26, 2022

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

lmao

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

My god ISU make a basket.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
Arkansas, please.
I don't wanna play Duke again, I'm scared.
I'm scared of St. Peters too, but I'm terrified of facing coach K again.

Sincerely,
a UNC homer

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

OPAONI posted:

Arkansas, please.
I don't wanna play Duke again, I'm scared.
I'm scared of St. Peters too, but I'm terrified of facing coach K again.

Sincerely,
a UNC homer

Heard a Raleigh radio guy on the local radio telling the Arkansas radio dudes that nobody at UNC or Duke wants a rematch.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

tactlessbastard posted:

Heard a Raleigh radio guy on the local radio telling the Arkansas radio dudes that nobody at UNC or Duke wants a rematch.

This is accurate. The stakes are too high. It's one thing to play each other twice a year and have the games be part of the rivalry. It's another to potentially end each other's season. Adding in that it's K's last season and we humiliated him at his big party? gently caress.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
That actually sounds incredibly awesome? But gently caress em both Go Canes!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Arkansas gonna be heroes today for beating Coach K and then turn into villains overnight when we have to face off against St Peters in the final four

I told my wife before the tournament “At least UNC can’t hurt us” (they eliminated us in 3 straight Arkansas tournament appearances in 07, 15, and 17, although I still have angry flashbacks to the refball in 17), and yet, if we do manage to beat Duke somehow, they are our most likely F4 opponent.

Probably all for nought, Destiny is too strong, and we will just have to deal with one more round of Duke/UNC :negative:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

OPAONI posted:

Adding in that it's K's last season and we humiliated him at his big party? gently caress.

Thanks for that, by the way

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

chaoslord posted:

Arkansas gonna be heroes today for beating Coach K and then turn into villains overnight when we have to face off against St Peters in the final four

I told my wife before the tournament “At least UNC can’t hurt us” (they eliminated us in 3 straight Arkansas tournament appearances in 07, 15, and 17, although I still have angry flashbacks to the refball in 17), and yet, if we do manage to beat Duke somehow, they are our most likely F4 opponent.

Probably all for nought, Destiny is too strong, and we will just have to deal with one more round of Duke/UNC :negative:

I'll remember the name Joel Berry (II) for the rest of my life.

Pretty sure I annoyed a few of my co-workers for at least a week after that.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

OPAONI posted:

This is accurate. The stakes are too high. It's one thing to play each other twice a year and have the games be part of the rivalry. It's another to potentially end each other's season. Adding in that it's K's last season and we humiliated him at his big party? gently caress.

Agree. The 2012 final four game against Louisville was way more stressful than the title game. Kentucky was expected to win it all that year, and having your rival be the one to end it would have been the worst feeling ever, not to mention their fans never shutting up about it for eternity.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Penny may be hosed https://twitter.com/memphisnews/status/1507761680813465606?s=20&t=0-IGo5F3Ssma5A7kymtT5g

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

He can blame it on Lil Penny.

Internet Savant
Feb 14, 2008
20% Off Coupon for 15 dollars per month - sign me up!

Seems like penny has a real good chance to get a multi-year show cause like pearl and Sampson due to the cover-up/concealment parts along with other violations

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Never cooperate always conceal.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

elentar posted:

Penny may be hosed

Brendan Quinn (Athletic) is a national writer semi tied into Memphis and his viewpoint:

https://theathletic.com/news/memphis-mens-basketball-facing-multiple-level-i-violations-from-ncaa-investigation-reports/B7QVNLzgapBS/

quote:

Brendan Quinn, senior college basketball writer: This simply formalizes allegations and intensifies scrutiny. It's not particularly earth-moving that Memphis is going to face NCAA sanctions, but the revelation of *four* Level I infractions and the level of punishment that's likely coming is eye-opening.

This is significant and Memphis could be hit with everything from a postseason ban to a show-cause for Hardaway, and more. As we all know, though, the NCAA is often glacial in dolling out such penalties, so who actually knows when clarity will come on what Memphis is facing. Either way, this is ... not great ... and another blow to a program that's so often earmarked for criticism.

The guess here is that Memphis backs its man and rolls with Hardaway. The alternative is firing the city's most beloved son and demo'ing a program that's already badly slipping in relevancy to the once-irrelevant NBA team that moved into town two decades ago. Moving on from Hardaway feels like a non-starter at this point. Memphis might just have to embrace the chaos even more than it already does.

Dana O'Neil also at the Athletic makes a good point:

quote:

And hey, if he’s suspended for a little bit you can always turn to assistant coach Larry Brown. He knows a thing or two about coaching … and NCAA violations.

:v:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Rick posted:

rock chalk

Internet Savant
Feb 14, 2008
20% Off Coupon for 15 dollars per month - sign me up!

Rick posted:

They were bad at concealing the concealment (deleting a hard drive). Which to be fair, is peak Memphis.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Lol

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Go St. Peters and all, but UNC has a way better chance of beating Duke, right?

gently caress

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what if michael jeffery jordan runs on the court and kicks coach k in the ball sack

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
That poo poo sucks

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

R.D. Mangles posted:

what if michael jeffery jordan runs on the court and kicks coach k in the ball sack

Long as he's not swinging at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Outstanding moments in Duke fandom:
https://twitter.com/BlueDevilNation/status/1508071205844172802?t=bKEO1T9I5yH5f8pzXsmWMw&s=19
https://twitter.com/BlueDevilNation/status/1508071887435440130?t=mOVactoO_hNlqloAkTV5kQ&s=19
https://twitter.com/BlueDevilNation/status/1508072824950382600?t=kdxHvkDNI-5cVBs2l8RJtA&s=19