Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

We have lived here for over 40 years, there has been a huge increase in birds, dead skunks, dead chip monks as well as a rise in deer droppings. The amount of damage is too much to our property. The flooding of the streets all through out town from the rain is damaging also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Is this more AI generated Nxtdoor rants?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The damage small dead animals wreak on a property

Like how am I meant to clean up after all this *gestures angrily at a two-inch corpse*

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Brawnfire posted:

Like how am I meant to clean up after all this *gestures angrily at a two-inch corpse*

I mean, the dead body isn't a problem, but small animals absolutely can wreck the gently caress out of a building in some extremely expensive ways.

A few rentals back we had a squirrel chew through a soffit under the roof and build a nest in some space in the attic. It wasn't my problem so I wasn't privy to what, exactly, the damage was up there but it ended up requiring some pretty expensive roof repairs. I suspect leaking was involved.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Cyrano4747 posted:

I mean, the dead body isn't a problem, but small animals absolutely can wreck the gently caress out of a building in some extremely expensive ways.

A few rentals back we had a squirrel chew through a soffit under the roof and build a nest in some space in the attic. It wasn't my problem so I wasn't privy to what, exactly, the damage was up there but it ended up requiring some pretty expensive roof repairs. I suspect leaking was involved.

My parents sold our home to a couple who then decided to go on mission to Mongolia. We kept up with them casually for a few years via letters, but they eventually disappeared off our radar.

And apparently everyone else's radar, because we found out several years later that they'd abandoned the house, and it had become a haven for squirrels. I don't think the entire property was condemned, but it was uninhabitable without a ton of work.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Missionaries are garbage humans

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

The missionary who tried to contact the Sentinelese was cool

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

You know what reply to post there.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 12, 2022

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Good news! The NextDoor CEO reports that they instituted a review system which has reduced turboracist or threatening posts by *checks notes* roughly 33%!

https://time.com/collection/time100-companies-2022/6159411/nextdoor-leaders/

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Good news! The NextDoor CEO reports that they instituted a review system which has reduced turboracist or threatening posts by *checks notes* roughly 33%!

https://time.com/collection/time100-companies-2022/6159411/nextdoor-leaders/

There is no possible way that this system will work opposite from intended and get people banned for "reverse racism" like on facebook.

You need to be tolerant of mister Hilter's opinions and not use awful slurs like "nazi fuckbag" etc

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

BigBadSteve posted:

You know what reply to post there.

"thats not a set, THATS a set".

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
A complaint about children (mostly under privileged) at the after school care place who need to be taken care of safely until their parents can get them after work...

"They need to keep them quieter when they are outside playing."

The gently caress do you people want?

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

a fatguy baldspot posted:

The missionary who tried to contact the Sentinelese was cool

Lol

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

The Butcher posted:

A complaint about children (mostly under privileged) at the after school care place who need to be taken care of safely until their parents can get them after work...

"They need to keep them quieter when they are outside playing."

The gently caress do you people want?

"All kids do these days is sit around inside playing videogames"

One breath later: "These kids playing outside are too loud!"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Brawnfire posted:

You've never had a squirrel die and rot inside your ceiling, have you?

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

You've never had a squirrel die and rot inside your ceiling, have you?
Of course not, thats what all the snakes are for.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

"I moved into a nice (white) neighborhood, and I'm upset at hearing (brown/poor) kids making noises (being happy)" is all I hear from that.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

X JAKK posted:

Of course not, thats what all the snakes are for.

Well hello there, haven't seen you post in forever.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Fashionable Jorts posted:

"All kids do these days is sit around inside playing videogames"

One breath later: "These kids playing outside are too loud!"

They're like this about everything. They want the world to be like it was when they were kids but as soon as anyone actually acts that way they start clutching their pearls

"Why arent people good/friendly neighbors anymore?"
"Somone came to my door to offer to rake my leaves, do you think they're trying to CASE my HOUSE?"

"Kids spend all their time on screens/indoors these days >:/"
"3 teenagers walked by my house with a dog today, has anyone else seen this suspicious behavior???"

"All these lazy kids dont want to work anymore, when I was their age I mowed lawns for cash or walked to every business with my resume"
"2 boys came to my door asking to shovel my walkway for $5, do you think they're planning to murder me for their tiktoks?"

"when i was a kid i would hang out at the MALL with my friends"
"I saw 3 teenagers at the store today, i think they were looking for people to follow out to their cars to rob!"

Every time I open ND i see like 10 posts I just want to ask "what is your drat problem actually" on

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I honestly had to delete it because people were so loving suspicious and hateful about the poor/people with skin darker than a paper bag. It wasn't even a huge amount of the neighbors but it was enough that I wouldn't be able to stop myself from being a dick to them, and getting kicked off anyway. I also got yelled at once for going under 60 on a 45mph road with lots of turns, loose cows, deer, and Mennonites walking it on foot.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Lol people moved into the houses next to my highschool then had the audacity to complain about school noise and traffic.

Dudes the school was there before the houses.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Tunicate posted:

Lol people moved into the houses next to my highschool then had the audacity to complain about school noise and traffic.

Dudes the school was there before the houses.

They're always like this. A whole bunch of people moved into East Boston and then had the nerve to complain about the only thing east boston is known for, loving Logan Airport.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
My city has a speedway track that has been there for 93 years and is a perennial complaint from the now highly gentrified neighbours

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I keep making the mistake of trying to use nextdoor for useful things.

We received a delivery for someone else directly from a store. No name or address and no reciept in the bags.

Left notes with a couple neighbors so hopefully that works out as I don't want to have to call Walmart tomorrow and track down where it's supposed to go especially if they didn't even deliver it to the correct neighborhood.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Neito posted:

They're always like this. A whole bunch of people moved into East Boston and then had the nerve to complain about the only thing east boston is known for, loving Logan Airport.

I have heard lots of bullshit from horrible gentrifiers somehow overlooking very obvious things they move in next to, but I've never heard of them overlooking something as large as an AIRPORT

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The most brutal is all the vibrant music and arts spaces that have assholes move in next to them who then make it their life's mission to shut the place down

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021
It's not nextdoor without a random coyote sighting...

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I keep making the mistake of trying to use nextdoor for useful things.

We received a delivery for someone else directly from a store. No name or address and no reciept in the bags.

Left notes with a couple neighbors so hopefully that works out as I don't want to have to call Walmart tomorrow and track down where it's supposed to go especially if they didn't even deliver it to the correct neighborhood.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. The intended recipient raised hell with Walmart thirty seconds after getting the email notification that their order has been delivered and then not finding it.
Walmart probably got them another order already.
Sucks for the 1099 contractor delivery driver tho

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Scathach posted:

"I moved into a nice (white) neighborhood, and I'm upset at hearing (brown/poor) kids making noises (being happy)" is all I hear from that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSsZPSxMywo

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Harry_Potato posted:

It's not nextdoor without a random coyote sighting...

Out of everything that's happened the last decade I've forgot about just about everything that I used to hate.

Except furries. Furries are eternal.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Your probably right. I usually walk up and down the street looking at porches to get my stuff when this happens, might not be correct street.

Come to think of there may have been posts about me on next door doing that haha!

I'll just offer the stuff to one of the neighbors in a couple days if not claimed as I can't use anything.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I have heard lots of bullshit from horrible gentrifiers somehow overlooking very obvious things they move in next to, but I've never heard of them overlooking something as large as an AIRPORT

We had an entire neighborhood of coolie cutter houses move in between a pair of dairies and complain about the smell. Yeah welcome to hot sun and lots of cows, you're in farming land now.

Holy god that video. Jesus.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Brawnfire posted:

It's like "between" two signs, like a Libra-Scorpio cusp. Lots of people angrily insist it doesn't exist, you can only be one or the other. Many others angrily insist it does.

It doesn't, but boy will they talk about it. When they get out charts...

I like to claim Ophiuchus just to cause issues. gently caress whatever the National Aeronautics and Space Administration has to say.

https://www.bbvaopenmind.com/en/science/physics/ophiuchus-the-13th-sign-of-the-zodiac/

Though, I'd be a cusp of Ophiuchus-Sagittarius.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

The most brutal is all the vibrant music and arts spaces that have assholes move in next to them who then make it their life's mission to shut the place down

Toronto is awful for this. So many good music spaces have shuttered because of jabronis with too much money moving in and complaining. Now you have to go out to the loving boonies for a good rave.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
I'm not saying anything out there, but a few weeks ago, my neighbor (Neighbor Jeff, who I've talked to in person maybe 3 times, but has my number because I was leaving for a month and was super anxious about my house, so I left him a letter in his mailbox.) [lol find my thread about trying to support a LGBQT couple next to me]

Anywho, called me and he saw a large black dude coming out of my backyard, walking a bike. I don't really have a privacy fence anymore, since a recent storm, but. Told Jeff I didn't own a bike, but I went out there and could see his path through the Ivy. Cue the next 3 weeks or so of neighbors saying this large black dude on a bike was all up in their yards, and looking around their cars and stuff. So, honestly, seemed like a dude with a purpose. I don't think anything happened, as far as I know, but he was at least cutting through yards and getting comfortably close with other people's houses.

Like it seemed about the only time NextDoor may have been useful? To be fair, I never posted it on ND, but it was kind of curious to watch the stories gather, and proliferate. I don't live in a super-great neighborhood either, so it wouldn't really be too hard to believe he was up to no good.

I forget my point about this, but ND can be fun, regardless. I think only my first name shows up, and i added some random SA image to be my avatar.

Also, I wish i had some ding dong ditchers, because my ding donger doesn't work. So they'd have to knock hard, and I'd still probably ignore it.
Plus, I live across from an elderly couple (No idea their names, but I helped them shovel snow and get a van unstuck), who either babysit a lot of their brethren or have a bunch of younger people hang out. There were some nights last year where there were like 9 cars parked up and down the road, and all mostly teens if I had to guess.

I found empty bottles of liquor and empty beer cans in my front yard one morning, and was like pretty pissed. I was going to say something, when I got off work. But by the time I got home, someone had cleaned it all up. So it was a very much 'c'est la vie' moment, and it hasn't happened since.

this is a lot of words about my neighborhood and ND.

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 13, 2022

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Particularly galling as a lot of them are moving in because all the music and art spaces made it a desirable place to live in the first place.

Like the hell, just move to a dead suburb if you want peace and quite, there's no place that doesn't have poo poo loads a bout.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
Get a lot of this too, depending on the neighborhoods, that aren't super far from me

which is gorgeous, but i don't know, gives me feelings. maybe straight up jealousy, but this is the type of person that complains about ding dong ditch

(uh, blurry addresses)

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
pee in their koi pond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO