Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bunnyofdoom)

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Is that guy's name literally "Chad Eros"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Is he the same guy that ran for the provincial Conservatives in Chilliwack?

quote:

Eros is the father of nine kids and once was part of a Christian Rock group called Drill.

How many people named Chad Eros can there be?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

McGavin posted:

Eros is the father of nine kids

Tell me you're Catholic without saying you're Catholic

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

He's probably something far more insane, like quiverfull.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Also, you need to have a special kind of brain worms to run as a member of the BC Conservative party. There is zero chance of getting elected, so it's just you shouting from the rooftops that you're a horrible trashfire of a person.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

HackensackBackpack posted:

Is that guy's name literally "Chad Eros"?

It's Greek, for Chad Love

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

McGavin posted:

Also, you need to have a special kind of brain worms to run as a member of the BC Conservative party. There is zero chance of getting elected, so it's just you shouting from the rooftops that you're a horrible trashfire of a person.

conservatives.txt

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Argas posted:

conservatives.txt

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Big news from the first family in CanPol:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CityNewsTO/status/1510719688552112132

They used the wrong picture though:

In all seriousness, Michael Ford has an incredible story. Age 15, his father kills someone. 3 years later, dad goes to prison and he graduates from high school. Another couple of years later, having as far as I can tell done next to nothing besides earn whatever pilot's license you need to fly single engines waterplanes to Muskoka, he changes to his mother's name (understandable) and slides into a school board trustee seat, eventually inheriting uncle Rob's city council seat (not entirely literally, but y'know). Now, a veteran 27-year-old lifelong politician, he's ready to head over to a riding that has historically had no PC support until the OLP vote completely collapsed last election, and doesn't include his city council ward. Since the OLP are still a joke, the ONDP are content with consistent podium finishes, and the OPC are widely reviled for being poo poo, this might turn out interesting should he actually win the nomination.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
The legacy continues.

Such a tragedy the Ford family is abandoning Toronto municipal politics.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Did he deal drugs in high school? If not then I question his qualifications.

lowly abject turd
Mar 23, 2009

infernal machines posted:

The legacy continues.

Such a tragedy the Ford family is abandoning Toronto municipal politics.

lol if you actually believe some other member of the extended ford universe isn't going to run in his place

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

lowly abject turd posted:

lol if you actually believe some other member of the extended ford universe isn't going to run in his place

It's KKKrista's time to shine!

E: oh she's the covoy-supporting antimask copwife, not the KKKookies one

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

I feel like they may be exaggerating the importance of BC bud

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Kate I don't think you can smoke in the classroom

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

gently caress, I just had to put my cat down and I was ready to be real mad about the fact the most vets are curbside/drop-off only while dumbfucks are allowed to wander grocery stores maskless, but I was able to get a vet to visit my home for the process, and that was probably far better then being with him at the vet.

That said I will probably be very tempted to punch anyone dumb enough to admit to voting for Ford. Having to make tough financial choices for pet healthcare loving sucks. Don't let this fucker privatize healthcare and give us the joy of having to make even choices about what parts of our bodies are luxuries.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
N: Alberta fires Alberta Health Services CEO Dr. Verna Yiu

V: Dr. Yiu was one of the few higher-up people with credibility left in terms of Alberta's public health response. The amount of reallocation of resources to keep hospitals running through the Delta and Omicron collapse has been nothing short of herculean, and I think she should get a large portion of the credit for that. Current Alberta medtwitter speculation is either that she wasn't willing to stop demanding resources to treat patients - because the hospitals are still turbofucked - or that she would have been an obstacle in terms of further privatization efforts.

Albino Squirrel fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Apr 4, 2022

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Gotta drum up tourism in a pandemic somehow!!

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Never forget the failures of The Coward Douglas Ford.

He is responsible for all the misery and failures of COVID in Ontario and should be reminded by howling masses every day.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

gently caress, I just had to put my cat down and I was ready to be real mad about the fact the most vets are curbside/drop-off only while dumbfucks are allowed to wander grocery stores maskless, but I was able to get a vet to visit my home for the process, and that was probably far better then being with him at the vet.

That said I will probably be very tempted to punch anyone dumb enough to admit to voting for Ford. Having to make tough financial choices for pet healthcare loving sucks. Don't let this fucker privatize healthcare and give us the joy of having to make even choices about what parts of our bodies are luxuries.

Im sorry. :(

I have an appointment Wednesday to have one of mine put down (advanced liver disease and I dont want to make him suffer) and Im still not sure how its going to be handled. All I know is Im going to be a loving mess since he's my oldest cat and one I rescued as a kitten so I should probably avoid politics for the whole day.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

The hoodie that's been manufactured sleeveless? Sure, I can deal with it.

A big glass of white wine with steak? What a loving piece of poo poo.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

the red burns too much on the way down :(

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

InfiniteZero posted:

Hey that could just be the glass of wine he drinks while meal prepping and will switch to red while eating. You don't know.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

InfiniteZero posted:

I'm just not a fan of red wines. I'm sorry I've drunk moscato with my steak.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

mojo1701a posted:

Hey that could just be the glass of wine he drinks while meal prepping and will switch to red while eating. You don't know.

That was my first thought too.

He may be a Ford, but the man's not an animal

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

InfiniteZero posted:

LOL if you think that matters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baxY3ICYHf4

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

One Weird Trick the LCBO Hates: Drink Rosé With Everything

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Protip: Did you know you can make your own rose by buying a tetra pack of white and a tetra pack of red and just mixing them in a rinsed out 2L vinegar jug?

It's true and the result is just as good as the finest rose VQA has to offer.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

infernal machines posted:

Protip: Did you know you can make your own rose by buying a tetra pack of white and a tetra pack of red and just mixing them in a rinsed out 2L vinegar jug?

It's true and the result is just as good as the finest rose VQA has to offer.

Go for the 3-4 liter. they have a bladder in them that you can blow up and use as a pillow once they're empty.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
gently caress tradition, drink Palo Cortado sherry with a steak.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

holy frig that quebecois guy was bang on

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Why are so many apartments for rent "NO PETS!" What did they do to wrong you!?

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

You’ve got to understand, if you move out and your pets have left any kind of mess or mild damage, the landlord would have to spend like, a half day dealing with it.

I mean, have a heart.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Either that or a literal hazmat crew. I've seen some poo poo...

It's at most like 1% of pet owners who would ever allow something like that to happen, but I do understand it. A tiny minority of reckless, irresponsible jerkoffs ruin it for everyone else because they can't be bothered to behave like functional human beings.

Hmm, sounds like COVID.

EDIT: The correct response is to make "NO PETS" a forbidden thing to do as a landlord, and then pursue those who do an unreasonable amount of damage for civil damages. You can't trust landlords to make the right choice because of course it's easiest and the least-risky to simply say "NO PETS." There's minimal upside in a tight rental market to allowing pets, and a large possible downside even if it's not likely.

PT6A fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Apr 5, 2022

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

No pets clauses are illegal in a lot of places so you can usually just say you don't have pets and then move in with pets and they can't do poo poo.

I think the only exception is like if the landlord has a proven super duper ridiculous bad allergy or something but that's never the case.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

No pets clauses are illegal in a lot of places so you can usually just say you don't have pets and then move in with pets and they can't do poo poo.

I think the only exception is like if the landlord has a proven super duper ridiculous bad allergy or something but that's never the case.

Yeah but I'd like to at least prefer a landlord who "allows" pets so things aren't needlessly antagonistic right off the bat... Because I don't want to start things off such that they drag their feet.

Funnily enough one of the landlords I was talking to did mention allergies.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Paper thin walls and all it takes is one yappy dog to ensure no one's sleeping.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Every rental application I have ever filled out I put no pets.

Then after moving in I tell the landlord I changed my mind.

Ontario though, ymmv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I think No Pet Clauses should be illegal and also are, and that should never change. That being said, everyone that lives in an apartment with a dog That Barks A Lot can suck deeply from my rear end.