Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

dogsicle posted:

i don't think people dying does anything for the arc, they just need to not have this second demon start another awful battle like this Lucifero one. seems most likely that she would be setup for whatever is next though.

The illusion of stakes would do a lot for me right now. I was willing to tolerate them not killing Gauche for real despite him being the character who deserves it the most, but after Gaja got blown out and started disintegrating from how hard he got killed, only for them to be like "actually magic can be whatever you want it to be" and magic him all better, I demand blood!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Bible Ian Black posted:

On a less great note, I don't think it's worth digging up the thread to talk about this but, boy this arc of Black Clover has been particularly dogshit huh? Unless that demon lady (can't even be hosed to try to remember the name) decides she's just gonna kill some people while they're down then this is going to have been a total waste of time, which is fitting.

It started out just blasting people in the face with stupid number bullshit. Your number is 4 but mine is 1 and I'm only using 40% of my power! Ha ha, you managed to push me slightly, now I will use 50% of my power! That's the type of garbage that always leads to bad storytelling. Literally the only redeeming part of it is one of the mediocre Bulls teaming up with the actually intelligent person in the story to develop a power that completely negates power levels and straight beating the rear end off of one of the nonsense bosses. The antagonists are such garbage that when they start doing things like giving Yuno an extra spell book I'm like sure, fine, whatever gets these chumps in the past faster.

e: Also it's hard to see where they escalate from here.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Apr 13, 2022

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The devil hosts have been the absolute worst villains in alll of BC.
You just dont care about them and each one had several asspulls that acrivate when they seem to be down.

Fully agree that Magna's deathmatch was the highlight of the arc with the rest being solidly mediocre and boring.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
One of the funnier black clover aspects is that there are entire other continents that apparently don't use magic that have been completely ignored except for yamis backstory

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This all seems really final outside of Asta's father being unknown and various minute details about his mom.

Yuno's background has been fully revealed. The other Bulls don't have much to go into outside of Charmy being part dwarf.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I thought the final villain was going to be the sage who made those diamond people from one of the earliest arcs. Definitely feels like it's this though

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Seeing as devils were behind pretty much everything major going on fighting the strongest devils seems pretty final.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Jose posted:

I thought the final villain was going to be the sage who made those diamond people from one of the earliest arcs. Definitely feels like it's this though

He kind of just got his rear end kicked by all the Black Bulls at once then sacrificed. I feel he was kind of wasted.

muscles like this! posted:

Seeing as devils were behind pretty much everything major going on fighting the strongest devils seems pretty final.

Though he was beaten at only half power, so it's a bit anti climatic.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the demon onlooker definitely looks like setup for the next arc to me

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
anyone here that is relatively up to date on the tokyo revengers manga? the first season of the show ends on chapter 80 something and theres 250 chapters and its still ongoing. do they really just do the "it seems like things have kind of changed for the bette- oh no, everything is still the same!" poo poo over and over again for 250 chapters?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Fucker posted:

anyone here that is relatively up to date on the tokyo revengers manga? the first season of the show ends on chapter 80 something and theres 250 chapters and its still ongoing. do they really just do the "it seems like things have kind of changed for the bette- oh no, everything is still the same!" poo poo over and over again for 250 chapters?

I am up to date. The answer is no, eventually Takemichi does real change.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1514484817123061762?t=HdBIZW0kIOc_4DKrOmb4Ew&s=19

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
That... came out of nowhere and doesn't sound great for a future of this anthology where Earthchild isn't around to actively make it worse.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

That... came out of nowhere and doesn't sound great for a future of this anthology where Earthchild isn't around to actively make it worse.

On the upside, it also means Ayashimon has more of a chance.

Right now we've got two series too young for an elimination under normal circumstances, three series on the edge, and one series that got a surprise second wind when almost everyone had it written off as a goner. Eliminate Triangle, and we've got nearly a third of the magazine in the grey zone.

Good time to be a vet, I guess. Anyone who can get "okay" numbers right now is going to have a lot more margin of error than usual, since Shugomaru, Doron, and Earthchild are playing ablative armor.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Are people seeing this as a sign that it's close to the axe? But can't this simply be because of the thinly veiled sexual content that they don't want on the web? Didn't they push a few chapters specifically to Jump+ because of the content?

Ah well, if this means Earthchild gets to live longer to show how not to write a story than I'm all for it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I figured they were pushing it to the app for content stuff. seems like a weird choice if jumpwere looking to cancel it. tho maybe the author's just getting extra chances because their previous works were popular

but idk would anyone really care if ayakashi triangle was canceled? how far can being a worse, hornier ranma 1/2 take you as a series

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
It's still getting an anime, right? If this was a sign it was cancelled and ending soon, seems like a weird time to do it.

Not that there's any ongoing storyline to wrap up, the series could tie everything up in a chapter if they wanted to

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Darth TNT posted:

Are people seeing this as a sign that it's close to the axe? But can't this simply be because of the thinly veiled sexual content that they don't want on the web? Didn't they push a few chapters specifically to Jump+ because of the content?

Ah well, if this means Earthchild gets to live longer to show how not to write a story than I'm all for it.

Yeah, I just see it as a mix of Jump being able to head off any controversy over having something so sexual in what is is nominally still a magazine aimed at a younger demographic, and giving the author more freedom to do whatever they want with the property without feeling as constrained due to the publishing format. They also might think it'll be more successful in an online published format as well.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Isn't Ayakashi Triangle the main horny series in Jump? Transferring it to a service where it can better utilize its main draw makes sense and doesn't really point at early cancellation, no?

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Yeah, moving AT is just so they don’t have to worry about content anymore I think. Makes sense if they want to make normal jump a bit more kid friendly.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

just heard about Chainsawman part 2 moving to Jump+, you guys don't think it's getting cancelled do you? :ohdear:

duh the horny series is going where it can be more unbridled-ly horny. somebody wanted to have their cake and eat it too by putting this in the magazine in the first place, like they didn't learn from Yuragi-sou a whole two years ago.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I usually lurk this thread to hear about new shounen and stuff but this race to be the first person to call when a series is being canceled is so exhausting

like what’s the point. Comment on what you like or don’t about a manga, you don’t have to waste this much brainpower trying to divine the ways of shounen jump editors

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Pretend I quoted conanthethird, chaisaur, and death tnt because I realize it’s not a thing every poster does. I just get real sour having to figure out where that stuff ends so I can resume reading posts

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Chapter 2 of Gash Bell 2 is out and oh boy is it good to see Kiyomaru again.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Erg posted:

Pretend I quoted conanthethird, chaisaur, and death tnt because I realize it’s not a thing every poster does. I just get real sour having to figure out where that stuff ends so I can resume reading posts

I'm not even trying to though? I literally pointed out that series is probably going to + for horny reasons?
Cause I agree, there's so much axe fright everywhere. Just read and enjoy and talk about it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Reading shonen jump for the manga is baby poo poo, the real reason to read it is to puzzle out editor intentions and use rules you just invented to identify why and when a new comic will die.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Reading shonen jump for the manga is baby poo poo, the real reason to read it is to puzzle out editor intentions and use rules you just invented to identify why and when a new comic will die.

Excuse me, but as a reader of Bakuman, I like to think that I know the nuts and bolts of the manga industry.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the zatch bell chapters are too short 😭

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Darth TNT posted:

I'm not even trying to though? I literally pointed out that series is probably going to + for horny reasons?
Cause I agree, there's so much axe fright everywhere. Just read and enjoy and talk about it.

Oops! Totally my bad. I saw the word “axe” when I was scrolling back up for that second post and added you in there

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

dogsicle posted:

the zatch bell chapters are too short 😭

This.

Good chapter tho. Kiyo getting punched around by a big demon is very nostalgic.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

SyntheticPolygon posted:

This but unironically

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
there isn't enough attention paid to non jump shounen drama, like the extremely funny fact that the ao ashi scanlators got sniped by people in their own discord who were sick of waiting for them to get around to translating new issues

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

dogsicle posted:

just heard about Chainsawman part 2 moving to Jump+, you guys don't think it's getting cancelled do you? :ohdear:

duh the horny series is going where it can be more unbridled-ly horny. somebody wanted to have their cake and eat it too by putting this in the magazine in the first place, like they didn't learn from Yuragi-sou a whole two years ago.

Didnt the exact same thing happen with To love ru

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I dunno about wondering when a series will end, but I do enjoy talking with everyone here on why manga like Earthchild or Ghost Plagiarist is terrible. The comments section in Shonen Jump or even Mangadex praise these works for some reason so it's nice to know I'm not the only person who thinks something is a lovely manga.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

but idk would anyone really care if ayakashi triangle was canceled? how far can being a worse, hornier ranma 1/2 take you as a series

Besides that baffling chapter with Rocha that probably started this stupid mess in the first place (though that one with the MC's mom was... a thing) I was enjoying it well enough.

My horse in this race is seeing Earthchild gone. Cuz say what you will of Triangle, and there is a lot you can say about it, that one doesn't have a unwitting statutory rapist as its mc.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the first chapter of earthchild is really funny with this context. as a teenager, he fell in love with a girl who saved her life and also the girl was 6 years old.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Ah yes, when the worst we had to contend with that story was that it fridged a cool female character and we were looking at the possibility of this being a Dad Raising (Psychic) Child Manga.

Those were good days.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SyntheticPolygon posted:

This.

Good chapter tho. Kiyo getting punched around by a big demon is very nostalgic.

The only thing I hate about it is realizing I have to wait another month.

I hope Folgore comes backs.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm not even picking it up until I know fulgore and kyanchome are back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the first chapter of earthchild is really funny with this context. as a teenager, he fell in love with a girl who saved her life and also the girl was 6 years old.

Lmao I kind of hope it doesn't immediately get canned because I want to see how bad this train wreck can get. It's almost impressive