Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Also she's a coward and wouldn't put herself through pain/misery to try escape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Yea, she is very clearly cowed by Egwene by that time, and she would fear the results of her getting caught trying to escape.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Also she's a coward and wouldn't put herself through pain/misery to try escape

I like this answer, similar to Asmodean being a fuckup coward who's like guess I'll be a slave instead of breaking this shield, this is fine.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Started the final book. Holy cow this thing is 41 hours long as the audiobook.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Less than two days, easy peasey.

St0rmD
Sep 25, 2002

We shoulda just dropped this guy over the Middle East"

Nitrousoxide posted:

Started the final book. Holy cow this thing is 41 hours long as the audiobook.

9 of those are one chapter lol.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Episode 6 got nominated for a Hugo award :confuoot:

https://twitter.com/torbooks/status/1512099321667371014?s=21&t=t3LuIRMDWE0ygTmc2ClWUg

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

is that the sad warder one that everyone here was mad about because loving lmao if it is :discourse:

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

is that the sad warder one that everyone here was mad about because loving lmao if it is :discourse:

That was 5. 6 was Moiraine's various goings on about Tar Valon and ending with her planned exile.

Gambor
Oct 24, 2005

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

6 was the one with Siuan in it. There was some discourse.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

oh dammit i was gonna have a good hearty laugh :(

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Just got to Tuon telling Matt her age and I do not appreciate Jordan swerving to 14 before going nah that's just Seanchanese, this "tiny," "black porcelain doll" he's abducted is totally legal to marry and/or gently caress :wiggle:.

Gross.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
The Assassination of the Seanchen Royalty by the Sex Pervert Robert Jordan

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Gambor posted:

6 was the one with Siuan in it. There was some discourse.

Not to mention some intercourse. It was a good episode though, so it's going to be a good way to spot shitheads for a while as they talk about "affirmative action" and "the woke/gay axis".

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I will treasure forever the moment when my weird WoT-worshipping roommate watched That Scene in the other room and I heard OH FOR gently caress'S SAKE bellowing out from down the hall

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Who worships WoT? People are weird.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Invalid Validation posted:

Who worships WoT? People are weird.

People who think Rand is some kind of A=A superhero and it is a story about a nobody growing up to be elected both President and Pope, and about how awesome he is

He wants to get the arm tattoos

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Data Graham posted:

People who think Rand is some kind of A=A superhero and it is a story about a nobody growing up to be elected both President and Pope, and about how awesome he is

From the sound of him, I too would like him to be stabbed to death by an insulted seven footer.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Data Graham posted:

Did they confuse this with sword of truth? The goodkind thread is way over there.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

To be fair I'm pretty sure Goodkind got the same take-home message from it.

That and "women are stupid and squabbling and shouldn't be trusted with power, what you need is a MAN to put the world right"

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Data Graham I really have to know why you're still rooming with this guy. Like you've been talking about him for literal years and he sounds insufferable.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's a stupid E/N story. I just hope this stuff is vaguely amusing, and if not I'll stop posting about him.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Data Graham posted:

It's a stupid E/N story. I just hope this stuff is vaguely amusing, and if not I'll stop posting about him.

Oh no it's hilarious

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Oh no it's hilarious

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ah, wetlander humor

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

What does he think the tattoos will look like? I’m assuming whatever is in the bad book of art?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
If he was a real fan he'd start out with the heron brandings.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean he does have a heron-mark sword he keeps in his room

for those new to the saga

Natty Ninefingers
Feb 17, 2011
dear gently caress.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Let he who would not buy a heron mark letter opener cast the first stone

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Democratic Pirate posted:

Only those who defeat another heron marked letter opener owner in combat earn the right to wield one.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Not gonna lie I have looked longingly at the Offical TM Replica Heron Marked Sword for years but never got one. Maybe one day.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Swords are very cool and could be decorative. Fantasy replica swords on your wall are forever a sore thumb of dork nerdery.

Lean into it if you're that kinda person its cool, but lets not be confused about what it says about you.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Data Graham posted:

I mean he does have a heron-mark sword he keeps in his room

for those new to the saga

I still have my 32mm wrench, I will duel him

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I flow from The Dove Takes Flight to Thistledown Floats on the Whirlwind as I mangle my letter into an unreadable mess.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Democratic Pirate posted:

ngl, I googled to see if they existed as soon as I read this post :(

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Amazon really dropped the ball on WoT merch.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

A little bit of S2 news for the weekend. Prep is underway in Essaouira for filming of The Wheel Of Time. They will be using the Skala Medina for prep and shooting from April 11-30th.

Word from the production staff on the ground is they're more likely to be using the wall (and not the round part) based off of the direction the facades are pointing.

And here's a Daughter-Heir selfie for no reason :sun:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I'd make her a cloth of gold and silver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Hexel posted:

A little bit of S2 news for the weekend. Prep is underway in Essaouira for filming of The Wheel Of Time. They will be using the Skala Medina for prep and shooting from April 11-30th.

Word from the production staff on the ground is they're more likely to be using the wall (and not the round part) based off of the direction the facades are pointing.

And here's a Daughter-Heir selfie for no reason :sun:

No reason you say?

Are there facades in the castle picture? What am I missing?